Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    What are we exactly outraged about here?

Is it a "It's unfair that streamers make more than a college graduate"?

Is it, "Streamers have to put up with a lot of sexual harassment"?

Is it, "Streaming is stupid"?

Where do we point our outrage compass at with this?
    Why do you assume that it is always about being outraged. Maybe it's just for discussion?

This is a hairy can of worms subject. There's so many "what-if's" and double standards.

On the one hand you have "grrl gamers" who are making money because they're women. They don't have any real talent. They're not good at the games they're playing. They're literally only making money because of a pretty face and boobs. But on the other hand you have legitimately good players who are providing quality content. And in case anyone thinks women have an unfair advantage because of their genes, I need only point to Pewdiepie to prove that your arguments are complete bullshit.

What's going on is no different than any other market in the world. Supply and Demand. People are willing to pay to see other people play videogames. Some people are filling a niche in the market by catering to shallow people who only want to see a pretty girl play videogames. Others are making their money by being journalists or highly skilled players. Some are men, some are women. All of these are valid forms of content!

Instead of focusing on the idea that girl gamers are somehow bad, you should be focusing on the level of the content being provided. We have guys pulling scams by advertising "totally legit sites" involving minors and CS-go online gambling. Nobody was up in arms shouting "All guy gamers are just cheap scumbags!". So stop worrying about what gender a content creator is, and start looking at the quality and type of content they're creating.

And when it comes down to it, if you don't like what they're doing, don't watch it. Don't sub. Don't upvote. It's really that simple.

Good for them? Wish I was making six figures playing games with little to no overhead.

Every high paying job has shit factors. For this it is being annoyed by internet trolls. For some it is having the lives of people in their hands. It is the boss that yells. It is all kinds of things. There isn't a job in the world that doesn't have a stress/shit/annoying factor. You want fame get ready to be attacked.

These people think male and female actors don't get stalkers, trolls and assholes? It comes with putting yourself out into the world.

I have no idea why females that deliberately try to bait donation money from pathetic internet dudes using all the assets they have available, while remaining within ToS, receive sexual attention.

This must be one of those mysteries of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Why do you assume that it is always about being outraged. Maybe it's just for discussion?
    Sounds like a terrible "career choice" to me. Meanwhile others are actually in University getting an education and then going out there and earning work experience to put on their resume as well as networking.
    Probably because you are mad that she's making a lot of money and didn't go to college while you did but probably aren't bringing home the big bucks?

Deleted
    Ewwwww consoles.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Kaceytron is great. I was modding her stream last night (she just came back from a break), and her gameplay was hilarious in GTA Roleplaying. Seriously, so funny that night.
    Some of those streams are beyond hysterical. Very entertaining. And for $4.99/mo - that's a small price to pay for good entertainment.

Sex sells. Not a mystery.
    Exactly. People also forget (not you, but other people) that it's their money, they can spend it on whatever they want. Including cute people playing video games and being funny while doing so.

Deleted
    Meanwhile others are actually in University getting an education-YEA GETTING 300 000 $ IN debt than you can t get a job to pay it

I am not into twitch or watching streams. Who are the ones with the most views/followers usually?
    Can't say I know. I find watching people play games weird my info is second hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Do you make 6 figures a year in your career?
    Uhh irrelevant? Do I make as much as many drug dealers, hookers and assassins? Probably not. So what?

Shit, I would do this in a heartbeat if I wasnt so damn shy.

I remember when Iused to play halo 3 alot, I wasnt great at it but as soon as people heard my voice they would be like HOLY SHXT A GIRL and I would get flooded with friend requests.

On Another note I hate Anita Sarkeesian, made all the real female gamers look terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could do that but I doubt people will pay to see a jewish guy play video games .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    I wish I could do that but I doubt people will pay to see a jewish guy play video games .
    I mean, there are quite a few male streamers on Twitch who make a lot of money with streaming too. It's just about delivering content that people want to/enjoy see(ing).

If I was a chick I would totally take advantage of this, all you need are some tits and a passably cute face. That's it, you could make a decent length career out of it too. Then retire and go to school while already owning a house and such.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Some of those streams are beyond hysterical. Very entertaining. And for $4.99/mo - that's a small price to pay for good entertainment.
    Why pay for something that is available for free?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I mean, there are quite a few male streamers on Twitch who make a lot of money with streaming too. It's just about delivering content that people want to/enjoy see(ing).
    Oh for sure I watch some of them myself I was half joking there but I dont really have any showmanship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show cleavage, collect money. Being a girl streamer is hard.

Deleted
    It's detrimental to society. We should blame the beta men who enable it though, they're the true problem group

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Meh, it's their body. If they want to flaunt it for views and 'donations'/ad revenue then that's their prerogative.
    Not really my thing but there are plenty of other men who enjoy such things.

It's not hurting anyone and both parties are getting what they want, why do you care?

Meanwhile others are actually in University getting an education and then going out there and earning work experience to put on their resume as well as networking.
    What does that have to do with anything? I'll never understand this "someone is making money doing something they enjoy, doing something outside of the norm, better try to delegitimize them somehow"
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8