Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For a bit of positivity, I'm hoping their reason for not targeting ret yet is because they

1) Tried a bit of a buff just before the last hotfix

2) They want more accurate numbers before they change anything, with less of the Retribution Passive proccing.

3) They don't want to adjust too many classes in a single hotfix

Granted, one probably means they consider it done, and two they've already said before they have their own internal sims basically and they go by those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    For a bit of positivity, I'm hoping their reason for not targeting ret yet is because they

1) Tried a bit of a buff just before the last hotfix

2) They want more accurate numbers before they change anything, with less of the Retribution Passive proccing.

3) They don't want to adjust too many classes in a single hotfix

Granted, one probably means they consider it done, and two they've already said before they have their own internal sims basically and they go by those numbers.
    They should be able to tell straight away if they're not being lazy about it, so they're either content with where ret is or they're waiting and seeing because we're not at the bottom on some fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    They should be able to tell straight away if they're not being lazy about it, so they're either content with where ret is or they're waiting and seeing because we're not at the bottom on some fights.
    I mean, I guess at least we're not getting what they gave Windwalker monks back in...I forget if it was MoP or WoD where they said "our internal numbers say you're fine, you must be playing wrong" basically.

Deleted
    First iteration of Monk's mastery. Reworked three times in three different patches.
    Then in Legion Celestalon came barging to a flock of top parsers, cutting edge Brewmasters and straight up told them that their complaints about the spec's iteration in Legion was something they could not understand, listing why.

And since it was all basically a bunch of nonsense, Brewmaster got somehow fixed.

You're a Rogue, you have literally nothing to complain about in terms of DPS.
    im not complaining, that'll come next week when blizzard nerfs us to the middle again :P

I mean, I guess at least we're not getting what they gave Windwalker monks back in...I forget if it was MoP or WoD where they said "our internal numbers say you're fine, you must be playing wrong" basically.
    to be fair, popularity and general perception can influence spec performance
    just look at sub rogue vs assa rogue, there's still a bunch of assa rogues in top parses (and like 10 times more playing overall) when sub is better in like every imaginable way besides 2 target cleave

then again lalt out saying "yoUre playing it wrong cos we tested it" is totally retarded, but i think that's just partly badly communicated
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-06-28 at 09:27 PM.

Deleted
    Ok. Now we just wait for we monks to appear offering hot chocolate and a friendly pat to assure us that the situation is not that bad and that the bench is a gold saver.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    They really need a buff to their ST. It's odd cause historically retribution is usually middling in ST or are strong in ST, with periods of strong cleave (depending on expansion) but relatively weak AoE. Right now the AoE is actually there, but the ST is really awful.

Not sure what the issue is. Half of me thinks that the data Blizzard gets skews retribution simply because of the retribution buff. Even if they are honest and truly aren't balancing around that perk, I don't trust them enough to dig through the data to arrive at that conclusion. Lets be clear. Retribution with timely deaths of raid members is actually an "okay" spec, the problem is, outside of very niche circumstances that tactic really isn't going to be used. Parsing as a retribution paladin at the moment is entirely reliant on other people dying, as somebody dying at the later parts of the crusade window boosts DPS by quite a bit.

The biggest solution would be to simply buff the class all around and modify the retribution passive. Keep the DR in tact and nuke the damage portion entirely or just by a considerable amount.
    Rofl I cannot help thinking that some guy gets payed several grant monthly to run a simms where the retribution passive proccs on cd and then reports " rets fairly balanced middle of the pack with strong burst"

It is all a matter of right talent pick.
    I've picked Arms Warrior talent and did just fine today in raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    It is all a matter of right talent pick.
    I've picked Arms Warrior talent and did just fine today in raid.
    Arms seems so boring though.
    I'm leveling a fury warrior at the moment, might give arms a shot though

Arms seems so boring though.
    I'm leveling a fury warrior at the moment, might give arms a shot though
    It's not boring at all, especially compared to Retribution.
    Not to mention you have Heroic Leap + Sprint + 2 charges of charge
    It isn't so hardwired to a single cd, you don't have to lurk and sift through thrash for very very very fething much specific relics.
    Not going to mention you have Heroic Leap + Sprint + 2 charges of charge
    You actually have a switch in rotation during execute phase. You have diferent playstyle CHOICES which are VIABLE and not just gimmick.
    My Arvaarad Warrior , 902 geared in ragtag mishmash of something with anything pulls quite decent numbers despite me playing Arns for 3 weeks as a whole and having only 1 dps legendary.
    And you have Heroic Leap + Sprint + 2 charges of charge

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    It's not boring at all, especially compared to Retribution.
    Not to mention you have Heroic Leap + Sprint + 2 charges of charge
    It isn't so hardwired to a single cd, you don't have to lurk and sift through thrash for very very very fething much specific relics.
    Not going to mention you have Heroic Leap + Sprint + 2 charges of charge
    You actually have a switch in rotation during execute phase. You have diferent playstyle CHOICES which are VIABLE and not just gimmick.
    My Arvaarad Warrior , 902 geared in ragtag mishmash of something with anything pulls quite decent numbers despite me playing Arns for 3 weeks as a whole and having only 1 dps legendary.
    And you have Heroic Leap + Sprint + 2 charges of charge
    It's not still tied to mostly colossus smash waiting? I haven't touched Arms since they butchered it in MoP.

It's not still tied to mostly colossus smash waiting? I haven't touched Arms since they butchered it in MoP.
    Ofc it revolves around CS.
    But if you don't want to be too much tied to it, there's this new talent called Titanic Might, which reduced cd on CS by 8 seconds while ALSO extending CS duration by 8 seconds.
    Now look at judgement smash. Now back at Colossus Smash. Now back to judgement smash. Now back at Colossus Smash.
    Yes, CS is better.

Deleted
    I got a 99 bracket on heroic sisters today. 3 Ret passives, one of them in the later half of crusade. Skills that... -.-

At least on st fights the t20 2 piece is decent... Though idk how other specs have it, i feel way more powerfull with it

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    At least on st fights the t20 2 piece is decent... Though idk how other specs have it, i feel way more powerfull with it
    So, our ST is way worse than others, but the difference is, we need full uptime to be competitive. That is just not gonna happen. So we need to have stronger damage because we don't have the mobility to keep that uptime.

That HAS to be the trade-off. Right now, we are unbalanced. We got the weak mobility, but we don't have the strong ST to make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    So, our ST is way worse than others, but the difference is, we need full uptime to be competitive. That is just not gonna happen. So we need to have stronger damage because we don't have the mobility to keep that uptime.

That HAS to be the trade-off. Right now, we are unbalanced. We got the weak mobility, but we don't have the strong ST to make up for it.
    Yeah.... Avatar and Maiden are annoying as fuck...

Yeah.... Avatar and Maiden are annoying as fuck...
    Avatar is probably the fight I hate most on my pally... the running back and forth render me almost useless in comparasion to basically every other class.... piece of shit boss! :/

Why did blizzard take Turalyon's Might?
    *sad face*

7+ Year Old Account
    Why did blizzard take Turalyon's Might?
    *sad face*
    "Not class fantasy enough for paladins. And we're not going to mention the previous' wielder of the Ashbringer's more iconic move, a leap attack. Which, funny enough to taunt you, one of your companions as a combat ally does all the time!"

Retribution #fantasy is having the strongest weapon within WoW universe and being unable to do jack with it.
    And being very balanced.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    20% buff to nearly all our spells in the 7.3 PTR notes though... Blizzard clearly knows Ret has a problem if they're doing it as high as 20%. Our day should come soon, Blizzard has obviously caught on.