Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelff View Post
    Can't find answer on google.
    I want to know how much the average unemployed - no disabilities - gets in welfare payments each month paid directly into their bank account.

I want to know how much unemployed disabled poeple get paid each month.

What are food stamps?
    Depends on the state, where you live and if you have kids, which is why welfare mammas have lots of kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    There are too many factors. I had a coworker, single mom with 2 kids. Lived alone and received no support. She went to get help and they approved her for $35 a month in food stamps. White. She re sent in the application and marked African american the next time and changed NONE of the info and was approved for $250 a month. When she took the approval letter to the office to confront them about it as she was not planning to spend any of the new amount but more so curious if it was true they told her flat out that black women get put on a higher food stamp scale.
    Well well well...
    she should have taken a photo of that one and taken it to a news outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    There certainly are people that need it. Examples that you gave for sure.

The problem is our system doesn't work on a tiered system. We practically pay people to not work. If we were give people half of their benefits if they worked they might actually go work. As it is, if a person goes to work they get practically nothing. So, they might as well sit at home and not work or take "under the table" jobs.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean WE have to pay for it. There are some people out there paying very very little for it. While the rest of us are subsidizing them. ACA is great for low income people. Horrible for the middle class.
    With the high deductibles its shit for poor people too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet for some reason the poor people have to pay less. Shouldn't everyone have to pay the same for a provided product/service?
    In a perfect world yes

Well well well...
    she should have taken a photo of that one and taken it to a news outlet.
    Its only news when its not true. I am sure this has been going on for ages. Most minorities are in different welfare brackets. Most people just do not believe it. At the end of the day most news outlets already know all this and it is not news to them.

The max payout for disability depends on how disabled you are. If you are permanently disabled and totally unable to work you get 3/4 of your salary before you became disabled. If you are just unemployed because you lost your job it is also based on your salary but the max payout is 450 a week. Welfare is based on the amount of kids you have I think they give you around 200 per person. Food Stamps get about 250 a person and they only buy you food. This is in CA All states are going to be different and all cases are going to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It is called insurance dude.... everyone pays in hoping they DON'T have to use it.
    When you are forced to pay for prexisting conditions it ceases to be insurance. It's more like Ghetto poorly executed universal healthcare, where healthy people don't have to pay in, because the penalties are a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    To hear Republicans tell it you get enough to buy yachts and eat steak and lobster for every meal

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Obamacare isn't welfare though... You have to pay for it...
    That's how much they don't understand about it. It's just easier for them to have a hand out and not care.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Let's demonize the poor and destitute so we can give even more money to top corps and wealthy that don't need it. And to more war funding. Always more wars.
    Yep poor and destitute...

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/articl...tard-biography

I know this is only one account of fraud, but if there's one I'm damn sure there's more.

Hell my cousin used to get pregnant when the welfare checks started getting light just so they would give her more money(she died from AIDs so all is good now)
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm on disability. I only get $1334 a month before taxes. Its barely enough to cover my medical expenses though.

Judging by your posts, I have an advice for you.
    Illegal Immigration just for the sake of changing where you live will not solve your problems.
    If your life is not in imminent danger, it doesn't worth it. I'd suggest trying legal means if moving to us is the only way you can reach your goals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post

I know this is only one account of fraud, but if there's one I'm damn sure there's more.

Hell my cousin used to get pregnant when the welfare checks started getting light just so they would give her more money(she died from AIDs so all is good now)
    Now let's compare that tiny fraction of fraud on the budget with the exponentially greater fraud, waste, and abuse from the military/Pentagon and corporate welfare, corporate tax evasion/avoidance, and general malfeasance.

It isn't even remotely fucking close.

Some of you should be worrying about much larger issues than this crap.

Well if your are unemployed and disabled you can go for SSI, supplemental security income which is funded by the treasury department, although it's done through the social security office, it's not social security and you can get 735 a month. This is the same in every state. It is also VERY difficult to get approved for, may even require a lawyer. This is what I am on, as I hadn't worked long enough to be eligable for SSDI.) Also Because of how it is set up, I do not pay anything in taxes.

This is not the same as SSDI, (Supplemental Security Disability insurance) which is for people who have work for many many years and have put enough into social security to be covered. They Usually make 2-3x as much per month as what SSI makes, but it's really on a case by case basis.

Then there is SNAP benefits which are also the same in every state. 1 person receives about 175$ a month in food stamps(thanks to a near last minute cut from obama) with a sliding scale down the more people in the household.

I do not know how obamacare really works, tbh. I was on Medicaid a few years before it went into effect and I was diagnosed with schizo-effective disorder that made it near impossible to hold a job, but I do know that I do not pay anything for doctor visits, prescriptions, or my weekly blood work.

Hope this helps..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's by state, California's benefits are better than Arkansas I would think.

If you want to strike social services gold, head to Canada.
    Yup, could all moochers please keep heading north to Canada. It's easier to get on welfare and it pays more I hear.

In the U.S. 965 companies have received $110 billion up to the year 2014. Average American families pay between $3-6K per annum each in taxes that basically go directly to corporations. These are old figures. It's probably far worse now. We probably aren't even calculating the cost of bailouts and the day to day business of government performing the needed task of regulating businesses.

Kill the poor. Feed the rich.

Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Now let's compare that tiny fraction of fraud on the budget with the exponentially greater fraud, waste, and abuse from the military/Pentagon and corporate welfare, corporate tax evasion/avoidance, and general malfeasance.

It isn't even remotely fucking close.

Some of you should be worrying about much larger issues than this crap.
    Who's to say we're not worried about all that other stuff, cause to be honest I am. But the topic/issue of this thread is welfare.

And if the big frauds disgust you than so should the small frauds.
    Last edited by shadowdasher; 2017-06-25 at 01:52 AM.
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

I want to know how much the average unemployed - no disabilities - gets in welfare payments each month paid directly into their bank account.

What are food stamps?
    It's dependent on a lot of factors, many of which are reasonable.

For example, if a very wealthy person lost their wealth, they'd have to receive huge unemployment payments to pay for their bills. Often, even if they're getting 50,000 a month, it's just going straight to bills and property tax. That's why higher grade lives require higher grade payments when unemployed.

It is presumed that during the unemployment, if the person who is unemployed cannot maintain their lifestyle by finding employment or creating income business, they're supposed to sell off their liabilities, like a huge house, so they no receive the money after some time, as they would also no longer need it.

Like all trust based systems, it is open to abuse, but unavoidable without completely destroying human infrastructure as we know it. The only real irony is the people who build a way to survive loss of infrastructure are inherently contributing to the destruction of the infrastructure, which they'd call a win-win.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

What are food stamps?
    You cant find an answer because it probably varies a lot by state.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    You cant find an answer because it probably varies a lot by state.
    It actually doesn't really.