Vendored Level 45 Artifact gear and now unable to finish Lustrate quest

I am new to the game. I made an error when I was awarded the level 45 pre-af AF gear and I vendored it at Grand Company for seals. When i go to the quest giver he says if i misplaced the gear i need to go back to the issuing NPCs but they don't know me from Adam.

The gear is also not available from the Calamity dealer.

I am rather frustrated by this turn of events.

Looked for a way to contact a GM in-game and that was also unfruitful.

Any advice or information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I didn't even know they required you to be wearing the gear to pick up that quest.

I'll take your word for it, but it's not even one of those quests where you disguise yourself, so it seems weird.

Sorry I can't help. I don't know of anywhere to get that gear. Poetics vendor? Supposedly the Calamity guy has it, but the info on the wiki is probably out of date as of tuesday. https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/w...7s_Mortarboard

You sure you're not trying to do some other quest though right? One that does require you to dress up? Did you actidentally lose your soulstone from the gear set and trying to do it as ACN without stone equipped?
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-06-21 at 07:31 PM.

I can't help you with retrieving those pieces. I don't know if it's possible to get those back.

However, if you just need to upgrade your gear, there should be some stuff you can buy on the Marketboard. As well, continuing the Main Story Quest will give you the next sets. My suggestion would be to just move on.

Also, make a gear set with your gear (one of the icons above the character in the character info screen), and update it whenever you get a new piece. Then there's a setting on the Grand Company to not show gear in gear sets. That will help avoid this mistake in the future.

Edit: whoops, didn't see that you couldn't progress on the quest. That sounds unusual to me.
    Last edited by RohanV; 2017-06-21 at 07:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still at work so I can't check, but did you look on the Calamity Salvager?

It *should* be on the calamity salvager vendor, which can be found in Ul'dah - Steps of Thal, Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks, or Old Gridania. Under the category "Purchase Job Items (DoM).

Calamity Salvager- Purchase job specific gear- purchase level 50 gear (DoW) or (DoM)
    Last edited by Savalia; 2017-06-21 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to Calamity Salvager yesterday to get my Dragoon af1 for glamour purposes and it was there.

most unique quest reward gear can be reclaimed from a salvagr, by limsa lominsas aftcastle, the amphitheatre in gridania and by the miners guild in uldah. not just af gear but relics and quest rewards with unique models and seasonal stuff too.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing is you often need to complete a certain quest or event for it.

My guess is that you are on the one where you had to retrieve the items correct? If so drop the quest and reform it should let you get em back.

If beyond that one then try contacting a gm