Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by reathe View Post
    One thing i did in my video that will really help you for Krull is that when he lands, don't pick him up immediately. ( 3:30 - 3:50)

Wait for him to cast his first annihilate then taunt and hit spell reflect.
    be careful with this strat, not picking him up immediately will sometimes yield in the boss accidentally resetting.

Deleted
    Took me a total of 37 tries over 3,5 hours yesterday since mage tower was finally up during a weekend when i was actually at home (yay). Ilvl 908. Funny thing is that the thing that caused me the most problems were the knockbacks from infernals in p2. I just couldn't see them on the ground (maybe was too focused on other things). I think out of the 12 times i reached p2 8 of deaths in that phase were due to getting knocked off the platform . In the end the way i tackled it was i just kept backpedaling in a circle so i would naturally dodge all of the knockbacks without having to specifically actively dodge them.

Legendaries i was using were belt and bracers (wondering if taking hands instead of belt wouldn't be better due to higher single target dps) and using bear tartare for additional mobility. I found that going ham on Variss in the start untill he casts drain life disregarding the amount of stacks you get was the best way to do it for me. and then possibly popping a LS or orbs to survive untill the stacks run out. That first initial burst was usually around 30-35% of his hp. Throughout the whole fight i prioritized the eyes above anything else (those mofos just gotta die) and i tried to keep the little adds alive for as long as possible for reduced cd stuns on shockwave as well as spreading the VR resets over as long a period as possible. The little adds are pretty much harmless for us anyway. I was going back on Variss the moment my stacks were cleared and i topped myself off with VR. During the fight i tried to save my spell reflect for moments when i didn't have any adds up and was waiting for stacks to reset - found that to work out best for me instead of using it on cd. Depending on your dps you can go into p2 with so little as 1 infernal (happened to me on multiple occasions)

In P2 i let Korvas take the first Annihilate which let me kill him before he cast his 4th Annihilate overall. Just remember that even though Korvas will be tanking him at the start the Twisting Reflections will be cast on you so be ready with that spell reflect. Apart from that like i've said before backpedaling constantly to naturally dodge the infernal smash. While you can squeeze in extra delay on annihilate with the orbs here i found that saving them for straight after annihilate was the best way to do it for me. That's about all i have to say about the challange. I have to say i greatly enjoyed it.

This fight infuriates me to no end. I got the Fury, Arms and Havoc skins and I had fun figuring out the right counter to the right abilities. This one just throws the kitchen sink of frustrating mechanics at you: knockbacks, void zones, a tank add that you can melee for only a few seconds, RNG on where orbs spawn, and a cast that you either interrupt/SR or die. All it needs to be complete in its fuckery is a soak and a stun mechanic.

Anyway, I got Krull to 3% on my best try then had 2 seconds left on my Spell Reflect so I ate a cast of Twisted Reflexion (he was too far to pummel). I'm now running Storm Bolt to stop this from happening, since I have Prydaz and bracers so the adds in ph1 aren't much of a concern. I think most of my deaths are from Infernals, due to spending too much of my limited attention to Mind Rends in ph1 and puddles in ph2.

Have I mentioned I hate this fight?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    This fight infuriates me to no end. I got the Fury, Arms and Havoc skins and I had fun figuring out the right counter to the right abilities. This one just throws the kitchen sink of frustrating mechanics at you: knockbacks, void zones, a tank add that you can melee for only a few seconds, RNG on where orbs spawn, and a cast that you either interrupt/SR or die. All it needs to be complete in its fuckery is a soak and a stun mechanic.

Anyway, I got Krull to 3% on my best try then had 2 seconds left on my Spell Reflect so I ate a cast of Twisted Reflexion (he was too far to pummel). I'm now running Storm Bolt to stop this from happening, since I have Prydaz and bracers so the adds in ph1 aren't much of a concern. I think most of my deaths are from Infernals, due to spending too much of my limited attention to Mind Rends in ph1 and puddles in ph2.

