Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

'Facebook blasphemer' given death penalty

A man accused of posting blasphemous content to Facebook has been sentenced to death by a court in Pakistan.
    Taimoor Raza was convicted after allegedly posting remarks about the Prophet Muhammad, his wives and companions within the site's comments.
    The public prosecutor involved said he believed it was the first time the death penalty had been awarded in a case related to social media.
    Human rights campaigners have expressed concern.
    Facebook itself has yet to comment on the case.
    The US firm previously announced in March that it was deploying a team to Pakistan to address the government's concerns about blasphemous content on its service, but added that it still wished to protect "the privacy and rights" of its members.
    Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has described blasphemy as being an "unpardonable offence".

Raza's case was heard by an anti-terrorism court in Bahawalpur - about 309 miles (498km) from the capital Islamabad.
    His defence lawyer said the 30-year-old had become involved in an argument about Islam on the social network with someone who had turned out to be a counter-terrorism official.
    The public prosecutor said the accused had been arrested after playing hate speech and blasphemous material from his phone at a bus stop, following which his handset had been confiscated and analysed.
    Raza will be able to appeal against the death penalty at Lahore High Court and then, if required, in Pakistan's Supreme Court.
    The Express Tribune, a local newspaper, reported that the verdict came days after a college professor was refused bail in another case involving accusations of blasphemy on social media in Pakistan.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40246754

Further proof that religion has 0 place in government. Call your republican senators, congressmen , governors and mayors and tell them to tell the religious whackjobs currently hijacking the party to fuck off.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

I've never been to Pakistan but if I were to go I'd know enough not to break any religious laws. "Oh you know what they say, avoid discussing religion and politics, hehe."

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Shocking news from pakistan. /s

These folks from this culture are who the left wants to import into western countries by the million.

Wont that be fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Further proof that religion has 0 place in government. Call your republican senators, congressmen , governors and mayors and tell them to tell the religious whackjobs currently hijacking the party to fuck off.
    only whackjob here is the one that thinks that a US mayor is elected to represent Pakistan.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    These folks from this culture are who the left wants to import into western countries by the million.
    What a disingenuous misrepresentation

No one "wants to import" people from other countries. What they want to do is to help people who are in need. It's not like we have to go looking for refugees, they are a problem that already exists.

But yeah, I guess it's much easier to just sit in your own priveleged circumstance and tell those in need to fuck off because your comforts are more important their dire need. You should be grateful that you were born into such a cosetted life (something that you did absolutely nothing to achieve) rather than being contemptful of those who just got dealt a shit hand.

Religion of "piece".... Piece here, piece there....

It's in their blood, their culture.
    Sadly, you can see numerous clips on liveleak where people get lynched to death, girls killed by smashing their heads with 30kg rocks... and all that done by mobs of 30, 40, 50+ people.... That's their way of thinking.
    Same would happen to your WoW char if you said something bad about Sargeras infront of pack of demons...

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-06-12 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pakistan, US ally, do not question them! No travel ban for Pakistan! Proof they are good!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Religion of "piece".... Piece here, piece there....
    To be fair, the rationale is there. No society achieves peace by sitting back and letting everyone do as they please. Laws exist to ensure that peace prevails and laws can only be effective if they enforced. Like it or not, blasphemy is a somewhat provocative act. It riles people up, which leads to altercations (the opposite of peace).

Not that I am saying that I necessarily agree with awarding the death penalty for blasphemy, simply that doing so is not inconsistent with trying to achieve peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    only whackjob here is the one that thinks that a US mayor is elected to represent Pakistan.
    Correlation is a thing. Religious nuts in pakistan killing people for being anti-religion. Religious nuts in America pushing anti-gay and anti-abortion laws. While not as bad as sentencing people to death, it's still pretty bad. I can't stop Pakistan from living in the dark ages. I can however help make my chosen political party better by removing the douches that are off the message I prefer we convey.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    To be fair, the rationale is there. No society achieves peace by sitting back and letting everyone do as they please. Laws exist to ensure that peace prevails and laws can only be effective if they enforced. Like it or not, blasphemy is a somewhat provocative act. It riles people up, which leads to altercations (the opposite of peace).

Not that I am saying that I necessarily agree with awarding the death penalty for blasphemy, simply that doing so is not inconsistent with trying to achieve peace.
    That is one of the biggest loads of shit I have ever read.

Also, this is their culture. You know, the one we are told to be tolerant of all the time. Executing people for saying something bad about some guy that is either imaginary or centuries long since dead.

No one "wants to import" people from other countries. What they want to do is to help people who are in need. It's not like we have to go looking for refugees, they are a problem that already exists.

But yeah, I guess it's much easier to just sit in your own priveleged circumstance and tell those in need to fuck off because your comforts are more important their dire need. You should be grateful that you were born into such a cosetted life (something that you did absolutely nothing to achieve) rather than being contemptful of those who just got dealt a shit hand.
    Sorry, i care more about my own countryman than some random pakistani who believes in stoning blasphemers to death.

The rest of your post isnt worth discussing and is hilarious

Well, this is just an abominable, religiously motivated case of people being persecuted for saying or writing the wrong thing.

It stems from the same impulse to censor that naturally occurs everywhere, such as banning on internet forums (which is why I have proudly and strongly defended the speech right of people I totally disagree with to say what they believe many times.) But taken to the most intolerant extreme.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2017-06-12 at 01:52 PM.

Wont that be fun?
    No, we want to help people fleeing from shit like this. The idea that a bunch of Muslim refugees will lead a successful push to convert the US to sharia law is perhaps the stupidest argument against refugee acceptance.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Wont that be fun?
    Kinda like those who already live in your country by the millions and start militia. You know. One nation under god. That kind of religious retards. Those that flock to the megachurches by the thousands. That have biblequizzes. That get pregnant at 12 because contraception is the devils work. That kill random people because they are gay or atheist. That...
    Wait, it was only "the paki's" that were the problem right? It was not the far right conservative christian retards right?

Don't make me laugh.

Last edited by Crissi; 2017-06-12 at 02:11 PM.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account

Oh wow cowboy. Stop there for a second, I believe you mis-clicked your MMO-Champion bookmark while attempting to visit Tumblr. Don't worry, happens every once in a while.

OT: Such a sad state of affairs. It's truly saddening to see a countries roots so deeply intermingled with Islamic extremism in this day and age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Classic Pakistan!

Call me back when these mafia oil baron run countries have a fair and just law system for all people. And no, this has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with the interpretation of written word and the choice to believe what is written.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    Kinda like those who already live in your country by the millions and start militia. You know. One nation under god. That kind of religious retards. Those that flock to the megachurches by the thousands. That have biblequizzes. That get pregnant at 12 because contraception is the devils work. That kill random people because they are gay or atheist. That...
    Wait, it was only "the paki's" that were the problem right? It was not the far right conservative christian retards right?

Don't make me laugh.
    This legit made me giggle though.

Christians are definitely a problem in the modern society. Mostly because of their unique ability to cherry pick their beliefs down to a specific yet oddly narrow belief system (IE: Catholic, Nazerene, Baptist, jehovah's witness) and thus think the same is applicable to all forms of systems including something as rigorous and disciplined as Science.

At this point I imagine Scientific thought is going to have to evolve into a religion in order to keep the masses entertained, otherwise the people will seemingly adhere to old faiths and beliefs for the sake of traditional self rationalization.

Last edited by Crissi; 2017-06-12 at 02:12 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Good old pakistan.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post

Don't make me laugh.
    Reported for religious bashing. If you said 1/5 of this about Islam, big reds head would explode with infractions. We're about to find out how much of a hypocrite he really is.

Edit - I stand corrected.
    Last edited by Kapadons; 2017-06-12 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    Pakistan became pretty Talibanised. The country is a disaster. This kind of thing really comes from the boy-raping, women-hating, war-loving Pashtun. They were sort of the hillbillies. Its kind of like America, the hillbillies have some how ended up center stage with thier grimness and in sort of the same way. Some bloke realises that you can drum up support from religious nut jobs by talking about god alot. You throw in a couple of Allah Ackbars like you throw in a couple of Jesus loves the USA and byjove you have a fan base of fanatics.

The leaders there don't really believe this stuff they believe in money (and torture). But you have to keep the jihadi elements appeased or bombs start going off (i mean serious ones that kill people who are considered worth something, not ones that blow up women trying to get an education or something). So some Shia guy like this is just on the bad end of a raw deal, killing him doesn't ruffle any feathers and the war crazy pashtun love it. Sorry lad, you country is shit.