Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Tattoo doesn't always mean corrupting. Malfurion has lightning tattoo. Garroh had tattoo.
    I was referring more to their eyes and skin. Obviously those in contact with the Naaru seem to change. Could be that their goals are to 'purify' everything that doesn't agree with their morality.

Just food for thought. It'd be nice if something seemingly good ended up being bad in the end.

Also note I used 'corrupting' instead of corrupting. Corruption might not be the word for it, what I'm suggesting is that being in contact with the light for long periods of time affects someone physically and mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    There is a difference between claiming whatever power Leishen had left and "she had Aman'thuls power!"

it was never said in game she had Aman'thul's power. She took what remained from the Thunder'king's palace.
    That is literally what happened. It is in her staff. But hey, headcanon more as usual from you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Sometimes I genuinely think that being wrong causes you some sort of arousement. It's like you can't have enough of that.
    No more like people here seem to think their headcanon is real. Jaina's staff took the power. She wanted what Lei Shen had so the horde couldn't have it and drained whatever was in the room..... you know both the dais and the corpse on it.

Sometimes I think you and the crew are so stuck in your headcanon that you can't add up things that are physically present in the game and only want to look at 1 thing you see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    jaina doesnt have aman'thuls power, wrathion does. lei shen ATE ra'dens heart, which is what gave him that power, wrathion in turn ATE lei shens heart and stole his powers.

the staff is powerful but it doesnt contain aman'thuls essence, wrathion got that

- - - Updated - - -

that is what the light is, the light works for you as long as you do what you personally believe is right and do not doubt yourself, or, are not in control of your actions.

thats why the light does not leave the scarlet crusade, because despite being evil and insane they BELIEVE that they are right, so the light answers their call
    Jaina took the power before Wrathion got heart. At best he got MEMORIES. That's all we know that he got. If he got the power we would have seen him take a little more action than he had.

Hell here's the lines just to show you:

Wrathion eats the heart and goes into a trance.
    Wrathion says: Oh, I see them - a million, million worlds - glittering in their perfection - but one above all others - oh -
    A beacon of light surrounds Wrathion. He rises and speaks in a different tone...
    Wrathion says: WE HAVE FALLEN. WE MUST REBUILD THE FINAL TITAN. DO NOT FORGET.
    The light fades as Wrathion falls to the floor.
    Anduin Wrynn says: What are you trying to pull?
    Wrathion says: It is gone. I don't remember any of it. Oh! None of them remembered. The irony!
    Anduin Wrynn says: What are you talking about? I don't trust you.
    Wrathion says: You are wise not to.
    Wrathion says: Champion, I need time to..."digest" what I have learned. But soon, we will take action.

"What I learned" not "amg I gained power!!!!!"
    Last edited by purebalance; 2017-07-18 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    eh, if elune's anything like a light lord, she's stronger than a titan.

it'd just be that azeroth's now the biggest and prettiest of all the elune-looking people.
    Hmm! That made me think, what if our Azeroth-Titan are Elune? o: I know it ain't much of a spoiler but more of a theory, but could be worth to mention. I bet someone else have already mention it but here goes.

As you says, the Well of Eternity, did change the Dark Trolls to the Night Elves, more Hooman looking, and since all Titans are by standars human looking(Other way around but you know what I mean), That would explain why human and elves does sorta look like one an other, since Azeroth have influence the trolls to look more of titans. That would explain why Argus-Titan look sorta ish like a Draenei! Or well once again, the other way around, why the Draenei look like Argus!

And also perhaps Tyrande got a extra close connection to Azeroth-Titan and be able to hear her thoughts? That Tyrande is the actully one that can hear Azeroth-Titan or what she actully think is, ELUNE!

Also all the star constellation we have seen through instances, dungeons and raids that are connected to the Titans? Elunes whole deal ARE stars(Moon in this case but close enough), this would also connect closer to Azeroth-Titan and Elune! And who gave the power to the Dragons? That was the Titan-Keepers! They have power influence others aswell, but Ysera died! Aha! But Elune made her to a star constalation! WHICH Titans are all about! Thus "Elune" or as we truely know her as, Azeroth-Titan! Gave Ysera some peace thanks to the awesome titan powers!

AND Elune have always been portrayed as a female night elf, and Azeroth is a female Titan?! *GASP!* It all comes togather!

Or I am on a totally wrong track now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    No more like people here seem to think their headcanon is real. Jaina's staff took the power. She wanted what Lei Shen had so the horde couldn't have it and drained whatever was in the room..... you know both the dais and the corpse on it.

