Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    i do agree with you..and uber will arrive at our doorsteps as compared to regular taxis

10+ Year Old Account
    As a city, Winnipeg has been wanting UBER to come here. We've even preemptively set up fair rules. Our Taxis are so bad here. It isn't much of an issue if you're a man. But if you're a woman. God help you. We've had so many drivers try and sexually assault people. We have had a group of volunteers offering people rides home late at night. Because women are afraid of using Taxis.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    So i was wondering, have there been simmilar issues with UBER in other countries (mostly thinking about western europe). I personaly dont use taxi services that often, a few times a year at most, but i think its a good thing, because in my city taxi services are expensive as hell and UBER seems like a good thing, especialy to someone with a bit of a tight budget like myself who is a student.
    Pretty much everywhere. They essentially skirt the bounds of legality with avoiding government regulation.

How much they are a good vs bad thing is a rather complex issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joshual View Post
    i do agree with you..and uber will arrive at our doorsteps as compared to regular taxis
    Is that a regional thing? Taxis come to my doorstep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Is that a regional thing? Taxis come to my doorstep.
    I believe so for Uber

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joshual View Post
    I believe so for Uber
    I think what Mormolyce means is that you can easily book a taxi to pick you up from your doorstep in many countries. Here in the UK every private taxi firm will pick you up from your house if you require it.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

In Sydney Australia, there has been the odd UBER Driver doing the "Touchy Feely" to some clients

Sydney Uber driver Muhammad Naveed jailed for at least six years for raping passenger

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-ube...13-gwpugc.html

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...0d15c0d9b41a26

Uber driver charged with sexual assault of passenger on Sydney's north shore

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-2...d-bail/8051072

An Uber driver has been charged with sexually assaulting a passenger during a trip home on Sydney's north shore.

The 30-year-old driver Yamur Sadiqi allegedly picked up a 26-year-old woman in West Pennant Hills at 11pm on Saturday.

During the drive, he allegedly pulled over in Carlingford and assaulted her in the passenger seat before taking her home.

Court documents state he allegedly had sexual intercourse without consent and assaulted the woman with an act of indecency.
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-08-15 at 11:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post

Court documents state he allegedly had sexual intercourse without consent . . . . . . .
    Isn't that just 'rape' ?
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career