Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    What is the problem exactly?
    Prison sentence for shitposting? They're back to being Nazi's again, and not the good kind.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-06-21 at 01:29 PM.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Why on earth would you want the government to have the authority to decide if your words are "hateful" enough to send you to jail?
    so you won't end up being gassed in some future... so you won't end up with people running around streets (modern equivalent: spamming this on social media) and incite people to burn witches, lynch negros and round up jews... you know, usual extremist stuff that actually happened before but people tend to forget that people are fucking retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    No one in the German Armed Forces would train someone like you. Oh wait, you're just stringing together German words, my bad, here, lemme put on some Rammstein for you.
    Your jokes are childish and pathetic. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    Prison sentence for shitposting? They're back to being Nazi's again, and not the good kind.
    Don't engage in actions that are illegal if you don't want to risk being punished, seems simple enough to me.

Less friction in society if the state takes care of it before it leads to physical conflicts between the groups.
    less free choice as well, and do you really think this help stop conflict or just pisses off more people and makes them more likely to become aggressive.

Why on earth would you want the government to have the authority to decide if your words are "hateful" enough to send you to jail?
    It's not like it's a thought police. It's threats, coercion and incitement to racism what we are talking about. There is seldom room for interpretation when someone writes "f*** off nig*** go kill yourself" under every picture or comment a person posts on the internet. Or when black bloc members tell other people to go smash cars, assault people and set things on fire openly on Facebook and Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    so you won't end up being gassed in some future... so you won't end up with people running around streets (modern equivalent: spamming this on social media) and incite people to burn witches, lynch negros and round up jews... you know, usual extremist stuff that actually happened before but people tend to forget that people are fucking retarded
    no now you just wind up being thrown in jail or fined heavily for saying something the ultra left thinks is racist.

less free choice as well
    You shouldn't have the choice to freely engage in racist or threatening actions towards people without penalties.
    do you really think this help stop conflict or just pisses off more people and makes them more likely to become aggressive.
    Yes, it does help to stop conflicts if the state handles it rather than letting people take it in their own hands due to the state not intervening.

Don't engage in actions that are illegal if you don't want to risk being punished, seems simple enough to me.
    This is pretty much Germany in a nut shell, they had anti Jewish laws only 1 lifetime ago so why would you think they would be any different now. You do get that law doesn't = right? You would have been a fantastic nazi supporter believing laws are right and all.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-06-21 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    It's not like it's a thought police. It's threats, coercion and incitement to racism what we are talking about. There is seldom room for interpretation when someone writes "f*** off nig*** go kill yourself" under every picture or comment a person posts on the internet. Or when black bloc members tell other people to go smash cars, assault people and set things on fire openly on Facebook and Twitter.
    the threats and coercion part im not worried about its that "incitement to racism" bit that's so vague that it can be used as a tool to go after anyone who disagrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    This is pretty much Germany in a nut shell, they had anti Jewish laws only 1 lifetime ago so why would you think they would be any different now. You do get that law doesn't = right? You would have been a fantastic nazi supporter, law being right and all.
    I don't particularly care all that much about what is thought of as right or not as it varies in every person.

I don't particularly care all that much about what is right or not as it varies in every person. There is no universal right or wrong.
    So condemn in one post, absolve in another. You seem really well mentally.

Spoiler: "government" is the people you democratically elect to represent you.

So condemn in one post, absolve in another. You seem really well mentally.
    I think it's right because racism creates friction in society. Someone else thinks it's wrong because people should be allowed to speak their minds freely. How do we determine who is actually right from an objective point of view when it comes down to personal preferences and opinions?

You think I'm wrong because of your personal preferences, I think I'm right because of my personal preferences.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-06-21 at 11:33 AM.

Hitler was democratically elected. You'd think with 20/20 hindsight you would avoid that sort of outcome but I guess its could just be cultural.

the government its what the largest group elects. without a constitutional (or similar legal protection) protection to free speech this kinda law can easily become a toll of the majority to suppress the speech of the minority but just labeling it hateful in one way or another.

I don't particularly care all that much about what is right

I think it's right because racism creates friction in society. Someone else thinks it's wrong because people should be allowed to speak their minds freely. How do we determine who is actually right from an objective point of view when it comes down to personal preferences and opinions?
    Yeah you can stop now. History proves whats right and whats wrong, and massive cultural shifts and stagnation have always led to the downfall of cultures. You're building your own coffin and loving it.

the government its what the largest group elects. without a constitutional (or similar legal protection) protection to free speech this kinda law can easily become a toll of the majority to suppress the speech of the minority but just labeling it hateful in one way or another.
    What defines how far free speech goes is enshrined in the german constitution, is it not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    Since when were there ever good kind of Nazis
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Yeah you can stop now. History proves whats right and whats wrong, and massive cultural shifts and stagnation have always led to the downfall of cultures. You're building your own coffin and loving it.
    History doesn't prove what is right and wrong, it shows which opinion or faction won.

How am I building my own coffin?