Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I find it fairly odd that people use other classes that are struggling as evidence that affli should be nerfed rather then having those struggling speccs getting some love instead.
    Its far to early to proclaim affli to be overpowered since its till the first week and speccs that usually get punsihed by movement havent fully gotten the hang of each fight. As soon as those unmobile speccs get the hang of things there dps will go up as a result. The only fights Affli currently dominate is multi target fights with fairly long living adds. Fights where multi dot classes should have an edge over more ST oriented speccs like Destro currently is.

Another 5-10% nerf would make afflis single target go from being decent and slightly behind destro and demo overall to being utter shit and to be honest with you all i dont want affli to look like Shadow priests currently is. Its bullshit that SP's have gone this long without proper single target in the first place and trying to do this to affli now out of some strange jealousy is only petty.

Deleted
    Affliction is top dps in both m+ and tos and was/is top in NH too.. Realistically the "best" dps of the game is affliction right now..

Im not saying that it should get gutted but it should definetely get nerfed to a point...

Quote Originally Posted by Saitama View Post
    Affliction is top dps in both m+ and tos and was/is top in NH too.. Realistically the "best" dps of the game is affliction right now..

Im not saying that it should get gutted but it should definetely get nerfed to a point...
    please fuck off, what does NH have to do with anything right now, what does m+ have to do with ToS, please read the thread before posting, affliction is not the best dps spec in ToS

Think I'll wait til more players have 4 set + BiS relics, trinks before judging anything.

But, atm they look like one of the best specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleriol View Post
    I find it fairly odd that people use other classes that are struggling as evidence that affli should be nerfed rather then having those struggling speccs getting some love instead.
    Its far to early to proclaim affli to be overpowered since its till the first week and speccs that usually get punsihed by movement havent fully gotten the hang of each fight. As soon as those unmobile speccs get the hang of things there dps will go up as a result. The only fights Affli currently dominate is multi target fights with fairly long living adds. Fights where multi dot classes should have an edge over more ST oriented speccs like Destro currently is.

Another 5-10% nerf would make afflis single target go from being decent and slightly behind destro and demo overall to being utter shit and to be honest with you all i dont want affli to look like Shadow priests currently is. Its bullshit that SP's have gone this long without proper single target in the first place and trying to do this to affli now out of some strange jealousy is only petty.

so your idea is to buff all the specs that aff is ahead of (which is quite a lot) which ultimately would result in a major power creep that would very likely mess with raid balance (because everyone would be doing a shitload more damage) rather than tuning the outlier spec? you understand why that's not only a more difficult task (buffing ~10 specs as opposed to nerfing 1) but a worse end result.. right? it would serve a lot of people well to stop taking suggestions of nerfs so personally - it's not an attack on you. you should be completely fight with acknowledging that your spec could potentially be too far ahead of the curve especially under the context of if everyone did that much damage it would effect the intended difficulty of the content.

the fixation a lot of aff locks have with blaming it on jealously makes no sense. if people wanted to play aff, they'd fotm reroll like most of the people making that argument. being an aff player isn't an exclusive club - 70% of Warlocks bandwagoned onto it in NH, the same could happen in ToS. there's nothing to be jealous of, anyway, because most players compare themselves to other players in their spec.. not the top spec in the game (unless they play it).

it's just discussion on class balance which is going to be centered around aff when they appear to be the outlier spec extending all the way from 7.2NH to now

afflictions "niche" is far too versatile to not have a lower low end. to be as strong as it is on multi target fights (which, by the way, is kind of a bullshit justification because lots of specs are supposed to be good at multi target fights yet none of them excel to the extent that aff does nor do they do as well on fights that don't suit their niche) without having any real weaknesses isn't fair to most specs that rely on those niche encounters for relevance. i mean, destro's very clear highlighted niche is 2T and Aff is beating destro on the most "2T" fight in the encounter (granted pre tier destros ST is quite strong, we still dont have the big advantage aff gains with the presence of an additional target). ele and boomkin have clear niches but fall off super hard, yet aff is right up there with them and doesn't fall off. why is that? and why is it that some people think that's fair? it was the same in NH. affliction's "strengths" happen to spread into other specs intended strengths and surpass them, all while not having much of a low end. y'all had a great run in 7.2, don't you think it's time to just be like "okay guys, yeah, we're too strong. we know" rather than argue against it for a second tier in a row? lol
    Last edited by Jondar; 2017-06-24 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    so your idea is to buff all the specs that aff is ahead of (which is quite a lot)
    according to logs there is very few specs in single target fights that are far behind affliction
    what is this (a lot)

