15+ Year Old Account

Twitch/Amazon Prime loot box

https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/overwatch

Current promotion for being a member of Twitch Prime (which is included for free with Amazon Prime). 1 golden loot box with a guaranteed legendary. And then in August and October 5 more loot boxes will unlock. It also looks like they will be doing a Hearthstone and Heroes tie in as well.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I got this last night (I had Amazon Prime already; just had to attach Twitch Prime to my account, which cost nothing).

The golden lootbox isn't just a guaranteed legendary; it's a guaranteed legendary and no duplicate items. I assume, at least; I've got enough stuff unlocked that most of my lootboxes are all dupes or gold now, but the golden lootbox was 4 new items I hadn't unlocked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I got this last night (I had Amazon Prime already; just had to attach Twitch Prime to my account, which cost nothing).

The golden lootbox isn't just a guaranteed legendary; it's a guaranteed legendary and no duplicate items. I assume, at least; I've got enough stuff unlocked that most of my lootboxes are all dupes or gold now, but the golden lootbox was 4 new items I hadn't unlocked.
    Yea, same. Other people I know had the same experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    To my understanding the boxes you get in August and October can't be event boxes so if that's the case then I'll be passing on this event. Golden box doesn't even entice me since I have legendaries on every character already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    To my understanding the boxes you get in August and October can't be event boxes so if that's the case then I'll be passing on this event. Golden box doesn't even entice me since I have legendaries on every character already.
    It's not an event. Its free crap for people who have Amazon Prime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Er yeah promotion I should have said lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    I mean, I wouldn't get Prime just for this stuff. I already had it, so it's a nice bonus.

Note that you can get a free 7 day Amazon Prime trial which works with this bonus. I had a Twitch account but didn't have an Amazon Prime account. Created one free trial, cashed in loot box and canceled Prime before anything was withdrawn from my credit card (you have seven days to cancel subscription). I suppose one does need a credit card for this but it'll still be free.
    "no beards on female dwarves = ruined roleplay experience"

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

I can confirm I also got 4 items I needed, no duplicates. Also got 1 common, 1 rare, 1 epic and 1 legendary. (Not sure if that's also a part of the formula).

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I can confirm I also got 4 items I needed, no duplicates. Also got 1 common, 1 rare, 1 epic and 1 legendary. (Not sure if that's also a part of the formula).
    Nope, I got 3 common and a legendary.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Is Twitch/Amazon Prime still a pain in the ass to get in Australia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.