Sometimes I think you and the crew are so stuck in your headcanon that you can't add up things that are physically present in the game and only want to look at 1 thing you see.
    The irony and lack of self-awareness is shocking. If there's someone who pops up from nowhere and shoots bullets of headcanon left and right, as far as memory serves me, that's precisely you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32599/securing-a-future

Jaina did not drain Lei Shen. She drained the power source of the Throne of Thunder. The staff is placed at the dais he is powering up during intermissions, not anywhere on his body. Read the quest again.
    Also, in addition to this, right before Wrathion consumed Lei Shen's heart, he pointed out that it was filled with Titan's magic:
    Wrathion says: Ahh - the heart of a king. The powers of a God.
    Wrathion says: It is filled with Titan magic, the language of creation...
    Just because he wanted to figure out what he (unexpectedly) learned doesn't necessarily mean he didn't gain anything else. Getting the power was his goal ("Titan power that's mine by right. <Name>! Bring me the heart of the Thunder King. I will have it, and once it is mine, none will ever be able to resurrect him again."), Aman'thul's memories and possibly possession wasn't something Wrathion knew about.

Jaina's operation was based on a rumor that Lei Shen's source of power was in his palace. Given that he was the one who was powering the place and not the other way around, I think it's fair to assume that the rumor Jaina heard was probably wrong. She only gained the remnant of Lei Shen's power in his palace.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-07-18 at 02:09 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I more wonder if that it's located there because how the game was built. Players get the illusion that things can connect - like when you enter an elevator you get a cinematic or something that shows you going up but the reality is you haven't moved, the room for the elevator is just a walkway to the next area.

So basically Northrend though we believe is north of Kalimdor, it was actually built south of Kalimdor and how they 'flew up' to be in Silithus, which is why you get Fatigue to stop players exposing the inner workings. You can probably remember a few of those times players have jumped through areas like going into Zul'gurub and finding themselves in the newer areas of Darkshore.
    nah, that's not how it is in the actual world. this is a scenario where you specifically go to talk to magni and stuff. if you flew up and through the roof of this titan place in the actual world, you'd come out in wintergrasp.

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    Hmm! That made me think, what if our Azeroth-Titan are Elune? o: I know it ain't much of a spoiler but more of a theory, but could be worth to mention. I bet someone else have already mention it but here goes.

As you says, the Well of Eternity, did change the Dark Trolls to the Night Elves, more Hooman looking, and since all Titans are by standars human looking(Other way around but you know what I mean), That would explain why human and elves does sorta look like one an other, since Azeroth have influence the trolls to look more of titans. That would explain why Argus-Titan look sorta ish like a Draenei! Or well once again, the other way around, why the Draenei look like Argus!

And also perhaps Tyrande got a extra close connection to Azeroth-Titan and be able to hear her thoughts? That Tyrande is the actully one that can hear Azeroth-Titan or what she actully think is, ELUNE!

Also all the star constellation we have seen through instances, dungeons and raids that are connected to the Titans? Elunes whole deal ARE stars(Moon in this case but close enough), this would also connect closer to Azeroth-Titan and Elune! And who gave the power to the Dragons? That was the Titan-Keepers! They have power influence others aswell, but Ysera died! Aha! But Elune made her to a star constalation! WHICH Titans are all about! Thus "Elune" or as we truely know her as, Azeroth-Titan! Gave Ysera some peace thanks to the awesome titan powers!

AND Elune have always been portrayed as a female night elf, and Azeroth is a female Titan?! *GASP!* It all comes togather!

Or I am on a totally wrong track now?
    i believe that's one of the few things confirmed about elune, that azeroth isn't her. now, the voice within the well of eternity that the night elves took as elune did teach them titan language, so that's a connector. but azeroth herself, she doesn't have the ability to act on anything right now, she couldn't have been the one to save tyrande multiple times, or do that constellation thing with ysera.

speaking of ysera, we know titans do have the ability to shape, destroy, and re-shape a "planetary system" in the time it takes a heart to beat(i put that in quotes because i'm not sure whether algalon means a solar system, or a single planet.)

now, idk exactly what happened with ysera there, if it was the create of an actual constellation of her... that's far beyond anything a titan has done. if stars and space are at all comparable to real life stars and space, each of the stars in her constellation is hundreds or thousands of lightyears apart. they're also thousands of times bigger than most planets. they were all created and placed in seconds for this. it's one of the most vast displays of elunes power we have ever seen.

that's assuming that it is an actual constellation though. it could just be an illusion over the temple of elune in valsharah.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32599/securing-a-future

Jaina did not drain Lei Shen. She drained the power source of the Throne of Thunder. The staff is placed at the dais he is powering up during intermissions, not anywhere on his body. Read the quest again.
    I wonder if she'll ever actually use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more likely Elune is one of Azeroth's moons.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    nah, that's not how it is in the actual world. this is a scenario where you specifically go to talk to magni and stuff. if you flew up and through the roof of this titan place in the actual world, you'd come out in wintergrasp.