the fixation a lot of aff locks have with blaming it on jealously makes no sense. if people wanted to play aff, they'd fotm reroll like most of the people making that argument. being an aff player isn't an exclusive club - 70% of Warlocks bandwagoned onto it in NH, the same could happen in ToS. there's nothing to be jealous of, anyway, because most players compare themselves to other players in their spec.. not the top spec in the game (unless they play it).
    t. Destro lock
    And yet, its always the same people playing the same spec that complain about affliction

afflictions "niche" is far too versatile to not have a lower low end. to be as strong as it is on multi target fights (which, by the way, is kind of a bullshit justification because lots of specs are supposed to be good at multi target fights yet none of them excel to the extent that aff does nor do they do as well on fights that don't suit their niche) without having any real weaknesses isn't fair to most specs that rely on those niche encounters for relevance. i mean, destro's very clear highlighted niche is 2T and Aff is beating destro on the most "2T" fight in the encounter (granted pre tier destros ST is quite strong, we still dont have the big advantage aff gains with the presence of an additional target). ele and boomkin have clear niches but fall off super hard, yet aff is right up there with them and doesn't fall off. why is that? and why is it that some people think that's fair? it was the same in NH. affliction's "strengths" happen to spread into other specs intended strengths and surpass them, all while not having much of a low end. y'all had a great run in 7.2, don't you think it's time to just be like "okay guys, yeah, we're too strong. we know" rather than argue against it for a second tier in a row? lol
    Boomkins and ele says hi, they are clearly superior in some fights in ToS with adds, yet I don't see anybody claiming boomkin is OP even tho they are also on the same place as affliction in single target, if anything ELE needs a buff to single, but they clearly have fights where they excel to the extend that of affliction does in MT fights.
    Last edited by satori sartori; 2017-06-24 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satori sartori View Post
    according to logs there is very few specs in single target fights that are far behind affliction

t. Destro lock
    And yet, its always the same people playing the same spec that complain about affliction

Boomkins and ele says hi, they are clearly superior in some fights in ToS with adds, yet I don't see anybody claiming boomkin is OP even tho they are also on the same place as affliction in single target, if anything ELE needs a buff to single, but they clearly have fights where they excel to the extend that of affliction does in MT fights.
    this reply is one big "i missed the point in everything i quoted" kind of post.

this reply is one big "i missed the point in everything i quoted" kind of post.
    nice argument :^)

nice argument :^)
    i mean, when you go and say "boomkin and ele say hi!!" and ignore in the post you quoted that i directly compared how their situations differ from aff's and why that highlights a problem.. do you think you deserve much else? you're quoting what i say, ignoring the points, and arguing.. well.. nothing, really. something about single target a bunch of times.. for some reason..?

i mean, when you go and say "boomkin and ele say hi!!" and ignore in the post you quoted that i directly compared how their situations differ from aff's and why that highlights a problem.. do you think you deserve much else? you're quoting what i say, ignoring the points, and arguing.. well.. nothing, really. something about single target a bunch of times.. for some reason..?
    differs how?
    because you don't play druid or shaman?
    because you are a destro lock?
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    i must have missed the part where destro isnt brainnumbing

oh well guess i play another game
    most specs have been dumped done to essentially button mashing.

I don't understand the complaining about specs. All the complaining about "this spec is stronger and I don't like it" is pretty selfish. You do realize you don't raid by yourself correct? Let's say you raid mythic. You have 2 warlocks in your raid and they are playing really strong specs (affliction). Fights will be easier, DPS checks will be met, things will just run smoothly. Then 2 other people in the raid (for arguments sake let's say feral druids) complain about how strong affliction is. They go on a rant to public forums, pushing their opinions around on mass forums. They aren't hurting anyone other than themselves because 1. Lets get that nerf, and reduce the effectiveness of the 10% of your raid comp. Now fights are rougher, DPS checks won't be met or barely will, more people will have to pick up the slack that they were used too by having those two warlocks handle before. When you complain about a well performing spec, instead of using it to help your raid, You just hurt your own raid.

I don't understand the complaining about specs. All the complaining about "this spec is stronger and I don't like it" is pretty selfish. You do realize you don't raid by yourself correct? Let's say you raid mythic. You have 2 warlocks in your raid and they are playing really strong specs (affliction). Fights will be easier, DPS checks will be met, things will just run smoothly. Then 2 other people in the raid (for arguments sake let's say feral druids) complain about how strong affliction is. They go on a rant to public forums, pushing their opinions around on mass forums. They aren't hurting anyone other than themselves because 1. Lets get that nerf, and reduce the effectiveness of the 10% of your raid comp. 2. Now fights are rougher, DPS checks won't be met or barely will, more people will have to pick up the slack that they were used too by having those two warlocks handle before. When you complain about a well performing spec, instead of using it to help your raid, You just hurt your own raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's only two fights out of 9 in TOS which aff locks are absolutely dominating right now. Inquisition and Desolate Host (thanks AC talent) and fun mechanics. Two fights where talent choices can make a huge difference. Claiming they're miles ahead of every other class is a bit short sighted and silly. They're not exactly #1 for ST and if they are in your raid, that really isn't the specs fault but more an issue with your raid. They shouldn't be beating your melees, boomkins, ele shammy for ae/cleave fights.

Granted, some specs do need a little buffage but only slightly. Overall with the exception of Mages, most classes aren't terribly lopsided as have been in previous expansions. I'd wait until at least first week of July when more people have set bonuses and gear, more melees have that trinket which buffs another wearer of the same trinket, etc before trying to proclaim one spec is ruling them all even before Mythics have even opened. Jeez.

Now if you want your spec like say, Hunters SV or some spec nobody seriously plays in a progression raid, then that's on you. Otherwise, let's see how Mythic progresses over the following couple weeks.

Deleted
    No it isn't. Destro is better on several bosses.

Now the real question: Is the OP retarded or just poorly informed, or both?

Quote Originally Posted by bion247 View Post
    I don't understand the complaining about specs. All the complaining about "this spec is stronger and I don't like it" is pretty selfish.
    Destro locks apparently hate affliction enough to have one of their very own class specs butchered, who knew we would have betrayers right in our own class.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    I have a friend who fucks up a lot, his dots sometimes completely fall off, and it takes him 3-4 seconds to realize, stop draining and reapply them and he still tops dps in a 10/10M guild. It's retarded how simple it is and how bad players can own the place if they take MG, apply their UA 2-4 times, press Soul Reap and then drain. It just skyrockets on the meters.
    Actually dots falling off is normal. The only dot you don't let fall off during a UA Drain Soul phase is Agony. Everything else is expendable unless you have a Whispers proc. But like... if corruption falls off while you have UA on the target still you just keep drain soul-ing until the UAs are gone. That's actually optimal DPS for the spec.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, it's good (very good) on a bunch of bosses, which makes it seem super good on every boss if you look at the overall statistics. But if you check the invididual bosses you'll see that it's middle of the pack on most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    To an extent every single spec in the game has a very simple rotation. I agree, destruction isn't hard to play. But somehow a spec like Havoc manages to be very simple and very fun due to it's animations and cool things it can sometimes do, provided your RNG agrees with you. There is absolutely no brain process behind Affliction though, I have a friend who fucks up a lot, his dots sometimes completely fall off, and it takes him 3-4 seconds to realize, stop draining and reapply them and he still tops dps in a 10/10M guild. It's retarded how simple it is and how bad players can own the place if they take MG, apply their UA 2-4 times, press Soul Reap and then drain. It just skyrockets on the meters.
    surely you can provide logs right, I mean you're talking about them like if you have seen them before
    I'm not saying affliction is not easy, but to truly top meters in a mythic NH you can't slack

Destro locks apparently hate affliction enough to have one of their very own class specs butchered, who knew we would have betrayers right in our own class.
    this is the stupidest narrative ever. you are an idiot and i'm about 900% sure world quests are your end game content. the only posts you've made this year are you crying about how other people see aff. you are the only one doing this weird spec vs spec war garbo. get over it.

newsflash: the murlocs you're killing are still going to be killable if your spec gets levelled out a bit. relax.
    Last edited by Jondar; 2017-06-24 at 11:44 PM.