Poll: If humans make contact with primitive planet?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What if Humans discover primitive aliens...

Many people have this idea in their minds that otherworldly beings will contact us, but if it's the opposite? Let me cook up this scenario:

Humans, having ascended to a Type III civilization, discover a sapient species of relative cultural and technological primitiveness. What would be the most logical steps for future humans to take?

EDIT: Leave them alone in the second context being completely leaving them untouched and essentially forgetting or ignoring their existence.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2017-06-26 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pave down one of their community gathering spots and put up a Wendy's

10+ Year Old Account
    exterminate them for their oil!

As always, they'll exterminate them and declare 'ownership' of all their resources. If any survive, they'll be enslaved.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

First we should find out if they're tasty. We could breed them like pigs.

Secondly we could find out if they're useful somehow, could we ride them like horses?

Lastly, are they good pets?

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeGrey View Post
    As always, they'll exterminate them and declare 'ownership' of all their resources. If any survive, they'll be enslaved.
    I imagine that we would destroy their defenses then enslave the entire race. They would become pets, slaves, be experimented on against their will, or even eaten if it was safe. I really don't have a lot of faith in humans to be kind to anything we view as "lesser" than us even if they do have sapience.

How do they taste? It's not cannibalism if it's not your species.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

5+ Year Old Account
    My guess would be this would set off a massive space race between nations for control over the new planet that could end up being the catalyst for a world war. We exterminate them and us in the process

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Many people have this idea in their minds that otherworldly beings will contact us, but if it's the opposite? Let me cook up this scenario:

Humans, having ascended to a Type III civilization, discover a sapient species of relative cultural and technological primitiveness. What would be the most logical steps for future humans to take?

EDIT: Leave them alone in the second context being completely leaving them untouched and essentially forgetting or ignoring their existence.
    I discover a clickbait title. Then I report it.

Deleted
    Enter contact, careful not to give them any technology and help them with their problems. Assist them in accelerating their development but without (as possible) influencing them too much. Not really uplift, more like "hey buddy, i got way more tech, need a water filter?"

Deleted
    Other. Discover their society as a new market for our products.

Well, and think about product diversification. As like bobble hats for creatures with tentacles.

At the end, capitalism could be the best peaceful answer.

We'll steal a few to bring back for study.

80% of the alien population will be wiped out by the common cold that was intruduced when humans landed on their planet.

Astronaut John starts getting inexplicable nose bleeds but he dismisses them as nothing. His little son Jimmy catches the space flu from his dad and spreads the desease around at school. Next thing you know we have a world wide epidemic with millions dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    exterminate them for their oil!
    Nailed it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post

Ignore them. A type III civilisation, that controls the energy output of an entire galaxy would have as much interest in a sub-type-I primitive civilsation as we ourselves do an individual termite nest.

The best they could hope for would be not swept out of existance either to clear the way...or because we simply did not notice them, as a construction company building a new office block doesn;t notice an ant's nest being destroyed

Type-III civilisation is as near to being gods as anything is likely to get. Almost nothing would be beyond them. They could move whole solar systems at will, put Dyson spheres around every star, master the power of supernovas, massive black holes. At that point they might even detonate stars to order to serve as a power source for a project.

Think of it - commanding the energy output of the entire Milky Way Galaxy - over 100 billion stars.

Remember that Star Trek's federation or Star Wars' Empire barely qualify as Type-I, because to qualify for Type-II you have to harness the energy output of a whole star. They're sort of type 1.5, more than planetary, but not yet up to 2. Although maybe either could reach 2 if they really tried, likel building a Dyson sphere. Probably the Empire is closer, as they can build something as big as the Death Star - likely beyond the Federation.

And whilst the Federation cares about primitve races, the Empire doesn't.

Study them and if they are humoniod see how they interact with the planets own ecosystem. As for resources I guess regulation would come into mind but Id rather not take what isn't ours. Now if it was a dead planet filled with uranium,oil,coal, wood or a variant of natural gas or some similar substance then yes lets build and create market.
    To be quite honest this has me thinking of civilization: Beyond earth and the countless scenarios that could be run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You should really put a "what if" in your thread title. Click-bait as fuck.

This conversation is also pretty irrelevant without knowing the circumstances our society is in during this hypothetical. I'd say that morally, we should leave them be for the most part. Perhaps they'd never be able to advance past this primitive stage with our without our help but it could be detrimental to their species if we assume they can't regardless and treat them as some kind of animal.

If some alien species came to earth while we were still living in caves, they'd likely think of us as just animals and if they treated us as such then they'd essentially be oppressing us to the point that we would have never advanced.
    I look at it the other way around

Aliens land when we live in caves.

One of the aliens is like 'hey randy, lookit these idiots...heheh, wouldn't it be funny if we taught it to talk'? 'Duuuur talk monkey talk...duuur hahahahah stupid monkey;....

and the rest is literally history
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Is this alien species cute and cuddly? If so, keep them as pets.

Deleted
    It's the doomsday for whoever we meet.