Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Exclamation 7.2.5 hidden change: All mobs on Broken Isles got a secret 40% health/damage boost

I am feeling very frustrated so I registered an account to post here. This is what I find as I was leveling new characters.

I went back to check the database. For example, in 7.0 the spirit moose only had 1.5m health when I first tamed it. Now it has more than 2m.

I understand that we got some new cool artifact traits. But those traits only give us a ~20% damage boost and it takes more than a week to unlock all of them. But now I face mobs which got a 40% health/damage boost and I am feeling that what the devs gave us was just a lie.

Now every mob in the world, dungeon and raid is stronger and we are relatively weaker after we spend so many weeks to max out the artifact traits. This is really frustrating!

This is far worse than scaling the mobs with ilvls. Previously only those hardcore players got punished. Now everyone gets punished for playing this game.

Worst experience ever in my WoW lifetime.
    Last edited by tomcling; 2017-06-27 at 11:53 PM.

Yeah they definitely gave them an increase. I noticed it right away when I was no longer melting every single rare on the island... but I dunno I mean when the Broken Shore even came out it was obseleted by the gear we had. That's not what they had intended.

Oh noooo you have to put a little more effort into leveling... Christ

You should not be able to kill a normal mob in a matter of globals. Any change they make to toughen up mobs is good. I honestly don't remember the last time I died, or was even in relative danger of dying, from regular solo gameplay (that didn't involve PvP or my own stupidity from falling, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is such a problem that my 878 frost mage who hit 110 like 5 days ago takes TWO globals to kill something instead of one!

So I'll chain pull almost all of the mobs in range instead of all?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    If they weren't so retarded they would make mobs scale with iLevel. I levelled a new toon and trying to kill shit at 110 on a fresh toon is insanely hard.
    Whats the point of ilvl then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    If they weren't so retarded they would make mobs scale with iLevel. I levelled a new toon and trying to kill shit at 110 on a fresh toon is insanely hard.
    They did make it scale with ilvl. Just not very much because all the forums erupted with hate for the system in 7.2 when they did it

Quote Originally Posted by DoopDeDoo View Post
    Oh noooo you have to put a little more effort into leveling... Christ
    Yeah, who the fuck wants gearing to be a system in an MMO? Why the hell would you want your time spent gearing to make you stronger and do things faster?

Hell, if they keep this shit up just remove gear at this point. Give us a cosmetic only system and let go of pesky gearing, because there is absolutely NO FUCKING REASON to keep gear in the game if they're just going to scale mobs up to offset and nullify every ounce of power we gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Magally View Post
    Yeah, who the fuck wants gearing to be a system in an MMO? Why the hell would you want your time spent gearing to make you stronger and do things faster?

Hell, if they keep this shit up just remove gear at this point. Give us a cosmetic only system and let go of pesky gearing, because there is absolutely NO FUCKING REASON to keep gear in the game if they're just going to scale mobs up to offset and nullify every ounce of power we gain.
    You seem a little slow, so I will explain to you how it works.

In leveling, it's a bit wonky, but has been since the start. Everything stays the same difficulty, but that's something that has to come with level scaling, and freedom to level in any zone.

But once max level, when you gain gear, you are still outgearing the mobs. You still become stronger, and you still do things faster. We were scaling too fast, one shotting "boss" world quest mobs. So all they did, was slow the scaling. To a more appropriate speed, like every other expansion had.

Our speed of progression, and outgearing mobs, clearing things faster, is the same as every other expansion beforehand. The only difference is, because we were scaling way too fast, way faster than any other xpac, they had to step in and slow it down, back in line of prior expansions.

Understand now?

5+ Year Old Account
    Why does the hop in power have to be so massive between expacs or even tiers? Right now I can pretty much solo heroics with crafted, LFR and WQ gear and I am not especially skilled at the game. Imagine trying to solo a heroic back in BC with entry level raid gear from kara and quest gear. You'd probably get gibbed or at least have a hard time. Also Kara lasted all through BC, but in WoD the ilvl increase between tiers was so high that HM was rendered irrelevant just 1/2 or 3/4 through the expac. Legion has been out less than a year and today I am getting LFR gear in Tomb with an ilvl to match that of Mythic Emerald Nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Teraparte View Post
    Why does the hop in power have to be so massive between expacs or even tiers? Right now I can pretty much solo heroics with crafted, LFR and WQ gear and I am not especially skilled at the game. Imagine trying to solo a heroic back in BC with entry level raid gear from kara and quest gear. You'd probably get gibbed or at least have a hard time. Also Kara lasted all through BC, but in WoD the ilvl increase between tiers was so high that HM was rendered irrelevant just 1/2 or 3/4 through the expac. Legion has been out less than a year and today I am getting LFR gear in Tomb with an ilvl to match that of Mythic Emerald Nightmare.
    Four raiding levels, LFR, NM, HC and Mythic, plus you have WF/TF possible on every item being dropped. They need to have a power difference between the difficulties be worth it for the harder content. If LFR dropped 885, NM 890, HC 895 and Mythic 900, it just wouldn't be worth the extra effort that you need to put in to the harder content with such a small power increase, especially when you have WF/TF.

