Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Argus the unmaker might not even be the last boss in the raid, they could be holding another 1-2 bosses back for all we know. It's something they can easily patch in later on. I don't think they've ever done that in the past, but they've done a lot of new stuff in this expansion so I can see it happening. ( I do think this was done with Ra'den)

The only way I can see Sargeras surviving / not being the final boss is if they've made a the pawn of the void, which in itself would be a waste of his character. They've previously said that N'zoth was strong enough to corrupt Sargeras, so if N'zoth had the ability to reach that far then that's the only solution.

I am seeing a lot of void influence in the raid itself so that seems to be the only possible solution. Guess we'll just have to wait and see who's right, I assume we'll receive more info this month.

I dont see why would we want to redeem sargeras.

Just kill the poof fuck*r and be done with it.

They might do a solo raid just for him. I am hoping he shows up and just strait up murders half of us and its a mad dash to escape from him either going through a random portal/ship warping away. Using the pillers of creation to slam the gateway Illidan made closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    No, that's not the Legion. That's the void.
    It's light against dark.
    Got it, thanks for clearing that up for me . Had that impression due to the tie-in with Varian's letter at the time of his defeat to the Burning Legion at the Broken Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If anyone else ends up being the last boss that'd make this entire expansion pointless. We're supposed to be ending the legion, not putting them back in a cupboard for some later expansion. Kil'jaeden is dead for fuck sake. There's not many notable Legion commanders left.
    +1 billion here. Still can't express all of my disappointment with that "Argus the Funmaker" popping out of nowhere to become the last boss of the raid and probably the expansion. It'd be as dumb as LK leaving Saurfang Jr. in charge of the Icecrown and go away. Or Ultraxion left instead of Deathwing because "he's too stronk for you!" Okay, face the "ultimate creation" and gtfo, dear players, you have had enough.
    Hell, everyone was talking about "defeat the fallen titan", every second demon yelled about "master" and "destroyer" all the expansion long, and what we have in the end? Big damn noname?
    I do really hope that ANtorus is NOT the final raid and there will be another patch event when Sargeras finally arrives. Or else it will be just the worst expansion ending in WoW ever.
    Also, can that be truth that we are rescuing all the Pantheon's spirits to beat some noname boss? I hope they are here to channel their remaining power into US so that we would be able to hold ground against Sargeras.
    Last edited by Explorer; 2017-07-01 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    Argus the unmaker might not even be the last boss in the raid, they could be holding another 1-2 bosses back for all we know. It's something they can easily patch in later on. I don't think they've ever done that in the past, but they've done a lot of new stuff in this expansion so I can see it happening. ( I do think this was done with Ra'den)

The only way I can see Sargeras surviving / not being the final boss is if they've made a the pawn of the void, which in itself would be a waste of his character. They've previously said that N'zoth was strong enough to corrupt Sargeras, so if N'zoth had the ability to reach that far then that's the only solution.

I am seeing a lot of void influence in the raid itself so that seems to be the only possible solution. Guess we'll just have to wait and see who's right, I assume we'll receive more info this month.
    If anything, they could make Sargeras himself a Mythic boss.

But, i'd love it if they kept that BS for 7.4.

That is..if there IS a 7.4, which is something that I hope would be the case.

I'm thinking it would be most awesome if we dismantled the Legion once and for all in 7.3, and 7.3.5, but then 7.4 is a Ruby Sanctum style extra raid tier with no more than 3 bosses,

And it's based in the non-physical-plane that Sargeras and the Titans reside(d) in.. I'm imagining it like a Firey/Nether-twisted version of wherever the Pantheon is in this picture:

Perhaps a Constellar boss like Algalon, and then as we come, we bring Void/Old God dark magics with us and allow for a surprise appearance from a manifestation of a Void Lord, in which our big Firey guy comes and finishes the job before we fight him.
    I don't think this will happen, but it's my offshoot guess based on some 7.3 models and wheres the story going for the end.

