Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

CBO on senate Healthcare out....and its just as bad as you figured

Sorry did i say healthcare plan... i meant tax break for the rich

1 million less....guess we just need 22 more versions to get a good bill.

The CBO says the Senate GOP healthcare bill would leave 22 million more without insurance

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/c...202229403.html

The CBO projected that 22 million fewer people would have coverage under the bill in 2026, named the Better Care Reconciliation Act (BCRA), than under the current healthcare system. This is also slightly below the CBO's projection that 23 million fewer people would have coverage under the House GOP's American Health Care Act (AHCA).

Crazy part

Crucially for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the CBO projected the bill would reduce the federal deficit by $321 Billion (yahoo had million),

22 million people, i guess are only worth 321 Billion (yahoo said million but it was wrong). 14k per person. or 1,400 per year per person.
    Totally worth the reduction....
    Last edited by Zan15; 2017-06-26 at 08:55 PM. Reason: damn yahoo!

Id rather not be forced to buy health insurance just because someone else cant afford it so i gotta pay into their stupid system. How about leave me alone. If this bill gets rid of the stupid tax i have been paying the past 2 years then good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Sorry did i say healthcare plan... i meant tax break for the rich

1 million less....guess we just need 22 more versions to get a good bill.

The CBO says the Senate GOP healthcare bill would leave 22 million more without insurance

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/c...202229403.html

The CBO projected that 22 million fewer people would have coverage under the bill in 2026, named the Better Care Reconciliation Act (BCRA), than under the current healthcare system. This is also slightly below the CBO's projection that 23 million fewer people would have coverage under the House GOP's American Health Care Act (AHCA).

Crazy part

Crucially for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the CBO projected the bill would reduce the federal deficit by $321 million,

22 million people, i guess are only worth 321 million. 14.60 per person.
    Totally worth the reduction, i think that is what like 5 military f35 jets?
    $321 billion, not million. or $14,590 per person.

Or 3600 F-35s.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Id rather not be forced to buy health insurance just because someone else cant afford it so i gotta pay into their stupid system. How about leave me alone. If this bill gets rid of the stupid tax i have been paying the past 2 years then good riddance.
    so how about 40 years+ of paying for medicare? or Social security? or education? or Roads? or Military.

all things those same people are either paying a lot less and can't afford.

can i opt out of paying for the military please? or how about no property tax since i don't have kids?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    $321 billion, not million. or $14,590 per person.

Or 3600 F-35s.
    ah good old yahoo....

ok so 14,590 per person over 10 years. so 1500 bucks per year per person.

350 billion over 10 years
    35 billion a year.
    Last edited by Zan15; 2017-06-26 at 08:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even without 'Obummer Communist Community Organizer Care' you already pay into a system that uses your premiums to pay for people who cannot.

What a turn of events! It's almost like every other peice of legislation the republicans put forth, oh wait... that's exactly what this is. It's nothing but another sloppy blowie to the rich and everyone else gets the finger. I think I can safely say republicans are just Saturday morning cartoon villains, except not even that entertaining in thier evil.

FFS.

Regulate the god damn price of medications and hospital visits already. Jesus fucking Christ, it's not that god damn difficult. Every other fucking country in the developed world fucking does it.

Fucking useless government. YOU'RE THERE TO PROTECT YOUR CITIZENS. Protect them you worthless pieces of shit. We're being extorted heavily by the healthcare industry and you worthless sacks of flesh can't lift a goddamn finger to help.

A mentally challenged baboon could come up with something better.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2017-06-26 at 09:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    FFS.

Regulate the god damn price of medications and hospital visits already. Jesus fucking Christ, it's not that god damn difficult. Every other fucking country in the developed world fucking does it.

Fucking useless government. YOU'RE THERE TO PROTECT YOUR CITIZENS. Protect them you worthless pieces of shit. We're being extorted heavily by the healthcare industry and you worthless sacks of flesh can't lift a goddamn finger to help.

This is what you get when both sides of the goverment are corrupt.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

FFS.

So, what exactly would you do? (be specific)

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Saving money at the cost of human lives, you really fit in with the republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    We have like 100 other countries that do healthcare better than the US. Healthcare isn't some big mystery that no one can figure out. It's just the fucking retards in the US government.

This is all that need to be said, really. We aren't going to fix our healthcare problem until we do this. You can tinker with insurance markets all you like, but as long as your insurance is paying $1500 for an MRI that costs $100 in Japan, it's not going to do much to make it more affordable.

Unfortunately, the free market ideologues on the right don't understand markets OR healthcare well enough to realize that the free market doesn't keep the price of healthcare down, and both sides only pay attention to the lobby and special interest groups that have a vested interest in keeping it expensive.

More bad news that of course places like fox news will leave out the SECOND part.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...alth-care-bill

Average premiums would be about 20 percent lower under the GOP plan, compared to Obamacare, in 2026, CBO found.

sounds good right?????

But that would be in part because the GOP’s financial assistance is pegged to plans with higher out-of-pocket costs. Most Americans who buy insurance on the individual market would actually end up paying more for health care, even if their premiums went down.

and even better news for people not even on ACA...you know the insurance you get from working

The loosening of state waivers created by Obamacare would also increase health care costs for many Americans, CBO found. The Senate bill allows states to roll back more of Obamacare’s insurance regulations and makes it easier for states to get the waivers.

About half the US population lives in states that would seek waivers from the Obamacare requirement that health plans cover certain essential health benefits, CBO estimated. If states narrowed what services plans are required to cover, people could end up paying more for those services and insurers could again impose annual or lifetimes limits on how much they would pay for those services.

Until there's some way for you to opt out of emergency room coverage, so that when you get in an accident or sick and society has the right to say "no" and dump you on the sidewalk... suck it up. Because the rest of us will be paying a lot more for your emergency care than your little tax.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

He was specific: directly regulate the costs of healthcare products and services, like other countries do. It's why they have universal coverage and spend 11-12% of GDP on healthcare, whereas we don't, while spending 17%. The competitive and market forces that keep prices down in most consumer markets don't work for healthcare (for a variety of reasons), and so other countries force costs down with a single-payer monopsony or with rate-setting. Our failure to do this is the single biggest reason we have the most expensive healthcare in the world.

We have like 100 other countries that do healthcare better than the US. Healthcare isn't some big mystery that no one can figure out. It's just the fucking retards in the US government.
    That's a complete non-answer.

Where do you find the cost savings? Cutting physician salaries in half would net you a couple percent and drive more doctors out of primary care. Halving prescription costs may get you a couple more percent but would be difficult (this being said, I think it would be a terrific idea for the pharmaceutical companies in their negotiations with other healthcare systems to make them pay more and not put all of their costs on US consumers.)

A huge percentage of healthcare expense comes in the last couple months of life. Do we have a group who decides what care will or won't be covered? Do we push people strongly towards abortion if a birth defect is found prenatally as is done in Europe?

I do think we need actual health care reform. These health insurance reform plans (ACA and whatever bill is getting pushed right now do nothing to fix underlying problems). The main issue is that actually doing something with overall health care may not be palatable to the average person, most of whom have pretty good insurance through employers or through Medicare and have no reason to pursue any change. I forsee right now the ads: "X candidate wants to take away your current plan and put you in a VA system equivalent".

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    He was specific: directly regulate the costs of healthcare products and services, like other countries do. It's why they have universal coverage and spend 11-12% of GDP on healthcare, whereas we don't, while spending 17%. The competitive and market forces that keep prices down in most consumer markets don't work for healthcare (for a variety of reasons), and so other countries force costs down with a single-payer monopsony or with rate-setting. Our failure to do this is the single biggest reason we have the most expensive healthcare in the world.
    In the US, Medicare is terrible at controlling costs and Medicaid is not much better (note the outcry of the "cuts" to Medicaid by pinning the growth rate of the program to either the overall health care cost growth rate (House), or inflation rate (Senate). In regards to Medicare, old people vote, and they want their tests and procedures right now. There is definitely place for cost savings (an extra month of life is probably not worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in ICU bills; 90 year old grandma probably shouldn't have a knee replacement), but getting this across to the typical US citizen is going to be extremely unpopular. It's not universal coverage alone - our current governmental coverage programs are still bad at cost control.
    Last edited by Sargerasraider; 2017-06-26 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Basically. Free market doesn't work well when it's life saving equipment and drugs involved. There has to be regulation but politicians on both sides of the aisle have been against that.

edit: Hell, Japan already uses a conservative healthcare model that actually fucking works. But for some reason we in America think that because we're Americans, we have to reinvent the god damn wheel instead of looking at our allies who are already doing it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Let the Republicans keep this stupid shit up and see what bills come in 2021 when they lose it all.

I'll never get sick or injured why should I buy health insurance?
    Far too many people have this reckless attitude.

That's a complete non-answer.

Where do you find the cost savings? Cutting physician salaries in half would net you a couple percent and drive more doctors out of primary care. Halving prescription costs may get you a couple more percent but would be difficult (this being said, I think it would be a terrific idea for the pharmaceutical companies in their negotiations with other healthcare systems to make them pay more and not put all of their costs on US consumers.)

A huge percentage of healthcare expense comes in the last couple months of life. Do we have a group who decides what care will or won't be covered? Do we push people strongly towards abortion if a birth defect is found prenatally as is done in Europe?

I do think we need actual health care reform. These health insurance reform plans (ACA and whatever bill is getting pushed right now do nothing to fix underlying problems). The main issue is that actually doing something with overall health care may not be palatable to the average person, most of whom have pretty good insurance through employers or through Medicare and have no reason to pursue any change. I forsee right now the ads: "X candidate wants to take away your current plan and put you in a VA system equivalent".
    Oh, we pay way, way more than double what other countries pay.