Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    How can he count days if there's no time?
    By counting it? Your personal time doesn't stop in any shape or form, one has still a yesterday, today and tomorrow.

How could he even live for 1000 years?
    How can Velen live 25 thousand years? Or Aegwynn 1000 years? Or all the other immortal races? The answer is the same as always, magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    By counting it? Your personal time doesn't stop in any shape or form, one has still a yesterday, today and tomorrow.

How can Velen live 25 thousand years? Or Aegwynn 1000 years? Or all the other immortal races? The answer is the same as always, magic.
    How did he count it if there's no time? There wouldn't be days if time didn't exist.

Deleted
    How did he count it if there's no time? There wouldn't be days if time didn't exist.
    By counting to 86400 each day? Seriously, day counting is not rocket science, it's fixed number based on a planetary rotation. One's personal sense of time doesn't disappear.

Uh, it was for Kairoz and Wrathion, not the Legion.
    Yes, and the Legion did not travel to alt-Draenor? Lol the Legion there is the exact same Legion that was in normal Draenor, dude. It's an AU timeline.

The Twisting Nether does not have AU. If, say, the Mannoroth in that timeline was different than the Mannoroth in our timeline, that would mean that there would now be two Mannoroths. Or, since we killed Archimonde there, then technically the Archimonde from our universe would still be alive. But they're not, because again, it's the same ones that were originally there, not the current ones going back in time.

I guess the best way to explain it is that Kairoz created a paradox timeline that only existed because of his meddling, and what happens there has absolutely nothing to do with what happens in the main timeline, save the very last bit that reached into the Twisting Nether. Archimonde did not need to go back in time, because he was there at the time it happened. So canonically, that means that Archimonde was actually dead before the events of WoW vanilla started.

TL: DR; WoW started in Year 25 ADP (After Dark Portal); Archimonde died canonically in ~Year 2 or 3 BDP, as he was in another universe getting rekt in HFC.
    Last edited by SinAscendant; 2017-07-01 at 09:54 AM.

By counting to 86400 each day? Seriously, day counting is not rocket science, it's fixed number based on a planetary rotation.
    Who's counting to that every day while fighting demons? And planets all rotate at different speeds.

By counting to 86400 each day? Seriously, day counting is not rocket science, it's fixed number based on a planetary rotation. One's personal sense of time doesn't disappear.
    It does not work that way. At all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    Yes, and the Legion did not travel to alt-Draenor? Lol the Legion there is the exact same Legion that was in normal Draenor, dude. It's an AU timeline.
    Legion travelled to alt-Draenor because the Nether transcends all realities.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Afrasiabi/s...25634301952000

I guess the best way to explain it is that Kairoz created a paradox timeline that only existed because of his meddling, and what happens there has absolutely nothing to do with what happens in the main timeline, save the very last bit that reached into the Twisting Nether. Archimonde did not need to go back in time, because he was there at the time it happened. So canonically, that means that Archimonde was actually dead before the events of WoW vanilla started.
    Kairoz didn't created any timeline, he simply opened a door to another universe. There is a multiverse.

"Kairozdormu had advised him to expect a few strange discoveries. "I've spent my life studying the timeways. If you try to count and compare blades of grass, you'll drive yourself mad," he had said. "My plans require a few… favorable conditions, and we'll find them here. This is the perfect timeway for us. Not a perfect mirror image, but perfect nonetheless.""

And WoD Archimonde was the post-Hyjal Archimonde.

- - - Updated - - -

Who's counting to that every day while fighting demons?
    It was a joke answer, one can count in plently of ways. They have crystal forged interdimensionl ships, a number counter (aka clock) isn't that hard create.

And planets all rotate at different speeds.
    Yes, but, hypothetically, an astronaut on Mars will use the Earth calendar or the Martian calendar?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    It does not work that way. At all.
    What doesn't work that way? It's a fictional outside-of-time realm.

Yes, but, hypothetically, an astronaut on Mars will use the Earth calendar or the Martian calendar?
    Earth's, but he would have technology and communication from earth to keep him informed of the date. Without that he would have no idea.

Deleted
    Earth's, but he would have technology and communication from earth to keep him informed of the date. Without that he would have no idea.
    And Turalyon and the entire Army of the Light doesn't have technology or even magic to create simple number counter?