Try Warbringer? Gives you a ton of AoE stuns from charging. Managed to get it down tonight without bracers even. Even get the benefit of stunning all the mobs around Kruul. I didn't have shit for interrupts or stuns outside of Pummel which is why I took it. Tried all 3 and Warbringer seemed to work best for me.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Try Warbringer? Gives you a ton of AoE stuns from charging. Managed to get it down tonight without bracers even. Even get the benefit of stunning all the mobs around Kruul. I didn't have shit for interrupts or stuns outside of Pummel which is why I took it. Tried all 3 and Warbringer seemed to work best for me.
    But then ph1 becomes risky. I need a way to interrupt Drain Life reliably from any range without bringing up my stack count, since I'm not a Tauren nor an Engie and don't have the HoV trinket. But there's no harm in trying I suppose!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But then ph1 becomes risky. I need a way to interrupt Drain Life reliably from any range without bringing up my stack count, since I'm not a Tauren nor an Engie and don't have the HoV trinket. But there's no harm in trying I suppose!
    I'm an orc without engineering or any stun trinkets. I just took phase 1 at a decent pace and stayed around 4 stacks. If Drain Life was casted while I was letting stacks drop off I had two options. If adds were up just outside of the decay I would charge one of them which would stun the inquisitor as well. If not, I just charged in to stun him and dealt with the 5th stack. I'm not even sure if I used an orb in Phase 1. If I did it was only because I goofed and used it to save me lol. Left me with plenty of orbs to use in phase 2 which helped a ton. Timing just kind of seemed to work out better in my favor that attempt.

For Phase 1, I waited to start combat with Prydaz at about 15 seconds left on the buff. Charging in stuns the first cast he would normally do with Warbringer. I let Prydaz eat the second just before the shield buff reset. Interrupted the next cast. Got out at 4 stacks. Spell Reflected adds just outside the decay and did what I needed there. Rest being just the usual necessities of phase 1 and rinses and repeated.

Prydaz and Demo belt were what I used along with a Fang for oh shit leech moments and Arcano for stats.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-07-10 at 05:09 AM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I'm an orc without engineering or any stun trinkets. I just took phase 1 at a decent pace and stayed around 4 stacks. If Drain Life was casted while I was letting stacks drop off I had two options. If adds were up just outside of the decay I would charge one of them which would stun the inquisitor as well. If not, I just charged in to stun him and dealt with the 5th stack. I'm not even sure if I used an orb in Phase 1. If I did it was only because I goofed and used it to save me lol. Left me with plenty of orbs to use in phase 2 which helped a ton. Timing just kind of seemed to work out better in my favor that attempt.

For Phase 1, I waited to start combat with Prydaz at about 15 seconds left on the buff. Charging in stuns the first cast he would normally do with Warbringer. I let Prydaz eat the second. Interrupted the next cast. Got out at 4 stacks. Spell Reflected adds just outside the decay and did what I needed there. Rest being just the usual necessities of phase 1 and rinses and repeated.
    You're better than me then. There were a few situations where drain life would have required me to burn an orb if not for shockwave or storm bolt.

Also, these infernals are freaking psychic. I swear I just wiped to Krull because I leaped out of a green and immediately had a smash catapult me as I landed. Most of my deaths are to these fucking things.

EDIT: And I got it. On the pull where I had no business succeeding; I got knocked back and saved by the same pillar twice, I leaped somewhere and had an orb spawn pretty much right on top of me when I was critically low on health, and my last shield smash killed Krull pretty much just as he had finished casting Twisted Reflexion and I was tunneling that last % so hard I missed it.

I have alts with tanking specs, but I swear I am never doing this again. I'll never know how my guildie managed it on his Blood DK.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2017-07-10 at 05:47 AM.

These bumps are a pain but there are a lot you can do to handle them with reduced attention. Trying to save charge/leap to use as a panic button, using orbs to calm things a bit when it becomes too hectic, I even did a couple of tries with shoulders to be extra safe.

In p2, I usually (as in, I've done it on several classes and that's my go-to strat) start the phase with maximum burst, pot, lust and consuming all p1 orbs one by one to have the biggest window possible where nothing can happen to me. Then I mostly focus on dodging shit and killing adds and only really squeeze st dps when I can stun/orb the boss or after a leap, that way I don't have to worry about too much things and I can pay more attention to infernals strikes.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: I've done it with Prydaz+crafted belt. Didn't have neither bracers nor gloves at that time. And with Prydaz alone I had stupid deaths in p1 that the belt helps avoid, even if the heal is not that powerful. Aside from that, st build (Devastator, vengeance, hr) w/ the Heroic leap talent (obv), Storm bolt (more stuns than SW, stun from outside the aoe, easier to use than warbringer) and NOT impeding victory (VR heals for more than IV, don't cost rage and is up often enough).

Also, don't overthink p2. As a warrior it should be the easy phase of the fight. Be careful with his leaps, don't let velen be killed by adds, have a nice cd rotation for annihilate and that's prety much it. He should be dead before Annihilate becomes a real danger.

