Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reasoning behind the entire conflict of the middle east and the real interests behind those that are making it happen is quite complex and mods would go on a banning rampage for wrongthink
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Which is why they are not involved in anything beyond their border...
    Yea Saudi intervention in Syria led to Iranian and Russian intervention, great job controlling thier influence. Especially after you handed Baghdad to them. Iran keep capitalising on American mistakes. Its that simple. You've lost Syria, lost Iraq and are losing Afganistan because of your failed strategy, your answer is more of the same. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    Why do you make this claim? My country should protect me, and i think you were making this argument. But if it is not acting morally, then why would i trust it to protect me?
    He isn't isn't talking about the interests of the general population of your country, he's talking about the interests of (((the people who own your country)))
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Yea Saudi intervention in Syria led to Iranian and Russian intervention, great job controlling thier influence. Especially after you handed Baghdad to them. Iran keep capitalising on American mistakes. Its that simple. You've lost Syria, lost Iraq and are losing Afganistan because of your failed strategy, your answer is more of the same. Good luck.
    Your understanding of the Middle East is far more limited than what you attribute to the US.

Deleted
    Your understanding of the Middle East is far more limited than what you attribute to the US.
    explain how.

10+ Year Old Account
    explain how.
    Thats asking me to explain how the Middle East came to be. I dont like typing that much and people would complain about a wall of text 10 pages long. Instead, I recommend taking a Middle Eastern History class, it will be eye opening for you I am sure.

Deleted
    Thats asking me to explain how the Middle East came to be. I dont like typing that much and people would complain about a wall of text 10 pages long. Instead, I recommend taking a Middle Eastern History class, it will be eye opening for you I am sure.
    Its nice of you to condescend and add nothing again. Classic pretending to be the gatekeeper of knowledge but offering sweet fuck all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its nice of you to condescend and add nothing again. Classic pretending to be the gatekeeper of knowledge but offering sweet fuck all.
    Not my fault you do not want to take my advice. I am not going to give free history lessons, I hate writing that much out.

Deleted
    Not my fault you do not want to take my advice. I am not going to give free history lessons, I hate writing that much out.
    Its not hard, here is some for you :

The Ameicans learn nothing from thier previous dealings in these countries and make the mistakes again and again. I sometimes wonder if they don't teach history in America.

Lets start with Syria and Miles Copeland.

Maybe you should buy his book. Copeland was hired to work out how America should stop the threat of communism in the middle east now the the old European guard had gone. He decided to start with Syria.

In 1947, the Americans decided to give the powers that be a 'nudge here or there'. This involved telling police chiefs, landowners, bosses not to intimidate the electorate. American oil firms put up ads 'vote for the candidate of your choice'. They hired taxis to take voters to poll booths free of charge and brought tamper proof voting machines.

Naturally the Americans were clueless, and completely ignored the fine context of Syrian society. The bosses intimidated, the taxi drivers sold themselves to candidates offering to 'make thier passengers vote the right way'. There were gun fights, people were killed in scores. The voting machines didn't work or were interfered with. And the pro American candidates turned away from America, mainly because America wouldn't give them money. So all it took was a bribe from the Russians, British and French and the Americans plan went to shit.

The Americans were upset. So decided to go further. A coup d'etat. They buddied up with General Za'im. Advised him how to carry out a coup, and laid the groundwork.

Za'im promised the Americans that he would throw the corrupt in jail, reform, recognise Israel and bring democracy. And as the American group with Copeland plotted this coup one man objected, Deane Hinton he said :

"I want to go on record as saying that this is the stupidest, most irresponsible action a diplomatic mission like ours could get itself involved in, and that we've started a series of these things that will never end."

He was kicked out of the group. Then the coup happened. Za'im went back on all his promises and became a violent tyrant. It was so bad a few months later his subordinates surrounded his house and shot him to pieces. This was a violent coup, but this time with no promises to America.

The country faced a series of violent miltary coups there after. They tore Syria apart. All on the back of America intervention. When it finally stabilised Syrians were now terrified of America, and turned to the Soviet Union. America had delivered Syria to its enemy.

Now if you don't see any parellels or lessons, you are blind. Want me to keep going with the story?

We can go to Operation Wappen, The Baath party, Hafez al-Assad.

Once again in Syria poorly thought out American intervention pushes Syria to its enemies. Its almost funny if thousands of people didn't have to suffer on the back of the chaos unleashed.

Now tell me your version of history?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not hard, here is some for you :

The Ameicans learn nothing from thier previous dealings in these countries and make the mistakes again and again. I sometimes wonder if they don't teach history in America.

Lets start with Syria and Miles Copeland.

Maybe you should buy his book. Copeland was hired to work out how America should stop the threat of communism in the middle east now the the old European guard had gone. He decided to start with Syria.

In 1947, the Americans decided to give the powers that be a 'nudge here or there'. This involved telling police chiefs, landowners, bosses not to intimidate the electorate. American oil firms put up ads 'vote for the candidate of your choice'. They hired taxis to take voters to poll booths free of charge and brought tamper proof voting machines.

Naturally the Americans were clueless, and completely ignored the fine context of Syrian society. The bosses intimidated, the taxi drivers sold themselves to candidates offering to 'make thier passengers vote the right way'. There were gun fights, people were killed in scores. The voting machines didn't work or were interfered with. And the pro American candidates turned away from America, mainly because America wouldn't give them money. So all it took was a bribe from the Russians, British and French and the Americans plan went to shit.

The Americans were upset. So decided to go further. A coup d'etat. They buddied up with General Za'im. Advised him how to carry out a coup, and laid the groundwork.

