Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    My main has 12 legendaries at this point. I've completely lost all interest in legendaries, I really can't be arsed to chase BiS anymore - especially since Blizzard keeps tuning and re-tuning them. It's the most useless loot system they've ever created.

15+ Year Old Account
    I Pretty much I done this on my rogue

first legendary drop was legs, shared between all 3 specs.

second was bracers specific for assassination.

Third was boots also specific for assassination

Changed loot spec to Sub (as i only had 1 legendary for sub, hoping for shoulders which are shared between all 3). Very quickly got bracers specific to sub.

Changed loot spec to outlaw (hoping the same, with only having 1 outlaw legendary), got the shoulders I wanted after about 3 hours played after the bracers.

Worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Its say specifcally, that you if you get Sephuz on OS and shared one on OS, then its still 1 drop on EACH spec.
    Well let's take example, you're a Rogue and you get a sephuz as outlaw and insignia of ravenhold (another shared one) as assassination, is there a point switching to sub? Not really. How many leggos you have usable for sub? 2, both of them. So if you switch to sub how much BLP you need to get a legendary? As much as 3rd legendary requires (no increased chance, it's only increased for 1st and 2nd). So now on each spec you need the same amount of BLP to get a legendary. So your best bet is to switch to spec you care the most (has best legendaries in the pool or you want to play it the most).

Your BLP doesn't count how many you dropped as which loot spec, it counts how many you own that belong to that spec (and shared ones can belong to all specs of a class, for example - warrior bracers, or to 2 out of 3 specs, for example - warrior execute ring). So for example if you loot spec arms and get bracers and execute ring, your fury spec requires as much blp as 3rd legendary to drop the next one, but your prot spec requires only as much as the 2nd legendary (however if you only care about your dps spec there might be little value in getting a prot specific legendary for example thunder clap belt, however if you tank as well it's a prot legendary you'll get faster than if you wait until your dps spec drops another shared - let's say heroic leap shoulder).

Blizzard explained it once with an example of mistweaver monk, whoever is the Blizz guy with the cinder cat icon.

Obviously there is RNG element to it, you can be super lucky and get legendary "out of line" (one of my alts got 2 of them in the same EN run even though I already had legendary before so theoretically my chance wasn't super high) or you can be super unlucky (my monk and my dk were levelled together monk has 5 legendaries dk has 3...)

But in general it counts how many you own for a spec: if less than 2, you have increased chance, if none, you have massively increased chance. 2 or more - it's all the same. There were several hotfixes to the system around 7.1.5 patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Well let's take example, you're a Rogue and you get a sephuz as outlaw and insignia of ravenhold (another shared one) as assassination, is there a point switching to sub? Not really. How many leggos you have usable for sub? 2, both of them. So if you switch to sub how much BLP you need to get a legendary? As much as 3rd legendary requires (no increased chance, it's only increased for 1st and 2nd). So now on each spec you need the same amount of BLP to get a legendary. So your best bet is to switch to spec you care the most (has best legendaries in the pool or you want to play it the most).

Your BLP doesn't count how many you dropped as which loot spec, it counts how many you own that belong to that spec (and shared ones can belong to all specs of a class, for example - warrior bracers, or to 2 out of 3 specs, for example - warrior execute ring). So for example if you loot spec arms and get bracers and execute ring, your fury spec requires as much blp as 3rd legendary to drop the next one, but your prot spec requires only as much as the 2nd legendary (however if you only care about your dps spec there might be little value in getting a prot specific legendary for example thunder clap belt, however if you tank as well it's a prot legendary you'll get faster than if you wait until your dps spec drops another shared - let's say heroic leap shoulder).

Blizzard explained it once with an example of mistweaver monk, whoever is the Blizz guy with the cinder cat icon.

Obviously there is RNG element to it, you can be super lucky and get legendary "out of line" (one of my alts got 2 of them in the same EN run even though I already had legendary before so theoretically my chance wasn't super high) or you can be super unlucky (my monk and my dk were levelled together monk has 5 legendaries dk has 3...)

But in general it counts how many you own for a spec: if less than 2, you have increased chance, if none, you have massively increased chance. 2 or more - it's all the same. There were several hotfixes to the system around 7.1.5 patch.
    Ill try again(seriously people are confusing themselfs):

1)Set your loot spec to the least fav. of yours.
    2)Pray that you get Sephuz and Prydaz and take other shared items out.
    3)If that fails, set your loot spec to your 2nd least fav.
    4)Pray the same.

The outcome is:

-2 first legendaries per spec, are FORCED and doesnt care of BLP. This is CONFIRMED.
    -You can't get the same legendary twice.

BUT;
    -It defeats the purpose, if you don't get shared legendaries.

Good thing is:
    -If you actually need Prydaz, its better to farm it on 2 other specs as chances for quicker drop is there(because its shared).
    -This might help you take out the Prydaz, if you don't need it, so your next drop might be spec specific(something that might interest you).

WHERE IS THE FLAW IN THIS?

You are basicly cutting out hundreds of hours out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zanez View Post
    I Pretty much I done this on my rogue

first legendary drop was legs, shared between all 3 specs.

second was bracers specific for assassination.

Third was boots also specific for assassination

Changed loot spec to Sub (as i only had 1 legendary for sub, hoping for shoulders which are shared between all 3). Very quickly got bracers specific to sub.

Changed loot spec to outlaw (hoping the same, with only having 1 outlaw legendary), got the shoulders I wanted after about 3 hours played after the bracers.

Worked well.
    Good to see it works, thanks.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-06-23 at 02:26 PM.

