Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Let's talk about Trump (HS Streamer)

Rate Trump as a Hearthstone player. Should I be listening to his advices?

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    why this thread again....why.............
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

He's a content provider who makes Legendary every season. He's not the best but by no means the worst so.....probably.

Frequently grinds up to high legend. In terms of HS you can't really do much better than that.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Frequently grinds up to high legend. In terms of HS you can't really do much better than that.
    Considering he said that Dr Boom wasn't going to see much play and has been wrong about a number of other cards since then, I wouldn't listen to a word that windbag says. And getting to Legendary is a grind, not an example of skill, especially in a game where card draw and luck are all that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Considering he said that Dr Boom wasn't going to see much play and has been wrong about a number of other cards since then, I wouldn't listen to a word that windbag says. And getting to Legendary is a grind, not an example of skill, especially in a game where card draw and luck are all that matter.
    Oh noes a streamer made a bad prediction (which everyone else missed aswell IIRC) so we better disregard everything else they say!

thought you meant president trump for a sec...

Dunno, I usually watch Asmodeus and Kolento when it comes to advice. Though Trump doesn't strikes me as a good player.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a streamer wastes too much time stuttering and stalling. Too slow for me sorry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah... 'cause all the real expert are here on mmo-c

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leaxa View Post
    I was mentally preparing for that when I clicked the topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Leaxa View Post
    He would be to busy twittering his nonsense so he would rope constantly.

Best for arena IMO.

I prefer Savjz, Kolento and Kibler in standard solely due to them playing original decks.

Tuck Frump.

I like him as a streamer but he tends to overanalyze to much, which causes him to drag on to much while he isn't really helping his case. To him the game is all about numbers and statistics. Unlike many other streamers he's not quick to anger or get salty and doesn't over aggregative, he isn't the best speaker either. He's still one of my favorite HS streamers alongside Amaz, Kolento and Hafu.

He promised to make value town great again, but now we have pirate decks. Impeach!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I used to watch him back in Beta, was good learning since I have never played any other ccg. Stop watching him after a while, because he always overanalyze and taking way too long on obvious shit. Also there were more enjoyable streamers you could pick up a thing or two that came forth. Haven't watch much streams at all for long while now.

I don't watch streams, his YouTube videos I find pretty entertaining and informative, and his editor is great. Sure he's had some famously wrong predictions, but he's usually pretty accurate, and the way he rates cards is sensible and a lot of work is put into it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    He is a very good hearthstone player, i don't think anyone can deny that. To my knowledge, he didn't win a major tournament, or even qualified to blizzcon, but did win some minor tournament here and there.

He also is pedagogue. He has a teaching style to him that is appreciable. Watching pro player is nice, but watching pro player that will out loud explain their train of thought behind each play and deck composition is really great.

Trump is a good mix between high legend level play and informative video to better yourself as well.

I used to watch him, and I'm still subbed on Youtube, but I think he's playing worse now than he did before since he is all about value.
    I think he is great to watch if you're new to HS and need to learn the basics of value, but I prefer other streamers for... deeper knowledge.
    I watch Hafu for arena, Amaz for entertainment(I used to not like his exag. way of being, but now I like it) and StrifeCro for getting better in standard(and I like his personality - he isn't a screaming lunatic and not speaking in memes like a lot of other popular streamers).

This may be debatable but he's hit legend with unconventional decks multiple times. I'd give him a 9/10 or 10/10 if I had to rate him, and that's coming from someone who doesn't really watch him stream or watch his videos. He's just really damn good and knows the game extremely well. If you watch his videos or stream anything you'll glean from them will likely be pretty good. He's naturally extremely good at teaching from what I've heard and I know a lot of people who watched his videos to grasp the finer points of Hearthstone.

Now, if you're hoping to win tournaments and such, I do think there are better players to watch, don't get me wrong. But if you're not aspiring that high and only seek to be a Legend player, he's good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    As a streamer wastes too much time stuttering and stalling. Too slow for me sorry.
    Amen.

His Arena drafts last 20 minutes and it's usualy arguing with himself repeating same 2 words over and over again...
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson