Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Not interested in some inane made-up scenarios.
    You can't take one minute out of your real life to explore a hypothetical scenario to allow me to illustrate a point here?

For somebody who is trying to sound tolerant, you certainly do not sound tolerant to me.

In fact, the far left/liberal community has to be one of the most intolerant communities I've seen in my life and is on par with one other type of culture and that is Islamic culture which has several similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorboy View Post
    You can't take one minute out of your real life to explore a hypothetical scenario to allow me to illustrate a point here?

For somebody who is trying to sound tolerant, you certainly do not sound tolerant to me.

In fact, the far left/liberal community has to be one of the most intolerant communities I've seen in my life and is on par with one other type of culture and that is Islamic culture which has several similarities.
    I am not trying to sound tolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Thank god someone with a brain.
    It's like the dude never thought about the chicken and the egg dillema.
    Or schrodingers cat.
    This can be said for literally any single country to ever exist on this planet.

You are simply hiding behind this thought because you simply cannot say with a straight face in today's world that my suggestions are false.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehshocka View Post
    This can be said for literally any single country to ever exist on this planet.
    You are simply hiding behind this thought because you simply cannot say with a straight face in today's world that my suggestions are false.
    Where have I said that the US is not the #1 in the world in our current existance?
    Certainly it is number #1 in several aspects.

Because actions can come from speech.

Okay, someone is delusional.
    You literally deflect because you refuse to answer the question in the frame of how today's world is set. Keep dreaming though.

Deleted
    I am not trying to sound tolerant.
    Then you would support a Nazi regime?

You literally deflect because you refuse to answer the question in the frame of how today's world is set. Keep dreaming though.
    And all you do is project with whatever you can come up with with your level of intelligence.

Where have I said that the US is not the #1 in the world in our current existance?
    Lol stop pretending like that was what I was suggesting. I said that if we removed the number one economy and military might in the world, things would be drastically different.

Peeps just cool it down a little.

I tell you why this kind of laws are possible in Germany....

Most of the ordinary German population felt played and led into something they didn't want by the Nazis after WWII. They went with the flow somehow blinded by the propaganda. Of course there where also truly evil people but most of the Germans felt deeply embarrassed and ashamed about what they've been lead into. Many never spoke again about what happened over decades. In order to "make things right" and out of a collective guilt many Germans want to be overly political correct and liberal. It's true that even in the year 2017! raising the German flag in your front yard raises suspicions among your neighbors that you are right wing minded.

The raids are kind of stupid in my opinion but you shouldn't forget they are not raided for shitposting. As someone said the treshhold is somewhat lower in Germany but I don't believe you can or should control social media unless it's a serious crime.

And all you do is project with whatever you can come up with with your level of intelligence.
    Ahh personal attacks and more deflecting. Keep them coming.

Never mind, I forget you live in a world where free speech was never free to begin with.

Locking up folks for speaking their mind (regardless of how shitty it is) in an attempt to censor their opinion because it does not support your side is absolutely wrong.
    I prefer to have a stable society above people being free to cause friction. Racists cause a lot of friction on a social level.

You apparently support rounding up people who don't support your ideology
    Nope. I support punishing racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post

Most of the ordinary German population felt played and led into something they didn't want by the Nazis after WWII. They went with the flow somehow blinded by the propaganda. Of course there where also truly evil people but most of the Germans felt deeply embarrassed and ashamed about what they've been lead into. Many never spoke again about what happened over decades. In order to "make things right" and out of a collective guilt many Germans want to be overly political correct and liberal. It's true that even in the year 2017! raising the German flag in your front yard raises suspicions among your neighbors that you are right wing minded.

The raids are kind of stupid in my opinion but you shouldn't forget they are not raided for shitposting. As someone said the treshhold is somewhat lower in Germany but I don't believe you can or should control social media unless it's a serious crime.
    Now this is something I can agree with and well said.

Ahh personal attacks and more deflecting. Keep them coming.
    You wouldn't want to live in a world where there was no USA. I can assure you that.
    That sounds like you are fabricating a fact on false assumptions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post

You are correct with this statement, a strong sense of political correctness has been strengthened by the guilt of what the Nazis perpetrated during the two World Wars in Europe.

Merkel's actions are also based on this guilt and not wanting to be seen as a second Adolf Hitler by her own people and by the rest of the world too, especially when she knows she is sitting right in the center of the world stage.

I prefer to have a stable society above people being free to cause friction. Racists cause a lot of friction on a social level.

Nope.
    Are you implying that the US has an unstable society?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It's impossible to have a society with completely free speech, because if you had completely free speech you could threaten to murder somebody with complete impunity. We have more freedom with regards to speech than most though.
    Indeed but even in the US, some of these posts could easily lead to you getting a visit from the police.

Compared to Singapore? Yes, certainly.

Yes?
    It might be more stable than some other countries but it's far away from perfection.

That sounds like you are fabricating a fact on false assumptions.
    Sweet mother of God you talk about logic lets fucking use some right now:

You have the worlds largest economy and consumer group in the USA.

If the US economy tanks, that consumer group stops buying goods.

If you are a country that relies on the US as a trading partner, you can find yourself in a world of hurt when your exports start falling off a cliff due to a contraction of spending from the US.

If your local economy cannot trade goods overseas it can only rely on local economies or other trade partners. However, more times than not, these other economies have no where near the capital to spend like the US.

Therefore, your local economy (especially if its main driver is US TRADE) goes down too.

Or you can always pray China has a need for your goods.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/...omies-in-2017/

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to Singapore? Yes, certainly.
    I would think it is far easier to keep a City State stable, versus a ton larger country with over 320 million people. With that said, I do admire some of the things and laws they have in Singapore.