Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Well, its not nonsense. NATO basically broke international laws when they bombed Serbia.
    Bombing a country commuting genocide should not be against international law imo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Even if they were, you're under no obligation to save people who choose to put themselves in danger due to reckless behavior. The fishermen who thinks it's a good idea to go fishing in a typhoon are just as reckless as those people who choose to get into shoddy boats when they're not fleeing anything.
    I linked you the list of countries that have laws that say the exact opposite of what you're saying here. Either you're an uncomprehending idiot or deliberately lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Duty to rescue is a thing in most of continental europe.

"Criminal law:
    In some countries, there exists a legal requirement for citizens to assist people in distress, unless doing so would put themselves or others in harm's way. Citizens are often required to, at minimum, call the local emergency number, unless doing so would be harmful, in which case the authorities should be contacted when the harmful situation has been removed. As of 2012, there were such laws in several countries, including[1] Albania, Andorra,[23] Argentina,[24] Austria,[25] Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Croatia,[26] Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia,[27] Finland, France,[28] Germany,[29] Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland,[30] Portugal, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland and Tunisia."
    I guess this would mean we dont have to

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't think that would be legal though. You need to first prove they came from Libya or that they are Libyan to take them there. Plus while it might work for Italy and Libya, it might be harder for Greece and Turkey.
    It is a reasonable solution though. We know for a fact that most ships come from Libya (via monitoring and well, it is hard to ignore that rescue ships save the illegals just off the coasts of Libya) and that Libyan authorities are not really doing much to stop the human trafficking that is going on in their country (I suspect, besides the difficulties, a good amount of corruption). Even if their are not Libyan citizens, they do come from Libya and it would be logical to send them back there. We could help them solve the issue before they cross the Mediterranean...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the Mediterranean Sea needs to have some walls of sea-mines put in certain areas.

Would solve a bunch of problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    I guess this would mean we dont have to
    Is this some nonsense about all refugees/migrants killing/harming europeans, or about the actual situation of the rescue? Because you know, the ones rescueing those are most of the time professionals who are payed to do exactly that.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I linked you the list of countries that have laws that say the exact opposite of what you're saying here. Either you're an uncomprehending idiot or deliberately lying.
    Men engaging in sexual acts with other men is punishable by prison here. Is this right? If no, why do you think your law is right just because it's law?

Law does not mean something is right. Laws can be immoral, such as that law.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-06-26 at 07:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Men engaging in sexual acts with other men is punishable by prison here. Is this right? If no, why do you think your law is right just because it's law?

Law does not mean something is right. Laws can be immoral, such as that law.
    Wait, you're counter argument to a law that is created to help people in need is one that punishes people for doing icky stuff?

I never stated laws automatically mean something is right, that however doesn't make them not laws. You really have troubles staying on topic.

Wait, you're counter argument to a law that is created to help people in need is one that punishes people for doing icky stuff?

I never stated laws automatically mean something is right, that however doesn't make them not laws. You really have troubles staying on topic.
    I refereed to other laws that exists because you think law makes right by arguing against me when I say you're under no obligation. Compulsion to act by law or face penalties is not an obligation, it's being forced to act under the threat of penalties if you do not, that's commonly called coercion. Pretty damned immoral and immoral laws should be changed.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-06-26 at 07:19 AM.

EU these days: https://youtu.be/5WgUktfdDy4?t=1m43s

Seriously, terrorists kill bunch of people with illegally refurbished full automatic assault rifles, EU: let's put regulations on semi-automatic short weapons.
    Hundreds of thousands of immigrants are flowing in illegally, EU: let's not let in anyone who has the courtesy to actually travel as they are supposed to.

Every time something bad happens, EU (not only though, local governments do that too) abuse that to restrict law abiding citizens more and more. We really need a civil war and we need it fast. And we need to wage it against the corrupt governments, because if we don't do that, there will be another one: muslims vs the rest of us, and that's not going to end well.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2017-06-26 at 07:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I refereed to other laws that exists because you think law makes right by arguing against me when I say you're under no obligation. Compulsion to act by law or face penalties is not an obligation, it's being forced to act under the threat of penalties if you do not. Pretty damned immoral and immoral laws should be changed.
    I didn't argue law makes right, i argued that you are by law under obligation to help unless helping would put yourself in harms way. This is not immoral, this is the opposite of immoral. Helping someone in need is probably the most morally right thing one can think of. Unless of course you're a selfish bastard that puts whatever made up reason first before helping someone.

Helping someone in need is probably the most morally right thing one can think of.
    Sure, if they're in a dangerous situation due to circumstances outside of their control. These people however are not. They willingly put themselves in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If we really want to fix this mess, we need to make a greater effort collecting data so that police can go after the money. Find whoever is involved in human trafficking and confiscate all assets and accounts, then use that money to further the investigation and finance the refugee processing centers.
    I do not think the police in Libya considers it to be a priority, they have far more pressing concerns to attend to.

Just a friendly reminder it looks pretty hypocritical to take a "let them all die " stance with people in trouble when you come from a country that's existence was ensured by the arrival of the international community, UN, etc willing to wage a war to save what was in effect a bunch of peasants from a homicidal neighbor.

Deleted
    Sure, if they're in a dangerous situation due to circumstances outside of their control. These people however are not. They willingly put themselves in that situation.
    If you fancy moving to Libya, do be everyone's guest. I'd rather live in Europe personally, seems these folks do too.

Only difference being my blood and fealty to the Queen gives me the right. They were not born so lucky. Life might be harder than your statement suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleaze View Post
    If you fancy moving to Libya, do be everyone's guest. I'd rather live in Europe personally, seems these folks do too.
    Then they should apply for the appropriate permits/visas to do so. You do not get to choose what country you want to live in just becase you fancy it.

Deleted
    Then they should apply for the appropriate permits/visas to do so. You do not get to choose what country you want to live in.
    Aye, and everyone who deserves one receives one.

Just like nobody should piss in a bush at a festival even if the queue is a physical mile long.

Would you want to wait for your permission to piss, even in a situation of that limited tragedy?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleaze View Post
    Aye, and everyone who deserves one receives one.
    You do not deserve a visa or permit.

Deleted
    But I do deserve by blood and institution?