i believe that's one of the few things confirmed about elune, that azeroth isn't her. now, the voice within the well of eternity that the night elves took as elune did teach them titan language, so that's a connector. but azeroth herself, she doesn't have the ability to act on anything right now, she couldn't have been the one to save tyrande multiple times, or do that constellation thing with ysera.

speaking of ysera, we know titans do have the ability to shape, destroy, and re-shape a "planetary system" in the time it takes a heart to beat(i put that in quotes because i'm not sure whether algalon means a solar system, or a single planet.)

now, idk exactly what happened with ysera there, if it was the create of an actual constellation of her... that's far beyond anything a titan has done. if stars and space are at all comparable to real life stars and space, each of the stars in her constellation is hundreds or thousands of lightyears apart. they're also thousands of times bigger than most planets. they were all created and placed in seconds for this. it's one of the most vast displays of elunes power we have ever seen.

that's assuming that it is an actual constellation though. it could just be an illusion over the temple of elune in valsharah.
    Ah that's a point. Though to be fair, it could be a time-0saver issue, that they replicated the area and built within for the scenario. That's usually how the older raid areas sit now where you got the original placing and then the instanced one is a replication changed to suit the change.

Sorry to wade in on your conversation about Elune, but I have to say I didn't really entertain those ideas and it makes quite a interesting turn in the universe. With how the franchise is going and Void Lords being this massive threat - the light could be a direct opposite to which if Khadgar is right about Xe'ra and Elune would elevate her to Titan power level if not more, so the actual constellation prospect being so far apart plays nicely to it.

That cinematic did make me feel a little like she too was a nascent Titan herself. You have a form of a persistent presenter being Tyrande for Elune - she never gave up faith in Elune (that I recall) which makes it feel like Magni is to Azeroth. Coupled with actual intervention like to cure the nightmare with Ysera and claim her body really, it seems that Elune is turning into something from that could be considered a religious view into something far more of a physicality.

I do like Algalon myself. Because when he visited he would report back to the Titans his findings - I wonder if they will play upon this because if the Titans were on Argus all along... Did he actually report back to them? Or does Sargeras have a sway on it all?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's more likely Elune is one of Azeroth's moons.
    A Moon Soul?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    While I admit 7.2 had a lot of filler type material (of the kinds you detailed above), it did have some good story to it. Barring the Order Hall mount scenario there was also the Order Hall scenario before it (e.g. recruiting a new Champion and extended the Order Hall story), the Cathedral of Eternal Night, the various Legion Invasions and their story elements, the legendary profession quests, and the Artifact appearance quest-chains. I think they went a bit overboard with the wait mechanism in the form of World Quests and the meta-achievement while waiting for the opening of the tomb - probably could've scaled back on that in hindsight.
    The Warlock one was terrible, so I don't even agree with that. The Cathedral of the Eternal Night didn't have some amazing story. It was, "go do the dungeon." Same with the Invasions. They were, at best, a moment for NPCs you've seen before to sit there auto-attacking demons at the beginning. The legendary profession quests were, "Go grind a bunch of shit."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The Warlock one was terrible, so I don't even agree with that. The Cathedral of the Eternal Night didn't have some amazing story. It was, "go do the dungeon." Same with the Invasions. They were, at best, a moment for NPCs you've seen before to sit there auto-attacking demons at the beginning. The legendary profession quests were, "Go grind a bunch of shit."
    Seems like a rather lackluster account, all in all. Although the Warlock scenario wasn't my favorite it was certainly informative. The Cathedral of Eternal Night's revelations about Aegwynn's involvement with the Tomb and the role of the Aegis of Aggramar was also quite interesting. The Invasions had a lot of NPC interaction and showcasing, such as expanding Lahan's character and demonstrating Odyn's power. The legendary profession quests had some interesting bits in the quest text, which was itself unexpected as I expected more or less what you said they were above - fetch a bunch of reagents and run some dungeons.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Although the Warlock scenario wasn't my favorite it was certainly informative.
    It swept all the interesting parts of the green fire quest chain under the rug by bringing back Kanrethad in the laziest possible way without them even spending 10 seconds to acknowledge some Warlocks already fought Kanrethad.

The Cathedral of Eternal Night's revelations about Aegwynn's involvement with the Tomb and the role of the Aegis of Aggramar was also quite interesting.
    That happens in the actual dungeon itself. Which is fine. However trying to credit that to some quest chain is ridiculous. The quest chain for the dungeon was, "Go put this in the dungeon. The end."

