View Poll Results: What is your most trusted source for news?

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • Associated Press

4 14.81%
  • BBC (1 ,2, 3 Etc)

11 40.74%
  • The New York Times

1 3.70%
  • The Guardian

1 3.70%
  • Russia Today

4 14.81%
  • The Blaze

1 3.70%
  • Democracy Now

0 0%
  • Reuters

5 18.52%
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Prt 2 What is your most trusted source for news?

Ok so I decided to add more new sources as I said I would, because I anticipated if more people participated and didn't like the options, or more importantly didn't feel there was enough options for legitimately trusted news sources, I'd make another poll, that would include some news sources left out from the previous.

Now, this like the last poll is only open for 7 days, so if you have a suggestion not included in this or the last poll, type it down in the comments and I may add it on the next. I am only going to give 8 options, I could give more, but I believe 8 keeps it reasonable for each round, and at this point, I am willing to add other polls however only 1 at a time, meaning at least 8 days apart.

Just a heads up, (Variety of Sources, None of the Above, or Kevin the Hobo on the corner) will NOT be added. Not because these aren't all legitimate choices in life) They are not appropriate for these polls since the question is "What is your most trusted NEWS source, so if isn't a singular actual news source it wont get added, and if you choose none, well you wouldn't need to vote on any.

Anything else, please yell at me or tell me any legitimate news sources I left out left, right or center. As for regions or countries I will do my best.

Lastly after I have finished with as many parts that are required, from each poll I am going to eliminate 4 and the remaining can go up against the other top 4 from any following polls until we have a final 8.

Hoping this will be interesting and fun.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-06-24 at 05:13 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

For me its the Guardian. They are the gold standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah AP, Reuters are often news source for many others news out use, so I get why they would be just the go to. I don't personally use either, because outside their own website, because they seem to more online or digital based and not too easily available. Probably because they don't editorialize as much which can be obviously a very bad thing.

In the end though for the polls, I'll add anything that is legitimate or is a real source for where people get their news no matter how I might feel about it. I hope none feels the need to justify a suggestion, no real wrong answer just trying to find out what is the most trusted over all.

The only things I wont add won't be because I determine if they are legitimate or agree, only that they really have to be a news source. None of the Above, Variety, Or Uncle Bob would be added no matter how trustworthy I am sure Uncle Bob is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    For me its the Guardian. They are the gold standard.
    Interesting, I don't know them living in the states so much, but, I have heard some that suggest they are really good, and others suggest others. I'd be surprised how far it made it on these forums. Hell I would be surprised even with other options if the U.S news orgs might beat out everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    BBC, Reuters, AP.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    BBC, Reuters, AP.
    Interesting British then two American Agency's in that order?

7+ Year Old Account
    News is subjective interpretation, data is what you should value. For breaking events like a bombing, first person uploading typically starts on Twitter/Facebook(for text and pics) or YouTube if there is video footage.

I trust many national data sites. Although past merit or honesty never automatically makes a source trustable in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Interesting British then two American Agency's in that order?
    Not in any order. Just in general.
    Putin khuliyo

AP/Rueters

Shame we couldn't pick more than one.

Deleted
    Huffington Post.

Best newspaper there is out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Huffington Post.

Best newspaper there is out there.
    Not according to last poll they've already been eliminated because they got 1 vote out of a hundred or more.

BBC (1 ,2, 3 Etc) What does that mean?

also i stand by my choice of the crazy man down the street that guy has never let me down yet!!

There's no "Shitposts on MMO-Champ forums" option.
    *sadman*

Would have been nice to be able to pick more than one: AP, BBC World, and Reuters.

I picked BBC without looking and I was right.

But let's not forget one of their leaders did bad things to kids and they could be corrupt and the reason they say the sun never sets on the british empire is because it's actually true, we're all hypnotized slaves of the british empire; australia? penal colony claims it governs itself but is really just another human jail, America? lost the war when they ransacked the white house in 1812 (if you doubt it look it up the british destroyed it once) but its cheaper to make us into hypnotized ass slaves who take care of ourselves and rule us from across the pond, India oh you better believe the british have been all over india, we're all ass slave prison colonies of a contiguous and continuously ongoing british empire but we've been tricked into taking care of ourselves and douching our assholes constantly to satisfy their desires, while they roam the earth unseen because we've been hypnotized not to see them even if they're standing right next to us, thinking that we aren't part of the british anymore.

After all, if you had a whole harem of ass slaves you could do whatever you want with, wouldn't your first command be for them to take care of themselves until you're ready to employ them as puppets? Then you wouldn't get out of bed for 20 hours cuz you're so tired for "no reason" but that one guy said the ideal way to wake up is to crawl out of bed into an even larger, pre-warmed bed and you know it's true because you're sleep deprived because they've been doing this voodoo hypno shit since the dawn of agriculture, the real life-cycle of man is wake in the afternoon when it's prime time to chase game until it has a stroke because we sweat but other creature's can't sweat, build and play during the evening hours, party and pleasure partaking when the moon is out, as well as more hunting cuz it's easy to kill sleeping game, and finallly sleep late late at night into the next afternoon,

but when they invented agriculture, they needed hypno ass slaves to rise with the sun and set with the sun, so they keep telling you that's how it's supposed to be even though if you listened to your body for one second you'd never do that, but you think this is all normal,

long story short, somebody's using us, and while the bbc is the most reliable news right now we presume, the truth is everyone's an ass slave, even them probably.

Just strengthen yourself, become super ultra selfish, secure your pleasures and joys at all costs even if they are criminal, hide them so you can't be prosecuted.

Like I'm literally the only guy telling you the truth, and I'm not afraid because I'm a good little ass slave, I don't even break generic laws, I don't break laws even if I don't agree with them, because I trust the makers of such to have a good reason, but I got wronged so I'm gonna take you all out, you'll see how bad the reflections get, you shouldn't have fucked with me, and everything i'm gonna do is perfectly legal, magic shit that's gonna wreck indefinitely
    Last edited by Thoughtful Trolli; 2017-06-26 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    infowars is not on the list ????

that has the most traffic out of all those options in the poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost all media offer news that favor X side and anti-Y side, and many media and news sources keeping silent on many important news.

Basically there is no perfect news source, the best way is reading multiple medias that favor and unfavor different organizations and goverments.

I.e. if you live in X country you should read news from at least 3 different sources: news that favor X country, news that are hostile to X country, and news that are neutral to X country.

And ofc its not just 3 sides, but much more.

I mean you should read news from sources not only that you respect but also the ones that you hate and mistrust, and the ones you neutral and dont care about.
    Last edited by Luckx; 2017-06-26 at 11:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    infowars is not on the list ????

that has the most traffic out of all those options in the poll.

Infowars was in the last poll and will be in the next round because it Got enough votes to be in the top 4 of 8
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Almost all media offer news that favor X side and anti-Y side, and many media and news sources keeping silent on many important news.

Basically there is no perfect news source, the best way is reading multiple medias that favor and unfavor different organizations and goverments.

I.e. if you live in X country you should read news from at least 3 different sources: news that favor X country, news that are hostile to X country, and news that are neutral to X country.

And ofc its not just 3 sides, but much more.

I mean you should read news from sources not only that you respect but also the ones that you hate and mistrust, and the ones you neutral and dont care about.
    I disagree perfect isn't the expectation truth is. I think the extreme view that they are two sides of the same coin has helped create fake news.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-06-27 at 09:25 AM.