Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary theory

Hey guys,

I been wondering this(i don't know if this is already something people are doing):

We know that if you change spec, you get increased change of legendary drop.

If your BiS is something that drops for all your specs(and not spec specific legendary), then you could change loot spec and get it that way, much more quickly.

Logic? Yes?

English? No?

That isn't how it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    English? No?
    Douchebag, maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    That isn't how it works.
    Its confirmed that you get increased drop chance when you swap specs. So if you want to hunt your all-spec legendary, why wouldn't it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Douchebag, maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Its confirmed that you get increased drop chance when you swap specs. So if you want to hunt your all-spec legendary, why wouldn't it work?
    You don't get a increased drop chance nor is it confirmed.

Someone might of won the rng lottery and attributed that to swapping specs but this isn't a thing that actually increases your odds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    You don't get a increased drop chance nor is it confirmed.

Someone might of won the rng lottery and attributed that to swapping specs but this isn't a thing that actually increases your odds.
    Its not confirmed?

Sorry, but you kinda trigger me. You got 6K posts here and you don't even look up before you comment(should be more of your own interest for the community you are taking part of):

"Currently, in Patch 7.1.5, your chance to receive a Legendary is based on the total number of Legendaries you’ve already gotten. In Patch 7.2, we’re changing that algorithm to only count Legendaries with bonuses that apply to your spec. So, if you’re a Fire Mage with the Pyroblast bracers and Scorch belt, you’ll have a significantly higher chance to receive a Legendary when your loot specialization is set to Frost than you do currently."

http://www.wowhead.com/news=260762.3...uck-protection

Given mutliple sources, the first 2 drops are very likely within a week or 2. It you have 3 specs, you can take out 4 of the common legendaries(it can obviously also drop as spec legendary and unusable on your main spec).

I answered my own question.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-06-23 at 01:27 PM.

Yes... but you are also opening yourself up to pulling your legendaries from a larger pool since that spec probally has more you haven't obtained yet vs your main spec.

Worth it for sure if you only want neutral legendaries but you run the risk of getting multiple ones you don't want. You should be able to get a legendary every week now thanks to the netherdisruptor though so no worries with all of that.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Done that. Worked for me (after patch 7.2)

I wanted Sephuz, so I changed my spec from shadow to disc. Got 2 legendaries very quickly, but not Sephuz. So I changed to holy, first drop was Sephuz.

As it's BIS for shadow now, I'm happy I got it this way

Deleted
    It's still a gamble, you only have an increased dropchance for legendaries for your first 4 legendaries I think. After that every legendary has the same base dropchance to start out with.

I have 5 shared legendaries on my warrior and only one specific to fury, so for me switching specs doesn't really do anything.

Hey guys,

I been wondering this(i don't know if this is already something people are doing):

We know that if you change spec, you get increased change of legendary drop.

If your BiS is something that drops for all your specs(and not spec specific legendary), then you could change loot spec and get it that way, much more quickly.

Logic? Yes?
    No logic.

If you have 6 Legendaries that still didn't drop for your offspec, then the specific "general" all-spec Leggo has very little chance to drop instead of one of the 6 spec specific Leggos.

Its not confirmed?

Sorry, but you kinda trigger me. You got 6K posts here and you don't even look up before you comment(should be more of your own interest for the community you are taking part of):

"Currently, in Patch 7.1.5, your chance to receive a Legendary is based on the total number of Legendaries you’ve already gotten. In Patch 7.2, we’re changing that algorithm to only count Legendaries with bonuses that apply to your spec. So, if you’re a Fire Mage with the Pyroblast bracers and Scorch belt, you’ll have a significantly higher chance to receive a Legendary when your loot specialization is set to Frost than you do currently."

In 7.1/7.1.5, each time you received a legendary your chance to receive another one was reduced class-wide.
    In 7.2/7.2.5, each time you receive a legendary your chance to receive another one is reduced only for the specializations that legendary is useful for.

So the original post isn't a correct assumption.

Example:

If you get your first legendary and it's only usable by Blood DK's, you'll still have the original chance to receive a legendary for both Frost and Unholy.
    If you get your first legendary and it's Sephuz, usable by all specs, you'll now have a reduced chance for all specializations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    No logic.

If you have 6 Legendaries that still didn't drop for your offspec, then the specific "general" all-spec Leggo has very little chance to drop instead of one of the 6 spec specific Leggos.
    True.

But IF your BIS is some generic bracers, shoulders and what not, chances for you to get it is much quicker, if you swap loot spec for every 2 legendary you get.

Its not confirmed?

Given mutliple sources, the first 2 drops are very likely within a week or 2. It you have 3 specs, you can take out 4 of the common legendaries(it can obviously also drop as spec legendary and unusable on your main spec).

I answered my own question.
    Yeah for the first legendary in that spec, then its back to normal. And this does not apply if you have sephuz or prydas or any of the shared legendaries. The first legendary is the easiest one to get. After that you its the same on all specs.

So your plan could work out if you need a shared one, But if you already have 3 legendaries for your main spec, then there is a smaller pool to grab from

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    In 7.1/7.1.5, each time you received a legendary your chance to receive another one was reduced class-wide.
    In 7.2/7.2.5, each time you receive a legendary your chance to receive another one is reduced only for the specializations that legendary is useful for.

So the original post isn't a correct assumption.