So I just did the arms challenge for the first time today and completed it in a whopping 3 attempts. The difference between the tanking and dps challenges is hilarious. Obviously I outgeared the challenge this deep into the patch, but still the sheer number of things to keep track of in both phases of the prot challenge puts it miles ahead of arms in difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    These bumps are a pain but there are a lot you can do to handle them with reduced attention. Trying to save charge/leap to use as a panic button, using orbs to calm things a bit when it becomes too hectic, I even did a couple of tries with shoulders to be extra safe.

In p2, I usually (as in, I've done it on several classes and that's my go-to strat) start the phase with maximum burst, pot, lust and consuming all p1 orbs one by one to have the biggest window possible where nothing can happen to me. Then I mostly focus on dodging shit and killing adds and only really squeeze st dps when I can stun/orb the boss or after a leap, that way I don't have to worry about too much things and I can pay more attention to infernals strikes.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: I've done it with Prydaz+crafted belt. Didn't have neither bracers nor gloves at that time. And with Prydaz alone I had stupid deaths in p1 that the belt helps avoid, even if the heal is not that powerful. Aside from that, st build (Devastator, vengeance, hr) w/ the Heroic leap talent (obv), Storm bolt (more stuns than SW, stun from outside the aoe, easier to use than warbringer) and NOT impeding victory (VR heals for more than IV, don't cost rage and is up often enough).

Also, don't overthink p2. As a warrior it should be the easy phase of the fight. Be careful with his leaps, don't let velen be killed by adds, have a nice cd rotation for annihilate and that's prety much it. He should be dead before Annihilate becomes a real danger.
    My leggos were bracers and Prydaz. Prot is my OS so my selection was limited, but they served me well.

My strategy was focused around burst as well. I waited until I had most of my CDs to kill Inquisitor, and popped everything when Krull landed; Drums, potion, Avatar, Demo Shout with Booming Voice, BC, Zerker rage with T20 2set, Moonglaives (hey, it clears out any leftover adds!) and went to town. Before lust wore off I had him at about 15%, rest was more or less spent frantically moving everywhere because at this point I was mostly scared of Infernals. On that pull I bursted the Inquisitor quickly enough that I had only 1 up in ph1 which definitely helped. Never went above 5 stacks in ph1, and literally never stopped moving in ph2. Stopping means you can get gibbed by a stomp, an infernal, or slowed by a beam.

I ended up with about 800k DPS by the end of the fight. Dunno if it's on the low or high end, relatively speaking.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're better than me then. There were a few situations where drain life would have required me to burn an orb if not for shockwave or storm bolt.

Also, these infernals are freaking psychic. I swear I just wiped to Krull because I leaped out of a green and immediately had a smash catapult me as I landed. Most of my deaths are to these fucking things.

EDIT: And I got it. On the pull where I had no business succeeding; I got knocked back and saved by the same pillar twice, I leaped somewhere and had an orb spawn pretty much right on top of me when I was critically low on health, and my last shield smash killed Krull pretty much just as he had finished casting Twisted Reflexion and I was tunneling that last % so hard I missed it.

I have alts with tanking specs, but I swear I am never doing this again. I'll never know how my guildie managed it on his Blood DK.
    I only got in 3 pulls this time around before killing it, but had a few dozen attempts the last time it was up. Using orbs came entirely down to timing and my inability to not fuck up at times lol. There were definitely attempts where cast timings happened with interrupts and stuns on CDs and had to use orb, I just can't remember if that happened in the kill attempt.

Grats on the kill though by the way. This was definitely the hardest thing I've dealt with especially without bracers. Arms and Fury were a joke in comparison.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-07-10 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    NOT impeding victory (VR heals for more than IV, don't cost rage and is up often enough).
    This is actually a misconception. VR still procs when you're spec'd into IV, and causes IV to reset its CD, heal for 30% max health, and cost no rage. The talent obscures this, since the only thing it mentions is the CD reset, but taking IV does not nerf healing from VR procs. IV basically guarantees a minimum 15% heal for 10 rage every 30s, with a 30% heal within 20s of every kill if you need it.

Admittedly, this doesn't actually change anything for the challenge, since Safeguard and Inspiring Presence don't affect the warrior, and as you mentioned, VR should proc enough that IV's CD and base heal don't really matter.
    Last edited by YotsuMaboroshi; 2017-07-10 at 05:54 PM.