If you leveled as deeps and plan to raid as heals, continue to do emissaries and shit as deeps and you kept your loot category as "current spec" cuz you'd like deeps gear to help your deeps for getting better/quicker heals stuff... and you turn up to get a couple quick legendaries... you fuct yourself, mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

-2 first legendaries per spec, are FORCED and doesnt care of BLP. This is CONFIRMED.
    Sigh... Good luck with that. OK, so I wasted my time to pull up a thread that explained it, now I'm waiting for your confirmation where did you get your info from.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/8...n-based-on-qa/

To paste for those who don't wanna click links:

Q: "Ion mentioned that "Legendary drop chance and Bad Luck Protection" will be much more tied to SPEC instead of character. Specifically, that if you were to switch to an offspec that you had 0 legendaries for, then the system would consider you at 0 legendaries for the purposes of base drop chance and BLP.

That's awesome, but it leads to a few questions, and clarification on these would be much appreciated.

1) How does the above work in regards to Non-spec-based Legendaries (like Shard of Exodaar for mages, who works for all 3 specs. Does it account for ALL specs, or just the one that it was dropped on?"

A:
    If a Legendary can drop for your spec, it counts. An easy way to check this is to open the Adventure Guide ingame (Shift-J by default) and click the "Loot" tab without having a dungeon or raid selected. That'll show you which Legendaries are counted for your spec.

Q: "2) Very similar to the above, how do items like Prydaz/Sephuz/Kil'jaeden DPS/etc work under this system? Does it count for the spec it dropped on, or for all specs?"
    A:
    Same as above.

Q: "So basically if you have utility legendaries you are even more screwed than before because you already have that many legendaries for every spec?"

A:
    I can see where you're coming from, but I'd make the argument that if you have cross-spec Legendaries and play multiple specs, you're already at an advantage in that they're functional for your other specs. I have the Thunder Focus Tea pants and Soothing Mist shoulders on my Mistweaver; neither of them do anything at all when I play Brewmaster.

So yeah, Lore from Blizzard just said if you have 2 legendaries that appear on the loot table for your current spec, even if you dropped them as different spec, they count as if you already had 2 for that spec. You will not get the boost for "having 0 legendaries in that offspec".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Worth it for sure if you only want neutral legendaries but you run the risk of getting multiple ones you don't want. You should be able to get a legendary every week now thanks to the netherdisruptor though so no worries with all of that.
    How does netherdisruptor allow me to get a legendary every week?

1)Set your loot spec to the least fav. of yours.
    2)Pray that you get Sephuz and Prydaz and take other shared items out.
    3)If that fails, set your loot spec to your 2nd least fav.
    4)Pray the same.
    -This might help you take out the Prydaz, if you don't need it, so your next drop might be spec specific(something that might interest you).
    Let's say you're a fire mage and you really want the bracer, would you rather try your luck and fish for them as 1st or 2nd legendary that will come fast or risk offloading yourself with blink chest and norgannon from offspec before so your first potential fire legendary comes way slower? Why would you start from offspecs instead of starting from mainspec taking the chance first 2 could be what you actually want?

If your first 2 are shared you lost nothing (3rd and above have same chance anyway, it's just bad luck it's shared because you can't utilize your offspec boost anymore) if your first 2 are spec specific you gained a chance to switch to offspec and then fish for shared one from there (like the timewarp ring on mage).

In the case above of fire mage, let's say you start from frost, 2 things can happen:
    1. You get frost legendaries. You lost nothing BLP-wise. But you lost some time because time to get 2 legendaries is non 0 and you are playing a different spec, so they're stat sticks.
    2. You get shared legendaries. Now your fire spec has less boost because you start from no.3 not from no.1.

If you start from fire, 2 things can happen.
    1. You get shared ones, nothing changed from the "shared" case above, your fire is continuing from no.3.
    2. You get fire specific ones, this is your jackpot, you have 2 for fire AND a chance for 2-4 extra "faster" legendaries from offspecs, that might be shared or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faust843 View Post
    How does netherdisruptor allow me to get a legendary every week?
    Farming the portal bosses is supposedly very good for BLP.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-06-23 at 03:14 PM.

Source?

Because what I find doesnt state that.

ITS FORCED to drop you 2 leggo very early, regardless if you have Sephuz AND Prydaz(that means it doesnt eat from the pool).
    I'm finding it very difficult to understand what you're asserting and/or asking, variably throughout this thread. I'll try to explain it as simply as possible.

Imagine each specialization as having three "tiers of chance", whereby your likelihood of getting a legendary is entirely determined by how many legendary items you've already received (or not received) for said specialization -- we'll call these tiers "High Chance", "Moderate Chance" and "Low Chance". Whenever you receive a legendary item, any/all specializations that item was valuable for drops to a lower "tier of chance".

So, let's assume you're playing a freshly-capped Fury Warrior. The "tiers of chance" for all of your specializations will be as follows:

Protection: High Chance
    Fury: High Chance
    Arms: High Chance

Scenario #1

The first legendary you loot is Kazzalax, Fujieda's Fury.
    This item is exclusively for Fury Warriors, which means your "tiers of chance" will now look like this:

Protection: High Chance
    Fury: Moderate Chance
    Arms: High Chance

Scenario #2

The first legendary you loot is Sephuz's Secret.
    This item is universal for all specializations, which means your "tiers of chance" will now look like this:

Protection: Moderate Chance
    Fury: Moderate Chance
    Arms: Moderate Chance

TL;DR -- If you want to get as many legendary items out of the way as possible, you'll want to #pray for your first two legendary items to be spec-specific for every spec.