Example:

If you get your first legendary and it's only usable by Blood DK's, you'll still have the original chance to receive a legendary for both Frost and Unholy.
    If you get your first legendary and it's Sephuz, usable by all specs, you'll now have a reduced chance for all specializations.
    So, if you want to have Blood DK specific legendary, it might be better, to take out all the shared leggos. In that case, you know that when you play on your BDK, chances for your BIS BDK specific leggo will drop is higher than Sephuz.

But it doesnt guarantee that you get Sephuz on your Unholy, you might get UH specific leggo instead and it will obviously defeat the purpose.

I think time wise, it makes good sense to swap loot specs to take out the first 2 of each spec out ASAP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Yeah for the first legendary in that spec, then its back to normal. And this does not apply if you have sephuz or prydas or any of the shared legendaries. The first legendary is the easiest one to get. After that you its the same on all specs.

So your plan could work out if you need a shared one, But if you already have 3 legendaries for your main spec, then there is a smaller pool to grab from
    The first 2 leggos of your spec got really good drop chances, after that it slows down significantly(surely instead, you could probably get 2-4 more legendaries in total from different specs, maybe even take out the shared leggos out with some luck).

What I'm doing since the offspec BLP change on every new alt:
    1. Get 1 leggie for every spec (very fast)
    2. Get second leggie for every spec (slightly slower, might skip specs I'd never play like feral druid)
    3. Go back to ms because 3rd and on has no bonus
    4. Swear loudly if the process above gets disturbed by getting a shared-spec leggie that eats from offspec BLP

For example if I got 2 spec specific for ms, then switch to os, get sephuz and prydaz, then there's no point fishing for any extra from offspec BLP as 2 shared ones make your BLP the same for every remaining spec so you might as well stay in the one you care the most about.

If your first 2 legendaries are spec-specific you should in my opinion make use of offspec extra chance, you'll get it much faster, and 2 things can happen:
    1. You get offspec specific legendary... well you might play that spec one day and you didn't waste that much time getting it, and it didn't affect your mainspec pool at all.
    2. You get a shared one lowering the amount of legendaries you have to plow through in your main spec after, and you got it faster than if you stayed in ms and fished for 3rd. Some shared legendaries are awful but some can be even bis (like the example with spriest and sephuz).

If you get 2 shared ones as 2 totally first legendaries (like on my main, aggramar stride + prydaz were my 2 first), then rip, no offspec BLP for you.

True.

But IF your BIS is some generic bracers, shoulders and what not, chances for you to get it is much quicker, if you swap loot spec for every 2 legendary you get.
    Please explain how it works?

I have all the Legendaries for my main spec - Healer (incl Sephuz/Prydaz)
    I have only 1 Legendary for my DPS spec.

How is switching to DPS spec to farm legendary is going to help me get the BiS one if there are stiil like 6 different ones to proc? It's a 1 in 6 chance.

Therefore, if i want the new all-spec Legendary ring, i best farm it in Healer spec (where i already got everything)
    Last edited by Korban; 2017-06-23 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    What I'm doing since the offspec BLP change on every new alt:
    1. Get 1 leggie for every spec (very fast)
    2. Get second leggie for every spec (slightly slower, might skip specs I'd never play like feral druid)
    3. Go back to ms because 3rd and on has no bonus
    4. Swear loudly if the process above gets disturbed by getting a shared-spec leggie that eats from offspec BLP

For example if I got 2 spec specific for ms, then switch to os, get sephuz and prydaz, then there's no point fishing for any extra from offspec BLP as 2 shared ones make your BLP the same for every remaining spec so you might as well stay in the one you care the most about.

If your first 2 legendaries are spec-specific you should in my opinion make use of offspec extra chance, you'll get it much faster, and 2 things can happen:
    1. You get offspec specific legendary... well you might play that spec one day and you didn't waste that much time getting it, and it didn't affect your mainspec pool at all.
    2. You get a shared one lowering the amount of legendaries you have to plow through in your main spec after, and you got it faster than if you stayed in ms and fished for 3rd. Some shared legendaries are awful but some can be even bis (like the example with spriest and sephuz).

If you get 2 shared ones as 2 totally first legendaries (like on my main, aggramar stride + prydaz were my 2 first), then rip, no offspec BLP for you.
    Its say specifcally, that you if you get Sephuz on OS and shared one on OS, then its still 1 drop on EACH spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    In my opinion, this is where you're wrong.

It WILL eat from your main spec pool.

Deleted
    Please explain how it works?

I have all the Legendaries for my main spec - Healer (incl Sephuz/Prydaz)
    I have only 1 Legendary for my DPS spec.

How is switching to DPS spec to farm legendary is going to help me get the BiS one if there are stiil like 6 different ones to proc? It's a 1 in 6 chance.

Therefore, if i want the new all-spec Legendary ring, i best farm it in Healer spec (where i already got everything)
    I don't know that much about healer leggos, but if your BiS is good for all 3 specs, then it matters to farm the first 2 drops on all 3 specs?

- - - Updated - - -

In my opinion, this is where you're wrong.

It WILL eat from your main spec pool.
    Source?

Because what I find doesnt state that.

ITS FORCED to drop you 2 leggo very early, regardless if you have Sephuz AND Prydaz(that means it doesnt eat from the pool).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-06-23 at 02:06 PM.