In the same vein, you can't have LFR drop 860, while NM jumps to 900, HC 920 and Mythic 940, the forums will explode screaming unfairness.
    Last edited by transparent; 2017-06-28 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraparte View Post
    Because stats in wow scale exponentially with ilevel, not linearly.

I.e the difference between someone at 900 ilevel vs. 920 ilevel is MUCH greater than the difference between someone in 860 ilevel vs. 880 even though the ilevel difference is the same.

I don't know about this, but yesterday i tried playing my fresh 110 mage that i lvled early in legion. His ilvl is like 810 or something like that. It felt like i was playing vanilla, having to eat after almost every mob because they would bring me down to 40% or lower. Would be easier if i played frost with all the cc and slows, but i can't stand frost.

I don't mind it tbh, but i don't remember having such issues early in the expansion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by transparent View Post
    Four raiding levels, LFR, NM, HC and Mythic, plus you have WF/TF possible on every item being dropped. They need to have a power difference between the difficulties be worth it for the harder content. If LFR dropped 885, NM 890, HC 895 and Mythic 900, it just wouldn't be worth the extra effort that you need to put in to the harder content with such a small power increase, especially when you have WF/TF.

In the same vein, you can't have LFR drop 860, while NM jumps to 900, HC 920 and Mythic 940, the forums will explode screaming unfairness.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Because stats in wow scale exponentially with ilevel, not linearly.

I.e the difference between someone at 900 ilevel vs. 920 ilevel is MUCH greater than the difference between someone in 860 ilevel vs. 880 even though the ilevel difference is the same.

Thank you for the responses you two. Makes sense. Kinda stinks it's like that though. Content nowadays just seems so much more perishable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Our speed of progression, and outgearing mobs, clearing things faster, is the same as every other expansion beforehand. The only difference is, because we were scaling way too fast, way faster than any other xpac, they had to step in and slow it down, back in line of prior expansions.
    Well, the scaling issue should have been fairly predictable, since they had pretty much the exact same problem during Wrath of the Lich King. With all these different ilevels every tier, the difference between the ilevel of high-level raid gear of one round of content and the low-)level raid gear of the next round is incredibly large, leading to this way-too-fast scaling.

I'm not gonna go propose solutions to this problem, since this isn't the place to do so, but Blizzard absolutely should have seen this coming.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting this is that if it such an issue the tone of replies on the Blizz forums is totally different there is no major hoohaa about it at the moment..

Quote Originally Posted by tomcling View Post
    That's very delightful to hear.
    @Topic: I haven't been playing in the last days, so I haven't noticed anything yet, but if they indeed increased mob health: very good. The resistance from monsters in this game is largely so absolutely banal and insignificant that at times, it's becoming hard to even classify the whole thing as a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcling View Post
    I am feeling very frustrated so I registered an account to post here. This is what I find as I was leveling new characters.

I went back to check the database. For example, in 7.0 the spirit moose only had 1.5m health when I first tamed it. Now it has more than 2m.

I understand that we got some new cool artifact traits. But those traits only give us a ~20% damage boost and it takes more than a week to unlock all of them. But now I face mobs which got a 40% health/damage boost and I am feeling that what the devs gave us was just a lie.

Now every mob in the world, dungeon and raid is stronger and we are relatively weaker after we spend so many weeks to max out the artifact traits. This is really frustrating!

This is far worse than scaling the mobs with ilvls. Previously only those hardcore players got punished. Now everyone gets punished for playing this game.

Is this true?

Sweet, about time, was needed!

It was starting to turn dull when things wasn't a danger.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Yeah, I noticed at least some mobs suddenly taking (a bit) longer to take down.

Not that it matters too much I guess since people are running around with 900+ item level gear and BiS legendaries by now, one shotting stuff everywhere.