And Turalyon and the entire Army of the Light doesn't have technology or even magic to create simple number counter?
    Based on what? They were apparently on many different worlds. All of which would have different length rotations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the other zones in Argus

http://imgur.com/a/4QWjW

Mac'Aree look fine
    Well thank fuck for that. Green and black hellscapes are SO last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Let's not forget this was KJ's world and he only just died, he likely wanted to keep a little bit of it nice for nostalgia
    ya know, that is true. with the anger he showed at sargeras for its current state, he likely worked to keep at least a "garden" type area.

i was hoping the purple hills would be intact due to like purple rock or something. but i guess this works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kennedy View Post
    I really wish this void stuff was more subtle, it sounds like 7.3 is going to beat you across the face with "THE NEXT EXPANSION IS VOID BASED". Now whether that's Azshara, N'Zoth, Old Gods on other planets or the Void Lords themselves remains to be seen. But Jesus Christ Blizzard fucking chill out with the foreshadowing.
    The only redemption would be if the "Void foreshadowing" goes the same route of the "Legion foreshadowing" of MoP, where instead of the Legion we got Alternate Orcs in the subsequent expansion.

That makes zero sense, I'm sorry. Because if 30 years in our time is 1k years in Twisting Nether, that means it would have taken... *calculates* Approximately 333 THOUSAND years between the War of the Ancients and the First War for the demons
    I really doubt the concept of time means shit to demons, moreover when they're effectively immortal. Which, in all honesty, leads to the question: how Turalyon is still alive? Alleria is an elf so that's easy to explain but the only way to justify Turalyon is if he somehow learned Velen's Light trick to extend his lifespan. I'm just not really sure how he may have did that.

Based on what? They were apparently on many different worlds. All of which would have different length rotations.
    There's a serious need to go in depth to explain that? They excused worse things with lolmagic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I really doubt the concept of time means shit to demons, moreover when they're effectively immortal. Which, in all honesty, leads to the question: how Turalyon is still alive? Alleria is an elf so that's easy to explain but the only way to justify Turalyon is if he somehow learned Velen's Light trick to extend his lifespan. I'm just not really sure how he may have did that.
    i mean, it's likely that nothing effects anything the same way in the nether as it does in the universe.

but alleria wouldn't exactly be young and spry, might not even be alive. she was already a couple thousand years old, and kael's father looked elderly at like 3,900 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i mean, it's likely that nothing effects anything the same way in the nether as it does in the universe.

but alleria wouldn't exactly be young and spry, might not even be alive. she was already a couple thousand years old, and kael's father looked elderly at like 3,900 years old.
    Though we never really knew just how old anasterian was, only that he reigned for almost 3.000 years.

- - - Updated - - -

That is most likely the case, but why did they seriously need to make a millennium out of the battle, his normal absence would have been far more than enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That is most likely the case, but why did they seriously need to make a millennium out of the battle, his normal absence would have been far more than enough.
    It surely doesn't make any favor to the Legion's reputation, a rebellious/invading force opposing them in their own domain for 1000 years make not just the demons but their whole leadership (Sargeras included) look quite dumb.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Deleted
    It surely doesn't make any favor to the Legion's reputation, a rebellious/invading force opposing them in their own domain for 1000 years make not just the demons but their whole leadership (Sargeras included) look quite dumb.
    With the Void shit around and Sargeras focused on all the Titan stuff instead of helping the Legion, makes one wonder why Kil'jaeden even cared to listen to his master in the first place, besides the obvious fear of death.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the Void shit around and Sargeras focused on all the Titan stuff instead of helping the Legion, makes one wonder why Kil'jaeden even cared to listen to his master in the first place, besides the obvious fear of death.
    It surely explains rather well Kil'jaeden's skepticism and disaffection towards Sargeras' master plan, even though he needed to finally be forced on a corner to grow some real doubts.

Deleted
    If time works differently on Argus and on Azeroth, could they use it as an excuse to do a jump forward in time when we return in Azeroth? (Actually Azeroth rotate pretty quickly when you stare at it from Argus... well this might be the case for gameplay reasons...)

So because the Legion can't squash a small rebellion faction on a planet we should doubt their ability?

Should we doubt Americas capability as a military because they haven't squashed the taliban yet in like 50 years?

We can clearly see the planet is quite large, obviously the zone isn't going to be the size of Azeroth, they shrink it down for patch purposes, so obviously they're just good at hiding.