Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's pretty telling that people are rushing to the thread to defend Wilson's actions, when this wrongful death settlement is pretty much a tacit admission that he acted inappropriately.
    Na. The insurance company settled the case which happens a lot to avoid a possible larger settlement if they go to a full trial. Does not imply guilt or innocence at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fe...64e?li=BBnb7Kz

There you go boys, ghetto lottery payout revealed.

I wonder how long before they are back on welfare, ill give them 2 years max.
    So my kid can rob a store, punch a police officer to try to take his gun. Run away, then charge at the police officer and die and I can sue the city? WTF! All this is going to do is inspire more retarded law suits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post
    No, it was a stop the yearly riots that have gotten other people killed tactic which was causing anyone with a brain to never want to live in the city again. Wilson was 100% in the right. Read the damn medical reports.
    Medical reports don't determine whether an action was justified. All they showed, really, was that Brown was facing Wilson at the time he was shot.

It's pretty telling that people are rushing to the thread to defend Wilson's actions, when this wrongful death settlement is pretty much a tacit admission that he acted inappropriately.
    Settlements often happen regardless of any kind of guilt because it is often far cheaper than going through all of the legal hurdles and attorney fees. Plus in cases like this it can help keep the irrational calm.

So do you think cops should just let themselves be shot stabbed or killed?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Na. The insurance company settled the case which happens a lot to avoid a possible larger settlement if they go to a full trial. Does not imply guilt or innocence at all.
    Right. To avoid a potentially larger settlement because you think it likely you will lose the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Maybe the OP can try making a point without the blatant racism.
    I didn't read anything racist, or are you implying only black people live in a ghetto? That's rather racist to imply don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why is shooting to disable never a thing with these cops? All throughout my military career we were always trained in EOF, I can't imagine cops aren't trained this way as well, especially in today's day and age.
    Because doing so can lead to the officer's death. Same as we are taught in here in Ohio when you get a carry/conceal handgun license. You aim for center mass in order to increase your chances to stop the threat. You NEVER aim to wound a attacker.

- - - Updated - - -

Right. To avoid a potentially larger settlement because you think it likely you will lose the case.
    Meh. Maybe. I do not think that however is a foregone conclusion in all cases which end in a settlement without going to trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Exactly. Hell it's got to be a lot cheaper to pay 1.5million than it is to pay for the damages when a bunch of criminals burn what you are insuring, to the ground.

Remember, their "free" attorney gets 80% of the settlement. That means they keep 30k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    So do you think cops should just let themselves be shot stabbed or killed?
    I've never argued that.

I've argued that cops shouldn't be escalating to lethal force without positively identifying a lethal threat, which was not present at the time Wilson fired, or in many of these other cases. Assuming that someone has a gun is not "positively identifying". An unarmed person acting aggressively is not a lethal threat. Etc.

There's more to the use of force spectrum than lethal force or "let yourself be shot stabbed or killed".

Never listen to Endus. The guy just exists to stir the pot. Clearly Brown was a threat. It was NOT murder to end that threat.
    This is my signature and it is special.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you have proof that the city settled cecause it did not want to face PR backlash from black people? Since those ARE facts you stated after all.
    well the citys insurance company. but thats ok, keep pretending u have a leg to stand on.

this payouts need to be tossed out of course soon as the cops are found guilty..... fraking ridiculous.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Medical reports don't determine whether an action was justified. All they showed, really, was that Brown was facing Wilson at the time he was shot.
    More than that. It showed Brown assaulted Wilson while Wilson was in his vehicle, breaking a facial bone near his eye, then showed, both through video and forensics that Brown grabbed Wilson's gun and pulled the trigger (finger prints and powder residue). Also showed the distance he was at while charging Wilson. He actively tried to murder the cop and was more than capable of doing so. There's been plenty of cops killed (one on video if you can find it, of a cop on the ground asking to not be killed after he pulled a truck driver over), by unarmed people, or even people mortally wounded (hence why there is no excessive lethal force).

This was done due to the 1 year anniversary events of Brown's rightful death, in which police officers were fired upon, the town had additional riots, destroying it once again, and the shooter was killed and another injured.
    and then he cupped my balls...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but that couldn't be more bullshit. U shoot a guy in his knee and he's not going anywhere. It's a cowardly way of thinking and it has only brought ruin and shame upon the police force.
    You can call it whatever you want. But it is the safest action to take when confronted with a deadly encounter, which has the potential to lead to your death.

I've never argued that.

I've argued that cops shouldn't be escalating to lethal force without positively identifying a lethal threat, which was not present at the time Wilson fired, or in many of these other cases. Assuming that someone has a gun is not "positively identifying". An unarmed person acting aggressively is not a lethal threat. Etc.

There's more to the use of force spectrum than lethal force or "let yourself be shot stabbed or killed".
    I think your level of lethal threat is unreasonable. Thankfully so do our laws.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

7+ Year Old Account
    So no you don't have proof then?
    keep pretending. its so cute

Deleted
    A profoundly unjust ruling. The thug got what he deserved.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but that couldn't be more bullshit. U shoot a guy in his knee and he's not going anywhere. It's a cowardly way of thinking and it has only brought ruin and shame upon the police force.
    Is every cop supposed to be a crack shot that can hit every target? Knee is a small thing to aim for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.