Deleted

Trailer Park Boys

Do you guys know this show ?

For some reason i always thought it could feature some gen-ot people in real life.

I've never watched the films tho, are they as good as the 1st seasons ?

j-roc is definitely @Tennisace

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the films are pretty good, the second one I liked the best though.

Seasons 2-6 are the best, 7 is a slight step down and the first one is a little awkward because none of them have really gotten into character. I personally haven't watched the new seasons on Netflix though, but I've heard mixed opinions on them (ranging from around the quality of season 7, to worse than season 7).

new ones are hit and miss some are fucking hilarious then some are meh.

but 1-7 are golden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday two people at work were talking about the show and how they absolutely hate it because on top of not enjoying it in general, it adds to the idea that we are trashy hillbillies here in NS. I know some people who like it though. I'm not one of them.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Yesterday two people at work were talking about the show and how they absolutely hate it because on top of not enjoying it in general, it adds to the idea that we are trashy hillbillies here in NS. I know some people who like it though. I'm not one of them.
    I didn't know this was a NS stereotype, i know Canadians sometimes make fun of saskatchewan but that's it

I doubt people watching the show would really get the idea that all NS people are drunks stealing shopping carts for their hash driveway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    I didn't know this was a NS stereotype, i know Canadians sometimes make fun of saskatchewan but that's it

I doubt people watching the show would really get the idea that all NS people are drunks stealing shopping carts for their hash driveway
    We're one step above Newfies when it comes to being looked down on by other provinces =P "Buncha dumb fisherman", and such. Saskatchewan jokes are usually about the land, not the people. Like jokes about it being really flat and boring and being able to fall asleep and stay on the very straight roads or watch your dog run away for a week =P

And yeah you'd have to be dumb to think that it's an accurate depiction of Nova Scotians but it still isn't the most flattering =P I personally don't care that much, I just don't enjoy the show.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

It's a racist show perpetuating racist stereotypes, the fact it's allowed on TV just goes to show how far we truly have to go as a society.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

The show was subsidized by the Canadian government for a time.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    It's a racist show perpetuating racist stereotypes, the fact it's allowed on TV just goes to show how far we truly have to go as a society.
    lol wut ?

10c

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, you are all yuppies

This is coming from an Ontarian mind you, we have a gluttony for allowing our premiers to ruin our province.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    The only thing racist about it is probably J-Roc appropriating gangster culture. Everything else about it is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    No, you are all yuppies

This is coming from an Ontarian mind you, we have a gluttony for allowing our premiers to ruin our province.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing racist about it is probably J-Roc appropriating gangster culture. Everything else about it is stupid.
    Aren't yuppies rich snobby hipster types?
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't yuppies rich snobby hipster types?
    I dunno, it just sounded like a funny word to me. I have a colleague from the east coast and I call him a yuppie too (though he is from Cape Breton).

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, it just sounded like a funny word to me. I have a colleague from the east coast and I call him a yuppie too (though he is from Cape Breton).

"Eh by!"
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Know it? i know that show inside out lol. Last season was pretty damn good seeing as they last few had been a disappointing.

I loved it. Characters and everything. Somewhat wish it remained more documentary style, later seasons simply took that feel out. Still, those shit weasels are damn funny.

- - - Updated - - -

It actually took me a while to realize it took place in CA. I honestly thought it was satirical to American trailer trash for a while.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

WHAAAT new seasons?! Last I renember watching the scene we're they was robbing a bank or some as last episode.....Love this show. A bit meh at times, but often epic!!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

ahaha i used to love watching this show, havent seen it for a while but this was one of my favourite scenes.

and yeah even though it makes you think Canadians from NS are dummies its not true.

White kids do it all the time in america. Well, when it fits there agenda, like Miley Cyrus.

I've watched a bit of this show, first few seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Know it? i know that show inside out lol. Last season was pretty damn good seeing as they last few had been a disappointing.
    This.

Last season was a nice return to the good stuff that works, previous season (or even previous two) were super weak, too much emphasis on cameos and silly shit. Only exception being Talko lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.