Za'im promised the Americans that he would throw the corrupt in jail, reform, recognise Israel and bring democracy. And as the American group with Copeland plotted this coup one man objected, Deane Hinton he said :

"I want to go on record as saying that this is the stupidest, most irresponsible action a diplomatic mission like ours could get itself involved in, and that we've started a series of these things that will never end."

He was kicked out of the group. Then the coup happened. Za'im went back on all his promises and became a violent tyrant. It was so bad a few months later his subordinates surrounded his house and shot him to pieces. This was a violent coup, but this time with no promises to America.

The country faced a series of violent miltary coups there after. They tore Syria apart. All on the back of America intervention. When it finally stabilised Syrians were now terrified of America, and turned to the Soviet Union. America had delivered Syria to its enemy.

Now if you don't see any parellels or lessons, you are blind. Want me to keep going with the story?

We can go to Operation Wappen, The Baath party, Hafez al-Assad.

Once again in Syria poorly thought out American intervention pushes Syria to its enemies. Its almost funny if thousands of people didn't have to suffer on the back of the chaos unleashed.

Now tell me your version of history?
    We were talking Iran, not Syria, but thats ok, I understand your inability to understand what I had said in the beginning. By all means continue on with you "its all America's fault" rant and ignore the more complex nature of the region.

Deleted
    We were talking Iran, not Syria, but thats ok, I understand your inability to understand what I had said in the beginning. By all means continue on with you "its all America's fault" rant and ignore the more complex nature of the region.
    In a thread about Syria, talking about how 'Iran is the bad guy' and how poor American policy has pushed Syria to Iran. Yes thats what we are talking about.

Again you just condesend and offer nothing. Wanna talk about the coups by America in Iran that let to Ayatollah Khomeini?

You keep talking about 'middle eastern history' but seem to think everything happened yesterday then say its complex and i can't be bothered to talk about it.

You are boring. inb4 your next informative one liner.
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2017-06-23 at 05:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a thread about Syria, talking about how 'Iran is the bad guy' and how poor American policy has pushed Syria to Iran. Yes thats what we are talking about.

Again you just condesend and offer nothing. Wanna talk about the coups by America in Iran that let to Ayatollah Khomeini?

You keep talking about 'middle eastern history' but seem to think everything happened yesterday then say its complex and i can't be bothered to talk about it.

You are boring. inb4 your next informative one liner.
    Iran is the threat (along with the simmering implosion of SA), and has been for far longer than the war in Syria, based on ideological differences with others in the region. You like to whine about American interference but ignore French and British interference, religious infighting, ethnic divisions, artificial state boundaries, etc ad nauseum.

Iran is the threat (along with the simmering implosion of SA), and has been for far longer than the war in Syria, based on ideological differences with others in the region. You like to whine about American interference but ignore French and British interference, religious infighting, ethnic divisions, artificial state boundaries, etc ad nauseum.
    You really have no clue. No clue at all.
    Maybe take some history lessons or read a book or two on the subject.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

https://www.dailysabah.com/politics/...ypg-terrorists

Iran's ambassador to Ankara, Mohammad Ebrahim Taherian Fard, said on Wednesday that Tehran considers the PKK's Syrian affiliate Democratic Union Party (PYD) and its People's Protection Units (YPG) militia to be terrorist groups, stressing that cooperation between Tehran and Ankara is needed to tackle terrorism.

Responding to questions from journalists in Ankara during a fast-breaking iftar dinner event, Fard said that Tehran "describes the PKK, the PYD and the YPG to be terrorist groups."

The ambassador said that Ankara and Tehran must join hands to tackle extremism and terrorism, and that this "is a necessity rather than a choice."
    Good job playing in the hands of Iran and pushing Turkey and Iran closer.

Deleted

I'll have to check on this, but last i heard, communism stood no chance in Syria because it is an atheistic system. I know that in the '70s, there were some of these groups, but they were largely unpopular.

In addition, Syria wasn't in the hands of the Russians, at least under the Assads. The father was not an enemy of the West. If anything, the Syrians hate the American government (people, not so much) because of the coups, which led to Assad.

You have to remember, during the late 40s and 50s, Syria had a lot of promise. It was called the Japan (maybe another country) of the Middle East.
    Copeland is an interesting man : heres a brief interview with him

In the 1950's the parliment was restored, this is when they feared America (because of the coups and because of the support for Israel) So the new government turned to the soviets for economic aid and friendship instead of America.

This video sums up the feelings of Syrians during that time :

Essentially the reporter Woodrow Wyatt went to prove syrians were commies, and everyone tells him that hes wrong.

This is pre assad I'll write that up another time if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2017-06-23 at 07:02 AM.

But, wasn't that blown up by American hands?
    According to ISIS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it was in the comments of an imgur post
    Case closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Ahh, so we might never know who blew up the mosque. I trust ISIS as much as i trust American media/government (not very much).
    lol so you trust isis propaganda, everyone say isis blew it up including the Iraqi army who was 50 feet away from it when it happened and if you watch the video you can see its set of by charges. Isis have destroyed far more important stuff before like the ruins of palmyra and a shit ton of other antics.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-06-23 at 10:32 AM.

Ahh, so we might never know who blew up the mosque. I trust ISIS as much as i trust American media/government (not very much).
    Personally, I trust ISIS a fair bit less than not very much.

Fog of war sure, but I think for now "ISIS blew it up" is probably a safe bet.

Why would they blow it up? What do they get out of it?
    Doubt we'll find out for some time.