Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    IE wasn't the first web browser. They were late to the party. Firefox was around earlier, Safari was around earlier.
    Internet Explorer appeared in 1995. Firefox appeared in 2004. Safari appeared in 2003.
    No, IE was never "essential" to the operating system. Guess what? OS' existed well before the internet.
    Well, it didn't need a browser then?
    You can rather easily get a GNU linux system going without any of the webbrowsers.
    Yet every Linux distribution has a browser installed by default and none offer to select it.
    As for sources about ActiveX being a security risk:
    Every piece of software is a security risk. I asked about inherent problems with ActiveX technology, which is not what your articles are about.
    Why are you defending something even Microsoft never defended vehemently?
    There is no need to defend a widely-used technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Look the US runs a huge trade deficit with the EU, mostly Germany. For every two dollars we send to the EU we get $1 back. I know Europeans resent successful American tech companies but these companies are one of the few things that help balance the huge trade deficit a little. What's our alternative to trying to work things out fairly? Tariffs?
    What are you even bullshitting about? If you have trade deficit it's because US buys more from EU than the other way around. Which makes EU goods and services more sought out in US than vice versa. Congrats on ruining your horseshit narrative of EU being jealous of US' greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's a stupid charge, who doesn't want to see prices in their search? It seems made up with only one target in mind and it seems politically motivated.
    Considering that the charges aren't against that per se, whatever it may look up to you is no relevance to the real world and looks up that way to you only because of pathological level of nationalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Why doesnt Apple have to offer something other than Safari on OS and IOS?
    Mac OS has a worldwide market share just below 12%. It is second only to the Windows worldwide share, of just under 84% That is why they dont have to offer another browser.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Internet Explorer appeared in 1995. Firefox appeared in 2004. Safari appeared in 2003.
    Well, it didn't need a browser then?
    Yet every Linux distribution has a browser installed by default and none offer to select it.
    Every piece of software is a security risk. I asked about inherent problems with ActiveX technology, which is not what your articles are about.
    There is no need to defend a widely-used technology.
    Flash is also widely used and considered the cancer of the internet. You sure have a weird logic to your argument. "Everyone's doing it, so it must be great!" Btw, you need to learn to read properly. All of those articles describe specific problems with ActiveX and how it can be exploited.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Listen here cupcake, he linked what he waned as proof, if I had read some other story that argued against his point, he would cry "but muh point" with a link I can't even read. Hell I bet he didn't even read it, he probably linked me the first thing he googled.

Your search results shows me nothing saying how EU told google to fix it, they only said *fix it* and since Google says they didn't do anything wrong, what the fuck are they fixing. But you obviously lack basic understanding to comprehend this.
    Of course it shows nothing. But you could have read even one article. There are dozens of sites which shows what google is doing and what the EU find wrong about each and everyone of their deals again and again. It's not the problem of a government to show a company how to obey the law. They also know it(there are some interviews with schmidt. and no, it being "better for the user" from their position is not enough to break the law).
    So they will pay, and they already know why they have to pay.

Flash is also widely used and considered the cancer of the internet.
    By whom? Definitely not by content creators, as it is the only way to create sophisticated interactive web pages so far.

Deleted
    Flash is also widely used and considered the cancer of the internet. You sure have a weird logic to your argument. "Everyone's doing it, so it must be great!" Btw, you need to learn to read properly. All of those articles describe specific problems with ActiveX and how it can be exploited.
    Yeah but withouth active X and Flash you wouldn't have much of an internet (then).

- - - Updated - - -

By whom? Definitely not by content creators, as it is the only way to create sophisticated interactive web pages so far.
    From a debugging perspective, its cancer.
    It causes shitloads of problems.

All of those articles describe specific problems with ActiveX and how it can be exploited.
    None of those articles deals with problems specific to ActiveX only. Moreover, ActiveX is another level of security to the alternative, the user downloading and running standalone software.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Yeah but withouth active X and Flash you wouldn't have much of an internet (then).

- - - Updated - - -

From a debugging perspective, its cancer.
    It causes shitloads of problems.
    I know, I'm not saying ActiveX and Flash don't have their advantages and helped the internet grow to what it is now. But they should die a painful and slow death now with html5.

- - - Updated - - -

None of those articles deals with problems specific to ActiveX only. Moreover, ActiveX is another level of security to the alternative, the user downloading and running standalone software.
    Yes, because the internet is more secure than me running standalone software... :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.