Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    http://www.employmentlawhandbook.com...-laws/arizona/

Here ya go, Hope it helps.
    Labor laws are different ,slightly from state to state however there are FED level laws as well so.
    When in doubt go with the "tougher" law.

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Hey all!

I recently started a new job tutoring young children at a nationwide tutoring franchise in Arizona. I love the job (as in, I love the kids that I work with and the environment) but am not so pleased with management. In particular, during an 8-10 hour workday I do not get a single break or lunch period, which I know is against Arizona law. Is there a government department I can contact to anonymously report this to? Or what other types of steps could I take?

I probably wouldn't put up much of a fuss, as the pay is good, but I have epilepsy and not being able to eat for 8-10 hours has been giving me auras and small seizures. Please help :3
    Did you make them aware of your medical conditions before being hired? IF not it does make it a bit harder to cite the medical side of it. I really hope you did as that is stuff they really need to know when you are getting a job that has you responsible for children.

I don't know about the legality in that area but you may be screwed from that standpoint.

In the meantime, keep drinking that water, pack some snacks like granola bars and stuff. A few quick calories can really help sometimes. Keep a kit of light otc medications you might need (advil, tums, etc). Try to resist drinking heavy caffeine drinks because you have to keep drinking them and you get diminishing returns. In my experience after like 12 hours or so it just gets kinda weird, in addition to the dehydration and other health issues. Make sure you're keeping up on whatever medication you may have, and it may be worthwhile to talk to your doctor about the situation and see if he has any physiological suggestions. I've worked with some guys with epilepsy who had some problems with heat, pressure, and long shifts. If you're at risk of seizure you need to make sure that somebody else there is aware of that and knows what to look out for in terms of warning signs (things like glossy eyes, dissociation, unresponsiveness, confusion).

source: lots of 12-18 hour kitchen shifts

Rules and laws in america never ceases to surprise me.

Swedish law dictates our right to breaks during work.

So, Sweden > america

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Suck it up butter cup. I've had to work 13 hour shifts with no break.
    Congratulations on being an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Move to California

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    #capitalism

Imho, the thought of working a job where I can't choose my own break times (as long as I do all that I'm supposed to) as well as when the 8 hours are actually gonna be revolts me.

Let alone the thought of no brakes. Like, what the actual fuck.

An update: I didn't really bother asking about breaks, as Arizona law mandates no such thing. I've been trying to prepare quick, easy, and nutritious meals to bring to shovel down when I get a second here or there. But yeah, might start looking around to see if there are other jobs in the field that are less terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Move to California
    Perhaps after finishing college. One more year!