Deleted

Aviana and the harpies

We've seen many harpies during Legion but where is Aviana? Isn't she their leader? Why is the Cenarion Circle fine with one of their holy wild gods allowing her brethren to kill their own druids and other innocents? Well I guess Blizzard has forgotten about her or they're planning something big.

Harpies have been watching us in every zone as we battle the Legion. There has to be more to it than them just being there for show. What if they are holding the key to the Shadowlands? Everyone has been wondering about why the Shadowlands is locked from the mortals. Shadow Magic has been in the game since vanilla but we've never seen the actual Shadowlands. Blizzard should fix that.

She's very heavily involved with the druids past their campaign, and is residing in Highmountain, on a perch that looks over Val'sharah. She is also involved in a questline with the falcosaur pets and mounts, where after you raise your falcosaur and gain the aid of its mother, you can approach Aviana and become her champion.

Deleted
    Her and the other wild gods are the focus of the druid campaign.
    It is her, who gives the Archdruid the new flight form (class hall mount)
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-06-28 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    We've seen many harpies during Legion but where is Aviana? Isn't she their leader? Why is the Cenarion Circle fine with one of their holy wild gods allowing her brethren to kill their own druids and other innocents? Well I guess Blizzard has forgotten about her or they're planning something big.

Harpies have been watching us in every zone as we battle the Legion. There has to be more to it than them just being there for show. What if they are holding the key to the Shadowlands? Everyone has been wondering about why the Shadowlands is locked from the mortals. Shadow Magic has been in the game since vanilla but we've never seen the actual Shadowlands. Blizzard should fix that.
    Just because she has a harpy model doesn't mean she's their leader.

Our very first encounter with Aviana involves the attempted corruption of the egg of her rebirth by harpies and the twilight's hammer.

Pretty much Harpies are just kind of evil with no single tribe of them being anything more than self serving bastards, also see quilboar, kobolds and gnolls.

All bastards.

These harpies are worshipping N'Zoth, claiming that He will return. Some are corrupted by the Emerald Nightmare (in Val'Shara), others in Highmountain are directly whispered by N'Zoth (like he used to do with Neltharion and some of the Drogbars).

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Her and the other wild gods are the focus of the druid campaign.
    It is her, who gives the Archdruid the new flight form (class hall mount)
    Well aint she precious ? She can take it back and shove it up her feathered ass.

OT: Given her involvement in FFA pvp i would say aviana was always a "wild" card. Aka wilder wild god. I wouldnt call her good at all, she embodies more savage side of nature.

Aviana was the leader of the harpies but 10.000 years ago she was killed and the majority if not all the harpies eventually became crazy and evil. Now she has been resurrected but the harpies seem to be lost and will probably never recover. The thing I don't understand is, if she was killed 10.000 years ago, how has she been resurrected while other wild gods are only spirits?

Aviana is a pretty sinister entity. In Cataclysm she already seemed untrustworthy for me. Don't know anything about druid campaign, so I'm not counting that, but I wouldn't be surprised if she turns traitor (or crazy) eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon21 View Post
    Aviana was the leader of the harpies but 10.000 years ago she was killed and the majority if not all the harpies eventually became crazy and evil. Now she has been resurrected but the harpies seem to be lost and will probably never recover. The thing I don't understand is, if she was killed 10.000 years ago, how has she been resurrected while other wild gods are only spirits?
    All Wild Gods are immortal. With time they can all come back to the physical world if they really want to. Other wild gods just do not care to.

7+ Year Old Account
    The shadowlands arent locked for anyone, and we've seen it plenty of times as its the shiny white/grey/blue realm we enter when you die and release spirit.

Formerly known as Arafal