The Invasions had a lot of NPC interaction and showcasing, such as expanding Lahan's character and demonstrating Odyn's power.
    The Val'sharah one is just random demon grinding and then Cenarius telling you go to destroy the ship.
    The Azsuna one is "Save blue dragons, okay go kill the npc. go kill the ship."
    The Stormheim one is just, "Save storm drakes, okay go kill the npc. go kill the ship."
    The Highmountain one is, "escort Mayla. okay go kill the npc. go kill the ship."

There was no development for any character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It swept all the interesting parts of the green fire quest chain under the rug by bringing back Kanrethad in the laziest possible way without them even spending 10 seconds to acknowledge some Warlocks already fought Kanrethad.
    So you didn't like its story content, not that there was none to be had. That's fair enough.

That happens in the actual dungeon itself. Which is fine. However trying to credit that to some quest chain is ridiculous. The quest chain for the dungeon was, "Go put this in the dungeon. The end."
    The dungeon (introduced in 7.2 itself) is what I was referring to, not the breadcrumb quest that sends you there.

The Val'sharah one is just random demon grinding and then Cenarius telling you go to destroy the ship.
    The Azsuna one is "Save blue dragons, okay go kill the npc. go kill the ship."
    The Stormheim one is just, "Save storm drakes, okay go kill the npc. go kill the ship."
    The Highmountain one is, "escort Mayla. okay go kill the npc. go kill the ship."
    There was no development for any character.
    Cenarius revealed to be alive and active once more in the world after the events of the Emerald Nightmare instance, with appearances by Jarod and company. Aszuna was rather cut and dry, I agree. Stormheim had some interesting content at the closing scenario with the Val'kyr and followed up with Odyn single-handedly demolishing a Legion dreadnought. Highmountain had a lot of interactions, more than with just Mayla - some interesting dialogue with Lahan as well.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Okay well I guess its your prerogative to enjoy shitty, essentially nonexistent, story stuff. *shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Okay well I guess its your prerogative to enjoy shitty, essentially nonexistent, story stuff. *shrugs*
    I suppose so. I try to look for things to enjoy over actively seeking out disappointment where it can be managed, I guess you might say. Not always an easy task, but sometimes one that allows a person to persevere through otherwise trying events or delays.

kanrethad himself does acknowledge that you're the one that beat him.

i mean, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that the legion would give much of a shit about getting him. he was put down at the height of his power by a lone warlock, then drained of his power. then drained further during the quest line itself.

i did wonder why he wasn't imprisoned atop the black temple when i went there in the demon hunter campaign to get akama. i guess now we know why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Ah that's a point. Though to be fair, it could be a time-0saver issue, that they replicated the area and built within for the scenario. That's usually how the older raid areas sit now where you got the original placing and then the instanced one is a replication changed to suit the change.

Sorry to wade in on your conversation about Elune, but I have to say I didn't really entertain those ideas and it makes quite a interesting turn in the universe. With how the franchise is going and Void Lords being this massive threat - the light could be a direct opposite to which if Khadgar is right about Xe'ra and Elune would elevate her to Titan power level if not more, so the actual constellation prospect being so far apart plays nicely to it.

That cinematic did make me feel a little like she too was a nascent Titan herself. You have a form of a persistent presenter being Tyrande for Elune - she never gave up faith in Elune (that I recall) which makes it feel like Magni is to Azeroth. Coupled with actual intervention like to cure the nightmare with Ysera and claim her body really, it seems that Elune is turning into something from that could be considered a religious view into something far more of a physicality.

I do like Algalon myself. Because when he visited he would report back to the Titans his findings - I wonder if they will play upon this because if the Titans were on Argus all along... Did he actually report back to them? Or does Sargeras have a sway on it all?
    yeah, that's how scenarios always are really. just cut outs of the relevant areas.

with algalon, i think the most obvious explanation is that his dialogue was written long before they knew where they were headed with the titans. for a lore explanation, it could just be that constellar are traveling constantly and have no direct contact with the titans unless shit goes down.

but that constellation thing definitely shows more power than any titan has thus far, even sargeras. to create so many stars all at once, across so much vast space. it's a truly godly act. but this, intervening to save tyrande with an incredibly powerful shield multiple times, granting her power and healing multiple times. it's definite that she's not a titan or azeroth. no titan has shown the ability to intervene on a world they're not near.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post

I think, he made good point about Alleria connection with void. She might become Illidan 2.0 where she might use void, to fight void.
    i am pretty sure this is what illidan will do, child of light and shadow remember, he might take void powers to fight the void and because he is nuts like no other he ll take the light as well

damn, Necroxis has become some big salty guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Varimathras is so beautifully fucked up.
    When did we fuck him up? I forget. Wasn't the last time we saw him he was taking over UC in WotLK?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama