Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I would like to see rommath and the magister take control of at least Mechanar
    I dislike the idea of the Blood Elves getting so much more power as a single faction, not even talking about them as part of the Horde.

And the only reason I am okay with the Draenei appearing so powerful in this patch is because they've literally been shit on in every single appearance since their introduction. Even in Warlords of Draenor, when they're far more technologically superior than their MU counterparts, they still get smashed.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-13 at 06:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So playable ethereal next Exp?

I am loving 7.3, but I am a little disappointed with the Army of Light. This is supposed to be an army with survivors of hundreds of worlds, banding together to stop the Legion. 1 elf, 1 human, 1 dreadlord and 100 Draenei is all we got. It's not even explained where these Draenei came from. They could have at least put an Ethereal in there, and perhaps a purified wyrmtongue or something. Should've been easy enough.

I'm not asking for a Light Pit Lord or anything (though how awesome would -that- have been?), but something to show this is an army of Legion survivors banded together from across the cosmos, would have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I dislike the idea of the Blood Elves getting so much more power as a single faction, not even talking about them as part of the Horde.

And the only reason I am okay with the Draenei appearing so powerful in this patch is because they've literally been shit on in every single appearance since their introduction. Even in Warlords of Draenor, when they're far more technologically superior than their MU counterparts, they still get smashed.
    it's not that i have a problem with them having a lot of power, i don't think they should control it because it feels like a slight towards the draenei.

the evil blood elves of kael'thas are the ones that controlled it before, and they killed draenei, even followed them back to azeroth to do it. with the redemption at sunwell with velen and liadrin, the animosity and hatred between the two races have subsided. them keeping something that belonged to the draenei, given by the naaru, something they stole through killing in service to the legion, that's not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's not that i have a problem with them having a lot of power, i don't think they should control it because it feels like a slight towards the draenei.

the evil blood elves of kael'thas are the ones that controlled it before, and they killed draenei, even followed them back to azeroth to do it. with the redemption at sunwell with velen and liadrin, the animosity and hatred between the two races have subsided. them keeping something that belonged to the draenei, given by the naaru, something they stole through killing in service to the legion, that's not cool.
    Exactly. Blood Elves spiting the Draenei began and ended with Kael'thas' forces imo.

Frankly they should be kissing Velen's ass for all of eternity for reigniting the Sunwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Not only is Decimatus literally a newborn Void creature but you also have Drek'thar (Who has become a pretty powerful shaman pretty quickly) or Nobundo, who is a Paladin, helping you.

I really, really don't get the point here. You're attributing arbitrary factors to be upset about something. I guess that's your prerogative but it makes no sense to me.
    M'uru was also a "newborn Void creature" during his encounter, as he starts as a darkened Naaru defended by Shadowsword Fel Elves in SWP, and becomes Entropius at the mid-point of the encounter. Given that there's no real info that puts M'uru as greater or powerful than K'ure, and discounting level as a factor, the fact that Entropius can (and did) decimate entire armies of PC's in the raid and that Decimatus is put down swiftly by 3 individuals is kind of odd.

I'm also not upset - my original response was meant essentially in jest. Decimatus is far from the only powerful kind of creature to suffer from this kind of effect, with power levels of a given type of being fluctuating wildly within the narrative's demands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I am loving 7.3, but I am a little disappointed with the Army of Light. This is supposed to be an army with survivors of hundreds of worlds, banding together to stop the Legion. 1 elf, 1 human, 1 dreadlord and 100 Draenei is all we got. It's not even explained where these Draenei came from. They could have at least put an Ethereal in there, and perhaps a purified wyrmtongue or something. Should've been easy enough.

I'm not asking for a Light Pit Lord or anything (though how awesome would -that- have been?), but something to show this is an army of Legion survivors banded together from across the cosmos, would have been great.
    I think the multi-racial "Army of the Light" seen by Velen is going to be the one that is pitted against the Void in the far future, not the one pitted against the Legion currently. Bit of a change from the previous depictions of it, unless this isn't quite the end of the Legion as far as the story is concerned.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

i don't consider raid power to be lore proof of power.

like i said earlier, some raid bosses are weaker than us.

also, some naaru are stronger than others. i assume their darkened and void state is no stronger than they were as a naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

like i said earlier, some raid bosses are weaker than us.

also, some naaru are stronger than others. i assume their darkened and void state is no stronger than they were as a naaru.
    Naaru are exceedingly powerful, though; from everything we've seen thus far of both their abilities and the abilities of their darkened or Void God counterparts. K'ara is able to unleash of a wave of Light that annihilates the more than a hundred Iron Horde soldiers attacking Karabor and extends out into the coast to sink their ships. Similarly, Entropius floods the area he is present in with Void energies that can swiftly kill the army of PC's set against him, not to mention tear open Void fissures that summon Voidwalker or Shadow-type beings that are nigh unkillable. I'm not saying specifically that being in a raid is what makes them powerful, either; it's simply that that's the first time we see the relative power of these entities - it sets a placement insofar as what they're capable of, which appears to be quite a lot.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think the multi-racial "Army of the Light" seen by Velen is going to be the one that is pitted against the Void in the far future, not the one pitted against the Legion currently. Bit of a change from the previous depictions of it, unless this isn't quite the end of the Legion as far as the story is concerned.
    Well to be honest in the Velen's short story it is never claimed that the Army of the Light is going to go against the Burning Legion. Here's what it says:

"And then a shadow fell.

It was vast and empty and swallowed all light that entered it. Velen knew it would be all consuming until, at last, it would turn and devour itself, endlessly gnawing on nothing in the Great Dark Beyond, removing all meaning from the universe, from the most heart-breaking sonata to the most arresting sunset. It was too terrible to see, to comprehend, and yet the army headed straight for it. And the light began to fade..."

It is possible that at the time Blizzard had intended for this to be referring to the Legion but if you ask me it sounds more like they're going against the Void.

Edit: It could also explain how both Anduin and Illidan are prophesied to lead the Army of the Light. Illidan leads it against the Legion and then later Anduin leads it against the Void.
    Last edited by mmoc568a11d25e; 2017-07-13 at 11:44 AM.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

You're 100% right. Where exactly are these Draenei from? Have no other species survived the Legion?

I can understand it from blizzard though, imagine if you threw in a couple of races to beef up the army of the light and then you get 5+ years of forum posting demanding them to be added as playable races?
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroGangster View Post
    Well to be honest in the Velen's short story it is never claimed that the Army of the Light is going to go against the Burning Legion. Here's what it says:

"And then a shadow fell.

It was vast and empty and swallowed all light that entered it. Velen knew it would be all consuming until, at last, it would turn and devour itself, endlessly gnawing on nothing in the Great Dark Beyond, removing all meaning from the universe, from the most heart-breaking sonata to the most arresting sunset. It was too terrible to see, to comprehend, and yet the army headed straight for it. And the light began to fade..."

It is possible that at the time Blizzard had intended for this to be referring to the Legion but if you ask me it sounds more like they're going against the Void.
    I think the time of the "Prophet's Lesson" is when the Army of the Light storyline pivoted more toward the Void than the Legion, yes. Originally, way back in TBC the Army of the Light was described in the "The Burning Crusade Townhall" article on the official site as:

The Legion chased the draenei for many thousands of years. The draenei visited many worlds and explored much of the known cosmos in their quest to find safe harbor. Still the Legion would not give up its pursuit. Meanwhile, the enigmatic naaru race blessed the draenei with Light-given knowledge and power. The naaru explained that there were other forces in the cosmos that would stand against the Burning Legion. One day the naaru would forge them into a single unstoppable army of the Light.
    Both statements are effectively true, though; as the Army of the Light we see in Legion still fulfills the Naaru's original statement - the denizens of Azeroth being the other forces in the cosmos that stand against the Legion. But the Army foreseen by Velen in "The Prophet's Lesson" like the one in the "Illidan" novel are quite likely the expanded force that will go to war with the Void.

Naaru are exceedingly powerful, though; from everything we've seen thus far of both their abilities and the abilities of their darkened or Void God counterparts. K'ara is able to unleash of a wave of Light that annihilates the more than a hundred Iron Horde soldiers attacking Karabor and extends out into the coast to sink their ships. Similarly, Entropius floods the area he is present in with Void energies that can swiftly kill the army of PC's set against him, not to mention tear open Void fissures that summon Voidwalker or Shadow-type beings that are nigh unkillable. I'm not saying specifically that being in a raid is what makes them powerful, either; it's simply that that's the first time we see the relative power of these entities - it sets a placement insofar as what they're capable of, which appears to be quite a lot.
    i just mean that it's perfectly possible for some naaru and void gods to be weak enough for the player to handle 1v1, like the one we take care of in alternate draenor.

then you got smaller ones like o'ros, we could have beaten him too, since he got instagibbed by the fel reaver we beat up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    i just mean that it's perfectly possible for some naaru and void gods to be weak enough for the player to handle 1v1, like the one we take care of in alternate draenor.

then you got smaller ones like o'ros, we could have beaten him too, since he got instagibbed by the fel reaver we beat up.
    I suppose so - O'ros was at least killed by an NPC that required a major faction leader (Velen) as well as multiple other leaders depending on your class to take down, but all in all it was pretty thorough kill on Rakeesh's part. Perhaps K'ure is a minor Naaru himself and so his Void God counterpart was not quite the same class of being as Entropius was.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Tbh, it really wasn't that fun to read!

If you had fun reading what I posted of all things, then...I suggest you go to you nearest doctor. Why? Cause, you might have King's disease! It's mainly caused by my cringe worthy stupidity! Cure it! D:
    you should take your own advice, for real.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    you should take your own advice, for real.
    Who's to say i'm not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm assuming the "Invasion" scenarios on the PTR are broken at the moment? The last few times I've ported into one I've wound up on Sholosh (the ice world) without a party, and while I can complete the first two objectives of the Scenario the ending boss-level mob crushed me in pretty short order.

But it is.

I mean Blizzard already said that most powerful enemy that we killed ourselves without any help was probably Ra-den.

I'm assuming the "Invasion" scenarios on the PTR are broken at the moment? The last few times I've ported into one I've wound up on Sholosh (the ice world) without a party, and while I can complete the first two objectives of the Scenario the ending boss-level mob crushed me in pretty short order.
    I had this same problem with the ice one. The blood world one did work for me.

As for the Army of the Light, it was described by Xera like this:
    "From the ashes of those ravaged worlds, survivors arose to stand against the demons. They became know as the Army of the Light."
    The Army of the Light also recruiting local races in the fight against the Legion is also mentioned when you go to meet with the Broken on Argus, if I recall correctly.

Hence my disappointment at not seeing more races among them.

Maiev noted that A'dal could destroy cities and mountains. I guess the Prime Naaru is even more powerful. Can Xe'ra be on par with Y'sharaj?

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Maiev noted that A'dal could destroy cities and mountains. I guess the Prime Naaru is even more powerful. Can Xe'ra be on par with Y'sharaj?
    That explains why she died so early, then.

Legion has Aggramar/Sargeras.

Sargeras >>>> Titans.

Titans >>> Old Gods.

Old Gods = Prime Naaru/Naaru!

Yet....Prime Naaru's can die by a simple demon assault, even without guys like Sargeras/Aggramar?

And, Xe'ra got wounded by a simple Legion weapon's blast?

Do you even Lore, Lore?