Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Legendary Card changes

http://eu.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20852959/

Interesting stuff. All sounds pretty good to me. Thoughts?

Sounds good to me too, already got 3.5k saved up for next expansion. Although rip dust? (by that i don't mean dust is going, just that without duplicate cards it might not gather so much)

Great change. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Sounds good to me too, already got 3.5k saved up for next expansion. Although rip dust? (by that i don't mean dust is going, just that without duplicate cards it might not gather so much)
    Actually, it only prevents more than two copies being in a single pack, you will still get non-legendary duplicates.

As someone who has suffered from duplicate legendaries the last two expansions, I welcome this change.

It's actually a welcome change. Shame I stopped playing some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Actually, it only prevents more than two copies being in a single pack, you will still get non-legendary duplicates.
    Ah yea that was a bit dim of me, anyway once you had all the commons eventually you would get duplicates although it does beg the question what if you have all the legendaries?

Omg fucking finally. FINALLY. no more duplicates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post

As someone who has suffered from duplicate legendaries the last two expansions, I welcome this change.
    .........oh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Ah yea that was a bit dim of me, anyway once you had all the commons eventually you would get duplicates although it does beg the question what if you have all the legendaries?
    Did you even read the link? "you won’t get a duplicate of it until you own all the Legendary cards from that set"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    Did you even read the link? "you won’t get a duplicate of it until you own all the Legendary cards from that set"
    Only until i get the gist of it then my brain wanders off

I open so few legendaries that I don't remember ever owning duplicates of them... FeelsBadMan. Still a good change though.

Deleted
    Great changes, I always hesitate to craft legend at the beginning of an expansion.

Now I might have a chance at completing classic legendaries. Have to start saving those classic packs you get from now on. Thought I did just reset my pity timer on classic packs today, with another Cairne from brawl pack.
    Last edited by mmocc5ffaeb8d2; 2017-06-22 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really excited to announce that being excited about being excited is super important to us, I'm so excited.

- - - Updated - - -

Knowing Blizzard I'm also wondering whether they'll making some compensating change to the pack opening algorithm. Maybe they'll lower the legendary droprate.

Anyway the second change that you're guaranteed a legendary in the first 10 packs is no big deal, previous expansions have had similar perks. Old Gods gave C'Thun, Ungoro gave 3600 dust etc.

I do like the impunity to craft any legendary though. It means I don't have to finish my 150 arena runs earning packs to find out what I need to craft. I can craft 'Patches' on day one.

I got 2 awaken the makers and 2 lyras from the first bunch of packs from ungoro i bought, this is a welcome change

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I got 2 awaken the makers and 2 lyras from the first bunch of packs from ungoro i bought, this is a welcome change
    I got two of the warrior quests (after crafting one) and two more Elise (after I crafted her of course). This is a nice change indeed!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I got two of the warrior quests (after crafting one) and two more Elise (after I crafted her of course). This is a nice change indeed!
    It will not be retroactively applied and luck has no memory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    It will not be retroactively applied and luck has no memory.
    I already knew that, I was more happy about not having to worry about this nonsense next time.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

That's a really nice change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The legendary in the first 10 packs is good for both casual & paying players. When paying players buy the 50 pack bundle they will get 2 legendaries guaranteed at the very least (one from the first 10 packs & then the second legendary from the 40 pack pity timer).

However, I'm still confused about the whole 'never getting the same legendary twice until you have them all' change. Does it only mean you can't get the same card if you have the legendary in your collection, or does it mean that you can never get it until full legendary completion even if you dust a bad legendary when you first get it? I'm assuming it is the former. I don't dust my legendaries, even bad ones, so for players like me this change is good, but for those who do regularly dust bad legendaries I see this change not benefiting them at all if you still would end up getting the Tyrantus of future expacs even after dusting them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    The legendary in the first 10 packs is good for both casual & paying players. When paying players buy the 50 pack bundle they will get 2 legendaries guaranteed at the very least (one from the first 10 packs & then the second legendary from the 40 pack pity timer).
    Previous expansions have given more, this is slightly worse than giving you a legendary gratis. Basically Blizzard give you what they want, they control the tap but they don't want it to drip too fast and the fanboys lap it up.

However, I'm still confused about the whole 'never getting the same legendary twice until you have them all' change. Does it only mean you can't get the same card if you have the legendary in your collection, or does it mean that you can never get it until full legendary completion even if you dust a bad legendary when you first get it? I'm assuming it is the former. I don't dust my legendaries, even bad ones, so for players like me this change is good, but for those who do regularly dust bad legendaries I see this change not benefiting them at all if you still would end up getting the Tyrantus of future expacs even after dusting them.
    Each legendary you open is guaranteed to be one you don't already have, so the former. Yes it does encourage you to keep ALL legendaries especially if you plan to open lots of packs.

In fact the dusting strategy is the reverse of what it used to be. Before, the best thing to do was to DE trash legendaries on the fly, now the best thing is to decide when you've opened all the packs you plan to open for that set and then DE the trash.

So in the beginning even though you can craft legendaries you want with impunity, you can't DE the trash without potentially losing dust because you need to keep them for insurance.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2017-06-26 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I got like, 3 "Unite the Murlocs" from my 50 packs. so yeah... I know that feel.