Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Let's all be honest here, if they were truly trying to get rid of all hate speech, and speech that incites violence, religious texts would be outlawed.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Because what you consider hate is actually love. And what you consider love is actually hate.

All you need to do is look at this very article, where hate is approved of. I don't really have words to describe the outrageousness of the political with hunt represented. I do have words for the people who encourage the situation with further violence and chaos, though. And that is what you call hate speech.

You will disagree, but be real. It is you who's asking and support homogeneous acknowledgment of political spectrums.
    Generally when you try enlighten someone, you're supposed to leave them with information that has substance.

You have no idea about my political stance other than that I'm perfectly okay with extreme hate speakers being punished.

This is the equivalent of tumblr trash trying to "oh sweetie" someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    History doesn't prove what is right and wrong, it shows which opinion or faction won.

How am I building my own coffin?
    By supporting the erosion of western culture. That being said I think I could change my stance of Germany's sovereignty, its a human instinct to seek out others like yourself so it makes sense for Germany to embrace draconian oppressive ideologies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    By supporting the erosion of western culture. That being said I think I could change my stance of Germany's sovereignty, its a human instinct to seek out others like yourself so it makes sense for Germany to embrace draconian oppressive ideologies.
    How am I supporting erosion of western culture? Even if I did support erosion of western culture, how am I building my own coffin?

Just so you know, I think immigrants should adapt to the society they're moving to and if they can't, they should not move there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    the threats and coercion part im not worried about its that "incitement to racism" bit that's so vague that it can be used as a tool to go after anyone who disagrees with you.
    Incitement to racism in Germany is quite stereotypical. It's not people simply disagreeing with you. It's neo-nazis spouting their usual anti-muslim and anti-jew shit, which is a criminal offence in Germany. I've seen way too many people on Facebook and Twitter with their skinhead profile pictures writing shit like "it's national treason if you don't stab a Jew/Muslim whenever you see one". It's ridiculous and obviously it should be prosecuted.

On the other hand, things along the lines of "I don't like Islam because I fear terrorism" isn't going to do much harm to you. Please bear in mind that we're talking about 36 single cases out of million racist posts probably.

Are people actually upset that a country takes "threats, coercion and incitement to racism" seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Hitler was democratically elected. You'd think with 20/20 hindsight you would avoid that sort of outcome but I guess its could just be cultural.
    Hitler used several loopholes and still had to incarcerate opposition members to assume control. And I doubt no one learned from this occasion.

the government its what the largest group elects. without a constitutional (or similar legal protection) protection to free speech this kinda law can easily become a toll of the majority to suppress the speech of the minority but just labeling it hateful in one way or another.
    If that majority would not object to its representatives limiting the free speech of a minority in a petty way, you'd have way larger issues than just limitations of free speech. See what happened when not enough people objected to the Nazis.
    Gladly, that's not the case in modern western societies. See the protests against the travel ban and other policies of the Trump administration.

Either way, your rights do not allow you to infringe another person's rights. Hate speech is showing the intent to inflict harm on another person, so penalizing it is not a violation of your rights, but the protection of another's rights.
    Note that this is not about merely saying "I hate XY", but rather "I hate XY so much I'd like to visit them at night and do unspeakable things to them, or I hope someone else does that".

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Since when were there ever good kind of Nazis
    Look up the QI episodes on "Jazz Nazis"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Since when were there ever good kind of Nazis
    Why of course the ones that agreed with their opinion.

why do something about real criminals and terrorist when you can bust people saying mean things on facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by chewie49 View Post
    why do something about real criminals and terrorist when you can bust people saying mean things on facebook?
    Those people are real criminals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why on earth would you want the government to have the authority to decide if your words are "hateful" enough to send you to jail?
    I don't expect you to understand it, this has been a matter of internet discontent well before social media existed or were even a thing. The thing is that the government itself does not have the authority to decide what is hateful or not, they only can roughly outline what would constitute as hatred, incitement and sedition, the same way they can outline what is a crime and what not and what kind of resisting the authorities is accepted and what not. In the end it's the matter of courts which actually do refine these decisions with respect to the constitution. Incitement to hatred for instance is usually not treated as an act of free speech but rather as something that precedes violence, discrimination and harassment. There's been a lot of cases where no prosecution happened people will eventually start acting upon it. It is rather clearly defined as something that has implementation value. It doesn't even focus solely on rightwing groups, it does affect radical leftwing or religious groups as well. It's simply not tolerated and it really doesn't merit protection of any kind.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Well this is the same country which doesn't let you stick your hand above you at a 45 degree angle.
    At the rate things are going there, don't be surprised to see something similar make a return.. Since from the looks of things what is happening there is getting pretty close to how it was back before and during WW2..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Why of course the ones that agreed with their opinion.
    The fact that he alluded to the actual Nazis as the "good kind" speaks volumes about his and the whole rubbish "red-pilled" crowd's actual viewpoints. Can't say I'm surprised judging by his post history ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Making threats, hate speech and forcing people to do stuff against their will has been illegal in Germany for quite a while. Same as in most countries, you know.
    Don't be daft. Saying "we have too many refugees" is literally a criminal act in Germany. I'm not sure how one expects to run a free democracy when dissent is criminalized.

Hate speech laws are a clever way to have political prisoners without calling them political prisoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebachina View Post
    PC happened and now they have gestapo state.
    I'm pretty sure it was WWII that happened that drove them to this state where they are incredibly afraid of having that ideology resurface. I'm against this type of policing, btw, but let's be honest about what's driving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    Don't be daft. Saying "we have too many refugees" is literally a criminal act in Germany. I'm not sure how one expects to run a free democracy when dissent is criminalized.

Hate speech laws are a clever way to have political prisoners without calling them political prisoners.
    I doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post

No, it is most definitely not and dissent is not illegal either.
    You are embarrassing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ksoveras View Post
    I suppose that German police dealt with Kurdish and Lebanese crime clans that were dominating organised crime there since they have resources to raid homes of their citizens over social media shitposting, right ?
    Kind of tells you something when people who support this also oppose throwing out any non-violent illegal immigrants because it would tie up resources.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    At the rate things are going there, don't be surprised to see something similar make a return.. Since from the looks of things what is happening there is getting pretty close to how it was back before and during WW2..
    And who the fuck's fault is that? How did you expect them to respond to unchecked immigration that has led to literal rape gangs? How did you expect them to respond to being shamed for thinking that's bad?