Thread: 7.3 spoilers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Me: Hey 7.3!
    Sargeras: Who are you...?
    Me: I'm an Azerothian champion. FOR JUSTICE!
    Eonar: What r u guises doing ewww
    7.3: Lol here I COME!
    Blizz: It was unexpected hehe!
    Me: Understandable

Am I doing it right senpai?

Quote Originally Posted by Mgann-Morzz View Post
    Soooo Bets on how long Sargeras actually stays jailed?

If they wanted him gone forever he'd be killed but they clearly don't, he's gonna be back at some point.
    It's World of Warcraft. Even characters that have died have returned. Legion is definitely not the last we'll see of Sargeras or Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    You should really pay more attention to lore before you say stuff like that.

The Blood Elves used to be High Elves who were part of the Aliiance but left them because a few of their precious trees got burned and the humans were more concerned about saving the entire world then a few trees.
    Then they did not eve attempt to elp the humans against the scourge invation, which resulted in them also getting attack, (oh the irony) by many of the humans-turned undead who they could have saved and prevented that.
    After that, they once again blamed the humans for not helping them, hypocrites.

Then comes the story with Garithos, and while we all agree he was a jerk, the Blood/High Elves aren't really innocent here pal.
    Um... what...?
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-07-07 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    It's World of Warcraft. Even characters that have died have returned. Legion is definitely not the last we'll see of Sargeras or Illidan.
    It's obvious because of few reasons:
    -Xe'ra has vision where Illidan is fighting with Void,
    -Sargeras isn't killed, just imprisoned(it's obvious that they'll use him again - maybe to fight with the Void),

Maybe Illidan will empower himself with Sargeras power just like he did with Skull of Gul'dan, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    It's obvious because of few reasons:
    -Xe'ra has vision where Illidan is fighting with Void,
    I know. Personally I'd prefer if Illidan's story ends once Legion is over. Not a big fan of the "Holy Illidan" idea.

-Sargeras isn't killed, just imprisoned(it's obvious that they'll use him again - maybe to fight with the Void),
    That's what I'm saying. Sargeras is a major lore character and he's making it out of Legion alive - anyone who thinks we'll never see him again is fooling themselves.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-07-07 at 10:12 AM.

That's what I'm saying. Sargeras is a major lore character and he's making it out of Legion alive - anyone who thinks we'll never see him again is fooling themselves.
    We won't see him as the villain at least. First BC, then WoD and now with Legion this concept is being overused.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I personally hope for a Negan like thing where we would end up releasing Sarg to help us fight the void lords in the future.
    I am pretty sure something like this will happen. They basically put Sargeras on shelf to use him later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know. Personally I'd prefer if Illidan's story ends once Legion is over. Not a big fan of the "Holy Illidan" idea.
    The Child of Light and Shadow arc is actually so bad, that I'll completely refrain from complaining about the Jailer of t̶h̶e̶ ̶D̶a̶m̶n̶e̶d Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Reading the final narration it does seem to me like a refrain from the ending of WotLK - subtle differences, but thematically quite similar. I'm also confused as to how the ending of Legion syncs up with the events at the end of the "Illidan" novel with Illidan being a champion of the Light - if he's to serve as the jailer of Sargeras it seems like it would be a quite permanent appointment.

Hopefully more detail comes to light when the patch hits Live or in the intervening time between.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Our artifacts must totally lose their powers or be use it for a better purpose, otherwise dont have any sense to give up such a powerful weapon,.

Something will happen... but not untill the next expansion will be avaiable.
    Just like we gain the artifact, at the very beginnig of Legion, the first thing that will happen with the new expansion, will be related how we lose our artifact power.
    Uh yes, that's exactly what I meant
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Reading the final narration it does seem to me like a refrain from the ending of WotLK - subtle differences, but thematically quite similar. I'm also confused as to how the ending of Legion syncs up with the events at the end of the "Illidan" novel with Illidan being a champion of the Light - if he's to serve as the jailer of Sargeras it seems like it would be a quite permanent appointment.

Hopefully more detail comes to light when the patch hits Live or in the intervening time between.
    I think what they're going for is when shit hits the fan with Voidlords we'll free Sargeras and Illidan. Can't see any other reason why they would shelve Sargeras like that.

I am really liking it btw, Sargeras and Azeroth together against the Void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    I think what they're going for is when shit hits the fan with Voidlords we'll free Sargeras and Illidan. Can't see any other reason why they would shelve Sargeras like that.

Possibly so, and if that's the case I would be alright with it. My primary concern is that the ending of 7.3 will function as a retcon of "Illidan" because of the overall poor reception to the appearance of a Light-infused Illidan in the role as some kind of purely heroic figure.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Possibly so, and if that's the case I would be alright with it. My primary concern is that the ending of 7.3 will function as a retcon of "Illidan" because of the overall poor reception to the appearance of a Light-infused Illidan in the role as some kind of purely heroic figure.
    The Light infusing could still happen after we free them though.
    Not that I want it but we're still not safe from that

What if(timeywimey commence) it's not this worlds Illidan, but AU's Illidan...

Only one Illidan needs to "Jail" Sargeras(idk if that's what's happening, i haven't been paying attention) but if AU's Azeroth never got hit because we threw a wrench in the Legion's progress in that universe and the Light guided Yvel to free Illidan. And this portal opens to more than one Azeroth and they come through aswell?

I know we all hate WoD and wish it never happened, but we're not Blizzard. And Blizzard set that up with the next 2-3 expansion already planned. What if the other Azeroth's Illidan is the chosen one and our Illidan is one who gets to eat his words "What have you sacrificed?"?

What I am interested in is will races of Azeroth salvage any of that dope Legion tech?

I mean it would be really stupid if we get back to Azeroth without literally none of the goodies Legion left on Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    too many times, some sick evil being who is responsible for the death of so many, gets this "misunderstood, tragic" redemption and some how pardoned for all the death they caused. I think Illidan was already crossing the line, but Sargeras too? This isn't Naruto where all the villians are actually good guys

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    What if(timeywimey commence) it's not this worlds Illidan, but AU's Illidan...

Only one Illidan needs to "Jail" Sargeras(idk if that's what's happening, i haven't been paying attention) but if AU's Azeroth never got hit because we threw a wrench in the Legion's progress in that universe and the Light guided Yvel to free Illidan. And this portal opens to more than one Azeroth and they come through aswell?

I know we all hate WoD and wish it never happened, but we're not Blizzard. And Blizzard set that up with the next 2-3 expansion already planned. What if the other Azeroth's Illidan is the chosen one and our Illidan is one who gets to eat his words "What have you sacrificed?"?
    But could there be multiple Illidans though? I think he's a demon, at least partially since his soul was able to regenerate in the nether. Does transcending all realities thing work on demon hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    too many times, some sick evil being who is responsible for the death of so many, gets this "misunderstood, tragic" redemption and some how pardoned for all the death they caused. I think Illidan was already crossing the line, but Sargeras too? This isn't Naruto where all the villians are actually good guys
    It wouldn't be redemption though.

It would be desperation on our part, and why not take a chance with him since that's what he was fighting in the first place and we're likely doomed regardless.

I mean he wouldn't be remember as some hero or something after that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    Because if they do that Horde ppl will qq "This is Alliance favoritism"
    They forgot about the green jesus and garrosh stuff... I mean this whole "equality" in story telling is what makes blizzard write nonsensical plots, like the random death of vol'jin, for example.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some more spoilers from 7.3 stuff I've been looking at (will probably be on the front page later):

Alleria was apparently imprisoned on Xe'ra's orders for delving too deeply into the Void. There is a conversation between her and Turalyon about it that provides context.
    The shadow priest weapon also makes some insinuations about Alleria while you are accompanying her - things like "This one shows promise. The whispers lure her toward her fate."
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I would think if it was nice if 1.) Sargeras got some actual character development in 7.3 and 2.) merged with Illidan, basically, so he becomes our makeshift ally.