Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Is there a machine that can measure the difference in weight?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    There doesn't seem to be a debate about whether or not it's heavier, but it's very sad to see so many people with senses that are too retarded to detect the actual change in mass.
    That "placebo" is actually the start of extra sensory perceptions. It doesn't matter how he knows or not, his brain is advanced enough to collect data even his ego isn't aware of having collected.
    Shame on you for trying to destroy another potentially gifted life! You're the humanoid equivalent of overpushed vaccinations!
    Do you also feel the earth moving through the universe?

Delete some photos of heavy objects if you want your phone lighter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    You can weigh something on Google? Wow, what they can't do these days...
    Electrons have mass, and scientists have measured the approximate weight of a single electron, and you can also calculate how many electrons occupy a fully charged battery.

However, said mass is so minuscule, that the difference between that mass vs the empty battery mass is unable to be distinguished without precision instruments, which are much more sensitive than human senses.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    just stand on your basic house scale with a fully charged phone, then stand on it with a dead one.. subtract the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Due to mass-energy-equivalence and energy of charging? Does not seem so, it seems to be one part in a million millions (1e-12).
    Due to expansion causing a slight change in volume? Likely, it is one part in hundred millions (2e-8).

It seems the best relative measurements of mass has a relative error of about 1e-9.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    You can weigh something on Google? Wow, what they can't do these days...
    You were told to google it, not be an asshole and give a smart ass comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The average person will feel a freshly charged phone as being heavier in their pocket, because the average person will have NOT had the phone in their pocket at all when that phone is placed in said pocket.

Whereas - a phone on 5% is likely to have been in your pocket/hand for some time.

The age old saying, familiarity makes light of anything.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The only difference should be the mass of the energy lost as heat... sense the energy in the mass of one human is equal to a noticeable duration of the suns energy output... I don't think the mass lost to heat in a cell phone is gonna be noticeable to human senses.

edit: @Zethras except it is not even CLOSE to the mass of the electrons... after all electric current is just electrons flowing THROUGH the circuit from one side of the battery to the other. The energy lost to heat is the only bit lost.
    Last edited by lucred; 2017-06-25 at 07:42 AM.