Struggling on H Avatar

Hi,

First off, I play in an 'okay' guild. We got to 7/10M in NH (had some good Augur tries, but it wasn't enough). We managed to get to 7/9H in ToS, and because I really wanted to kill Avatar and see KJ, I decided to start a raid on an off-raid day. We were a group of 11-15 people (some had to leave, some joined in between), all main raiders from or mythic roster. We threw our head against this boss for a good 3 hours, after that we had to replace a tank and a healer, and it didn't get better from there on.

But for that 3 hours, we really struggled with Phase 2. P1 went well most times, having 4 Cleansing Protocols and transitioning with ~25-30% on Avatar. But the Dark Marks really destroyed us. Even with 11 people, we had the feeling that you would need 3 people in the mark to barely survive, meaning the camps for the Dark Marks needed to be nearly perfect, or the tanks would need to help out to soak. It even got so far that we were actively practicing P2 by not positioning the maiden in the stream and letting the Avatar transition immediatly.

Raid setup for the most part:
    Tanks: Druid, Monk
    DPS: Monk, Frostmage, BM Hunter, Enh Shaman, 3x Boomkin, D Warlock, F DK
    Heal: Druid, Druid, Shaman (replaced by a random Paladin because she had to leave after 1.5 hours)

Did anyone manage to kill this boss in a small raid? If so, HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO IT? We had the feeling that it was way too hard for a heroic boss. So far, the best thing to do seems to be increase raid size to maximum and only invite classes with immunities >.<

Yeah, we found it fairly easy in the pug I did it with, 12 people, if someone with an immunity gets the dark mark, have them immune it. If not, soak it, a lot of specs once knocked up, can get back to the ground straight away, and soak another (mages, resto and balance druids, warriors, hunters can get back fast, shamans with gust of wind)

It's very possible and easy to soak 2 marks, you just need the healers to be healing well. They don't all blow up at the same time.

Perhaps some logs would help here?