Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Guilds have no identity in WoW

Something that has bothered me for a while is that Guilds lack any sense of identity in WoW. I'm talking in-game of course, not looking up guilds on external sites on Wow-progress.

The only sense of identity a guild has aside from its members and member ranks and the guild icon when you open the guild tab.... that's literally it. How utterly boring. Each of my toons are in a different guild and it doesn't even feel like they are, since there is ZERO guild identity in the game.

Since they removed guild levels, there hasn't been anything special about being in a guild to be honest.

I would love to see more focus on building a guild community next expansion. Something that makes each and every guild distinct and unique. Perhaps different guilds have the option of choosing a buff that members that that effect gameplay or something. Perhaps a zoned guild hangout lounge that is customizable and unique with building options.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

I understand what your saying. I would like to see that also.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could tie pvp in pretty easily as well.
    GvG RBGS and the weekly winners get their name + standard in the capital cities in their battle group.

Now that you mention this... How long has it since they've done anything to make guilds better or added anything other that some achievement mount..

I seem to recall Blizz hinting at new guild stuff coming, and wouldn't a new expansion be a perfect chance? With their accelerated pace of content, especially supportive things like the Chromie Scenario and whatnot, I can see it happening in 8.0.

The identity is made by the players within the guild. If there's nothing there then you only have yourselves to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    The identity is made by the players within the guild. If there's nothing there then you only have yourselves to blame.
    He means there aren't any guild features.

Even runescape has more guild features than WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    He means there aren't any guild features.

Even runescape has more guild features than WoW.
    I'm sorry, when did you become the voice of this poster?

I'm sorry, when did you become the voice of this poster?
    Since reading his post and deciding to contribute to the threads discussion, as most people do on forums? You seem to have missed on some crucial points he made.

Did you have nothing useful to say? Then again what you said before wasn't useful at all either.

Guess you just post useless things.

Since reading his post? You seem to have missed on some crucial points he made.

Did you have nothing useful to say?
    At least quote me if you're going to "respond" to me. I didn't miss any crucial points he made, what you're referring to are some suggestions he made but that wasn't the point he made. Perhaps next time you should think twice before speaking on someone else's behalf.

Oh I see. Double post with an edit. Nice.

Guild levels were cool for one expansion, until every guild got to level 25 and completely obsoleted any reason to create a new guild, because that grind was not fun.

Blizzard could implement some sort of UI that shows what guilds got server first for different boss kills, server first for various achievements (glory of raider, first to have all classes reach max, etc) or being able to search for guilds based off of acheivements and/or sortable by how old the guild is. It would be cool if there was some sort of badge or way to signify and show off that a guild actually has been around for 10+ years
    If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole.

At least quote me if you're going to "respond" to me. I didn't miss any crucial points he made, what you're referring to are some suggestions he made but that wasn't the point he made. Perhaps next time you should think twice before speaking on someone else's behalf.

Oh I see. Double post with an edit. Nice.
    You just posted something useless again. You don't seem to contribute much.

You just posted something useless again.
    Because this post and your other post contribute so much, right?

Because this post and your other post contribute so much, right?
    Oh I checked your post history just now, absolutely nothing that contributes actual discussion. Just pointless aggressive snapping at people. Cool.

Have fun pointlessly forum venting at people I guess.

Hope whatever is happening irl making you be aggressive online gets sorted out.

Oh I checked your post history just now, absolutely nothing that contributes actual discussion. Just pointless aggressive snapping at people. Cool.
    You're trying so hard to attack me that I can't help but feel a little amused. Keep going, I want to see what you do next.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    These "guild housing" things are so lame. They are reduced to 3 or 2 players controlling the design. IMO it's not good development time spent. Also, Blizzard can't do player house right. They tried it in WoD, applied some Warcraft-flavour, and then I got stuck into some weird questing hub for a expansion.

10+ Year Old Account

Have fun pointlessly forum venting at people I guess.

Hope whatever is happening irl making you be aggressive online gets sorted out.
    You're trying so hard to attack me that I can't help but feel a little amused. Keep going, I want to see what you do next.
    The two of you need to take this private or let it go. It's off-topic and derailing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    These "guild housing" things are so lame. They are reduced to 3 or 2 players controlling the design. IMO it's not good development time spent. Also, Blizzard can't do player house right. They tried it in WoD, applied some Warcraft-flavour, and then I got stuck into some weird questing hub for a expansion.
    If that was an attempt at player housing it was the poorest one I've ever seen. No actual house, no way to actually customize it, only two sets of decorations for two holidays, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Something that has bothered me for a while is that Guilds lack any sense of identity in WoW. I'm talking in-game of course, not looking up guilds on external sites on Wow-progress.

The only sense of identity a guild has aside from its members and member ranks and the guild icon when you open the guild tab.... that's literally it. How utterly boring. Each of my toons are in a different guild and it doesn't even feel like they are, since there is ZERO guild identity in the game.

Since they removed guild levels, there hasn't been anything special about being in a guild to be honest.

I would love to see more focus on building a guild community next expansion. Something that makes each and every guild distinct and unique. Perhaps different guilds have the option of choosing a buff that members that that effect gameplay or something. Perhaps a zoned guild hangout lounge that is customizable and unique with building options.
    going by this logic, guilds were completely meaningless in any expansion before cataclysm including classic WoW, but that cant be right. considering that if you weren't in a decent guild you weren't killing rag, clearing black temple or killing heroic lich king. so if those guilds were meaningless, then by extension all of the feats they accomplished together were also meaningless and making virtually the entire game meaningless. perks dont make a guild special, the people in it do. the fact of the matter is, perks were taken away because they detracted from that. a guild is simply a group of friends trying to accomplish a common goal, it doesn't need to be bedazzled with special perks. your simply complaining for the sake of complaining at this point.
    Last edited by globenstine; 2017-06-27 at 03:57 AM.

Vanguard did player housing right.

Guild houses in the real world. You'd fly by and say shit that castle looks amazing and go take a look. Wow's devs are old fogeys for ignoring this feature
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"