Revenge of the Nigerian Prince

In a typical case of ‘bush-meat-become-hunter,’ an American man has been arrested and charged to court for scamming three Nigerians of over $500,000.

Marco Ramirez, an American citizen, was remanded in Kirikiri Maximum Prison by an Ikeja High court Thursday after it he was accused by the EFCC of taking money from his victims under the pretext of securing them American passports.

According to Herald, the EFCC prosecutor said the accused was managing director of three companies – USA Now Plc., Eagleford Instalodge Group and USA Now Capital Group.

Ramirez was accused of collecting $545,000 from Amb. Godson Echejue, to invest in his company, Eagleford Instalodge Group, in exchange for procuring an American green card (residence permit) for him.

He also allegedly received $10,000 from one Abubakar Umar through a fake investment programme in the U.S. which would make Umar eligible to obtain an American passport, and another $10,000 from one Mr Olukayode Sodimu under the pretext that the funds were facilitation fees with the American Immigration Services for an American green card.

Ramirez pleaded not guilty to all 16 fraud charges against him and EFFC prosecutor requested that he be taken from EFCC custody to prison custody because there were no bed spaces available in the commission.

The court also convicted two Brazilians, Lima Pereira Diego, and Dias Dos Santos Marcia Cristina for bringing 23.895 kilograms of cocaine into Nigeria, according to Vanguard.
    http://ekometro.com/news/american-sc...million-naira/

I get 2-3 scam callers every week. They are really getting out of hand.
    I have had all kinds of calls. Ranging from ones telling me I had a warrant out for my arrest and that I could just pay the fine over the phone. Lol... My wife actually got a similar one telling her that she could "pay" her fine with Amazon gift cards. I guess people fall for it. She told them hold on while she went to the store to but them. They waited on the phone for 45 min she said while she watched TV before she hung up on them.

The best one was about a month after someone hit me in a collision. I got a call from someone claiming to be from their insurance company telling me that I owed them money($2400) and if I didn't pay them over the phone that a sheriff was going come by within a few hours to pick me up. The strange thing is they had ALL of my information, my address, vehicle, insurance etc. They also had all they information on the other driver as well. They knew all about the accident, how it happened, where it happened, etc. As soon as they threatened me with the police over a bill I knew it was a scam. I told them to send it to me in writing and I never heard from them again. My guess is somehow they got ahold of the police report. They may have even called the person that hit me and tried the same thing to them.

That is how scammers work. They try and get you to make your payments under duress. Don't fall for it. Get a call back number or have them send you a written notice(required by law).

You have to be careful. Scammers can be very very slick.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-06-27 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I get 2-3 scam callers every week. They are really getting out of hand.
    I have had all kinds of calls. Ranging from ones telling me I had a warrant out for my arrest and that I could just pay the fine over the phone. Lol... My wife actually got a similar one telling her that she could "pay" her fine with Amazon gift cards. I guess people fall for it. She told them hold on while she went to the store to but them. They waited on the phone for 45 min she said while she watched TV before she hung up on them.

The best one was about a month after someone hit me in a collision. I got a call from someone claiming to be from their insurance company telling me that I owed them money($2400) and if I didn't pay them over the phone that a sheriff was going come by within a few hours to pick me up. The strange thing is they had ALL of my information, my address, vehicle, insurance etc. They also had all they information on the other driver as well. They knew all about the accident, how it happened, where it happened, etc. As soon as they threatened me with the police over a bill I knew it was a scam. I told them to send it to me in writing and I never heard from them again. My guess is somehow they got ahold of the police report. They may have even called the person that hit me and tried the same thing to them.

That is how scammers work. They try and get you to make your payments under duress. Don't fall for it. Get a call back number or have them send you a written notice(required by law).
    This guy I work with was telling me a story from around tax time and he hadn't even gotten part way through the story and I already gave him this look and he knew I knew from the start he almost got scammed. Basically someone called him saying they were the IRS and that if he didn't send them XXXX amount of money they were sending the police to arrest him for tax evasion. I mean like a lot of people would actually be that dumb to believe it considering he said he was literally about to leave work until one of the doctors was like wtf no that's a scam. The IRS would have you actually get in contact with them typically before they go all call the police and have a mutual review of documents before even saying you owe money.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    This guy I work with was telling me a story from around tax time and he hadn't even gotten part way through the story and I already gave him this look and he knew I knew from the start he almost got scammed. Basically someone called him saying they were the IRS and that if he didn't send them XXXX amount of money they were sending the police to arrest him for tax evasion. I mean like a lot of people would actually be that dumb to believe it considering he said he was literally about to leave work until one of the doctors was like wtf no that's a scam. The IRS would have you actually get in contact with them typically before they go all call the police and have a mutual review of documents before even saying you owe money.
    Tons of IRS scams in the first quarter of the year. They busted up a huge IRS phone scam ring a couple months ago. The ringleader was an Indian.
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/09/news...der/index.html
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-06-27 at 05:40 AM.

I once held the phone next to the toilet and flushed while on the line with a scammer. Felt glorious.