However, with Antoras, The Burning Throne being called.. The Burning THRONE. It makes it seems like that's where we fight the leader of the Legion. Making me think Argus the Unmaker is placeholder/additional or Illidan(Sargeras) is the final boss. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    There is literally no argument or suggestion that he is going to be the final boss, apart from people "feeling" that he should die there because legion story should be "closed" for good.
    Which is a legit and powerful argument :P?

There will literally be no legion for sargeras to command after this expansion.

Archimonde is dead (according to blizz). Kil'jaeden is dead. Other big legion names are dead. Both gul'dans are dead. We cleared the tomb of sargeras. Now we're about to storm their base of operations, Argus.

We've already faced the legion countless times and blizzard was always pointing out how this is the biggest and more badass invasion to date. There'll be no more invasions happening. The legion's story is simply ending with this expac.

Maybe we won't kill or fight Sargeras due to him being way to powerful. Maybe he will die some other way (old gods or something) or maybe the highly unlikely happens and he joins us against the void lords. Maybe something completely different and unexpected happens. But Sargera's time as a villain that we have to worry about is definately coming to a close at the end of the xpac.

No it won't.

Judging by what Ion Hazzikostas said in the interview with Jesse Cox and crendor, we as the heroes of Azeroth are not powerful enough yet to stand against a titan much less a Void Lord.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2017-07-03 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    What if we "redeem" Sargeras instead of killing him? What if we show him that the world souls he always feared would be corrupted by the Void Lords can be saved? Maybe he will understand that he was wrong all along and actually joins us in the fight against the Void Lords in the next expansion? It's far fetched, I know, but I don't think it's completely out of the question.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    So...at this rate...a Sargeras fight is LIKELY....
    "Look, I know we haven't datamined anything relating to Sargeras yet. I also know that there's been no mention of him having any large role to play on the PTR. I also know that Metzen stated that the developers weren't sure if Sargeras would ever be in game during the MoP launch Q&A portion. However, Sargeras is the most likely to be the final boss because the remaining Old God and Void Lords, with their lack of story, are just too cool for school and really need to be the only focus of the game from hereon out."

Remember the time, when people thought that Kil'jaeden would be the last boss?

Mmm...

"Remember the time people thought that X would be the last boss? Therefore, I'm right."
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    "Look, I know we haven't datamined anything relating to Sargeras yet. I also know that there's been no mention of him having any large role to play on the PTR. I also know that Metzen stated that the developers weren't sure if Sargeras would ever be in game during the MoP launch Q&A portion. However, Sargeras is the most likely to be the final boss because the remaining Old God and Void Lords, with their lack of story, are just too cool for school and really need to be the only focus of the game from hereon out."

"Remember the time people thought that X would be the last boss? Therefore, I'm right."

You do realize, that said post was quite a bit ago, right?

Besides, Sargeras IS datamined, but that's likely for a questline.

For example: http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=126010/sargeras-pantheon-igc

And, lastly, there's: http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=123332/young-sargeras

Deleted
    I think we won't fight Sargeras properly, if we do he will just toy with us, I mean he can cleave planets in half and wipe out the pantheon, I don't think it would make sense for us to fight Sargeras in titan form. He may face another avatar or a severely weakened Sargeras /soul of Sargeras.

My idea is, Sargeras is in a weakened state for some reason, either weakened body or its just his soul inside argus like others have predicted. The void is launching a huge assault on argus because Sargeras is in a state that can be corrupted. We fight Sargeras and weaken him a bit more, and then bam, void titan.

We know Sargeras has possessed Medivh before.

We know Guldan wanted to use Illidan for Sargeras to return.

It failed.

And now, from a narrative standpoint, the worst needs to happen, and therefore Sargeras will hopefully still possess Illidan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post

You do realize, that said post was quite a bit ago, right?

Besides, Sargeras IS datamined, but that's likely for a questline.

For example: http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=126010/sargeras-pantheon-igc

And, lastly, there's: http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=123332/young-sargeras
    It's day 3 and I'm hopped up on redbull and 8-hour energy drinks. Ya'll can leave me alone with your reasonable objections based on fancy dates and times.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief