Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Is the labeling that clear with older expansions?

For example (totally made up):

inv_chest_leather_pandariaquest100_b_01 = MoP

inv_chest_leather_warlordsquest100_b_01 = WoD

Does other labeling exist that isn't specific for an expansion, rather a zone or scenario?

For example - inv_chest_leather_suramarquest100_b_01
    Perhaps they're labeled for expansions because the item repeats itself throughout several quests. It would be cluttery to have multiple labels. But if they have a specific drop zone like a raid for example (think Tusks of Mannoroth) then I assume it'd be named something like inv_tusks_garrosh_b_01

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Very true. He also should have gotten mastery over Shaman powers and Void powers along with profiency in every single weapon and absorbed the Pantheons power so every single other character would become redundant!
    i like how people like you always complain about the illidan vision when the vision clearly stated that illidan was but one of many, you guys always make it out to seem like illidan was prophesized to be space jesus when he was simply one of many champions, the vision presented more the idea that EVERYBODY would be pseudo paladins not that illidan was king of all paladins
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i like how people like you always complain about the illidan vision when the vision clearly stated that illidan was but one of many, you guys always make it out to seem like illidan was prophesized to be space jesus when he was simply one of many champions, the vision presented more the idea that EVERYBODY would be pseudo paladins not that illidan was king of all paladins
    also, given xe'ra's treatment of alleria, it's possible this was just her personal idealized "vision" of how the battle should go.

she seems manipulative to a degree. like she probably demands total loyalty and everything must be done her way.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Uhhh, nowhere does it imply that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am now thinking that they allowed the end of the expansion to leak to such an overwhelming extent because they plan to announce the next expansion on Gamescom. I thought it wouldn't really be possible to do so earlier because it would spoil the expansion end but now that's pretty much moot
    i mean, this is only ptr. it's not exactly widely known. i doubt most people that play the game know all of the stuff we know.

i'm betting on a blizzcon reveal, maybe a gamescom tease. could be wrong of course, never know.

I am now thinking that they allowed the end of the expansion to leak to such an overwhelming extent because they plan to announce the next expansion on Gamescom. I thought it wouldn't really be possible to do so earlier because it would spoil the expansion end but now that's pretty much moot
    Don't think it's gonna be at Gamescom.

They only did Legion at Gamescom because WoD was bombing so hard that they had to do something.

except it does, "a legion of light" "A champion" not "the champion" the naaru says everyone must unite in one army of light.

illidan is but one of many, it implies everyone will become one with the light in order to fight the void.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    So, I guess the "Price to Pay" is going to be his time as babysitter of the Pantheon.

the whole alleria being a void hunter, Sylvanas a dark ranger and vereesa a hunter that mostly use frost arrows (afaik) is just a way to introduce the next class.

We currently only have one ranged class that uses bows/guns/crossbows ...

also the dialogue where Alleria says she will need her bow back someday pretty much tells us that we will lose our artefact weapons.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    the whole alleria being a void hunter, Sylvanas a dark ranger and vereesa a hunter that mostly use frost arrows (afaik) is just a way to introduce the next class.

also the dialogue where Alleria says she will need her bow back someday pretty much tells us that we will lose our artefact weapons.
    We knew that we would lose our current artifact weapons since before legion came out tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember, don't trust novels.

/chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Kul Tiras gear could just be a transmog thing.

Maybe it opens up in 7.35 and we go do a scenario thing like "deaths of chromie", but its now with Jaina (or someone) and your doing something in Kul Tiras. You progress through it like you do with Chromie and eventually can unlock transmog gear (ie the sets datamined) like the Chromie thing.

Also it's pretty strange they literally have maps on the armor. Like Blizzard knew it would be data mined and was messing with people.

It worked.

What actually ties Kul Tiras to south seas stuff? Why can't it exist independently?
    This kind of reminds me of how new races are leaked every expansion thanks to datamined Hallow's End masks

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    why did he want Illidans body then in Nighthold ?
    As others have stated, Sargeras wanted an avatar of his will on Azeroth. This an approach he has taken before. It's confirmed in Chronicle that the avatar he sent to Azeroth in the past, also contained only a sliver of his spirit, which inhabited Aegwynn and Medivh. Sargeras is very interested in having powerful hosts for his will on Azeroth, and has gone to great lengths for it before.

It's stated that Sargeras is far from Azeroth, and that it would take ages for his actual body to get here. So him seeking short-cuts to get at least a portion of himself present here is a big theme throughout Warcraft's lore. If Azeroth falls to corruption, or awakens, it would pretty much destroy all Sargeras has worked for, so it's a big deal to him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    whats this about ?
    argus
    /10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

Doubt we'll get a new class next expansion with DH already introduced. If anything, from other speeches, probably new races. Nightborne for the Horde, maybe the Stormheim people for Alliance? I dunno about the Alliance. Just tossing it in the dark.

I'm really liking that you upgrade the Vindicaar with stuff you get during questlines. Upgrades you unlock let you choose one to use as a Garrison Ability on Argus. The first are a Light Cannon and a Light Mech Suit. I just uncovered a third upgrade.

I found a quest not marked on the map in the field south of the Xenedar, that leads to you translating Legion reports. You find out the Legion plans to free an immortal demon locked up in Arcatraz! You're sent to the Arcatraz, to stop them, and get to see the current state of things there, with the Legion invading and interacting with their environment. Which is great!

Avoiding too many spoilers, in the end you find out why the demon was effectively immortal and can unlock a ship upgrade that lets you self-res.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, sounds like Demon Hunters ultimately reveal their final purpose. Can't say it doesn't make sense.

Guess playable Demon Hunters will be spared from that, given how canonically there should be only one playable Demon Hunter (I guess). Illidan will just look at you saying "You man, you proved your worth. Fuck around and do good".
    I'm pretty sure it was referring to the Titans. I see no specific mentions of other Demon Hunters there. But there is a mention of the Titans being the ones that have to sever Argus' connection to whatever (Sargeras, probably) and then about (probably still referring to Titans) their final act.

Macemoon it was.
    FIFY

To be fair, Cairne's attempt of killing Garrosh was perfectly in line with the rules decided by Garrosh himself. You can blame the challenge itself, though (which didn't involve murderous intentions at least, just the desire to strip the Warchief title from Garrosh).
    I was referring more to his mentality behind the challenge. I.e. he was willing to jump to idiotic conclusions that weren't particularly pro-Horde just because of his dislike for Garrosh. While not the same thing as Vol'jin indeed wanting to leave the Horde over a single idiot, it's still somewhere in that zone IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Doubt we'll get a new class next expansion with DH already introduced. If anything, from other speeches, probably new races. Nightborne for the Horde, maybe the Stormheim people for Alliance? I dunno about the Alliance. Just tossing it in the dark.
    I doubt we'll get elves in any form other than subraces again. Nightborne would mostly just be Blood Elves all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    the guy had literally a shitty life and he deserves a good ending not this shit bliz is giving us, shit man why people hate him so much, i mean come on. And how u know he will come out as thrall maybe he wouldnt have, anyway i quit wow after this i mean i cant stand watching this, if u bring a character back to life because fan ask about it keep him in lore u idiot
    Why exactly does she deserve a good ending? Shitty life is not a justification. and whatever could be the reason for people hating on her? Iunno, maybe the fact she was retconned into the story so that Blizz could sell more copies of Legion. Maybe because a random Night Elf mongrel is the key to stopping the strongest adult Titan and the entire Legion. Because she's Teh Chosen One, which is the shittiest trope in existence.

people came back to legion for illidan u know, now that they make him go away again u think they will stay? He is not a mary sue far from it this is why i am asking why people hate him, he had shitty life while mary sues are those characters that are perfect in every way, illidan is perfect are u kidding me? he has flaws and that is why he is an old time favourite, maybe u should stop using that word till u know what a mary sue really is
    Yeah, no. Mary Sues often have dark and troubled past trope to make the character even more special. So gotta lol at the part in bold. And what flaws does Kerrilldank-heika have in Legion, exactly? Everything shitty she has ever done has been whitewashed in her book and Xe'ra's quests. She opens up a risky portal between Argus and Azeroth without even telling her allies, risking everything after we spent months closing all the portals? It magically leads to a victory, even though from the 7.3 spoilers it's apparent the victory hinges on the souls of the other Titans, that no one fucking knew were even there.

omg u really are clueless, so u have never seen a light user that wasnt a complete saint? Illidan as a paladin would have become a mary sue, yeah right, just say u dont like the character in general, u are probably a malfurion fan. If illidan does use the light in the future it will be for his own gain and for his homeworld, nothing else. This is illidan we are talking about, I hope he does become a paladin i really do, because he deserves peace more than any other character in the lore
    Apparently this is what good writing looks like /s And @Makorus mentioned Med'an for a reason. There's a reason why he gets most shit for being a shamegadin and not other aspects of his story. Kerrilldank-heika being a DH-Mage-Paladin suffers from the same thing. And there's a difference between general Light users, who may or may not be complete saints, and Kerrilldank-heika, who already is a saint, child of the prophecy, bestest thing since sliced bread and savior of the fucking universe. And yeah, a mad tyrant who enslaved an entire world totes legit deserves peace more than any other character in the lore. After all, the monumental difference between him and the Legion, by his own admission, is that he will stop at nothing to save one planet from the Legion, while the Legion will stop at nothing to save the universe from the Void. You go gurl, get that peace you so madly deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Might get the reveal trailer at gamescom, then they actually save most in depth details for Blizzcon.