Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Jesus, this is what happens when people think Hollywood physics are realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Definition of 2nd degree murder:

Second-degree murder is ordinarily defined as: 1) an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion"; or 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life. Second-degree murder may best be viewed as the middle ground between first-degree murder and voluntary manslaughter.

If you point a gun at someone and shoot and subsequently kill because you think the bullet proof vest will stop the bullet then you are NOT committing manslaughter but second degree murder. Same when someone is holding a book. Someone with concern for human life would tell the victim "move from behind the book you might get killed". Pointing the gun and then shooting = accepting the consequence that might be killing someone. This is 2nd degree murder and to be honest I would go as far as to say that its a rather concealed premeditated murder carefully planned behind a pretentious excuse such as "lets make a funny video for money". This woman is a murderer plain and simple.
    Hmm very well, it's up to the state to decide what to charge her with. It makes me wonder if they just want to give her a lesser charge since she did end up killing her baby daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukk View Post
    Didn't she just get charged with manslaughter? I mean it makes sense, a reasonable person would expect somebody to die if you take a shot at them.
    Manslaughter's kinda the catch all for reckless behavior that results in death, regardless of foreknowledge or intent.

Its the appropriate charge here, I'm just saying the weight of the fault lies with the boyfriend that compelled her to perform this "stunt" in the first place...

and with that in mind, it leaves a lot to the judge involved to determine about her. I could see cause for leniency on her, but also cause for not being lenient... depending on *her* and not just the story we are presented with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    If you point a gun at someone and shoot and subsequently kill because you think the bullet proof vest will stop the bullet then you are NOT committing manslaughter but second degree murder. Same when someone is holding a book.
    Its not at all the same. First, when you shoot at someone wearing a bulletproof vest, you are not indifferent to their life, a reasonable person could believe that all steps were taken to protect their life. A reasonable person would not believe the same of a book.

Second, the arguable point here was your #2.... the person didn't die because of *her* actions, but in his own actions of initiating this stunt and then recruiting her as a secondary actor in the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Yes. And I liked that movie. The char was a bad ass. But he went after scum and gave them their just reward.
    They are making a second one. I feel like it's going to be his "Jason Bourne." I didn't like it as much as the earlier Bourne movies, the last one sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Its not at all the same. First, when you shoot at someone wearing a bulletproof vest, you are not indifferent to their life, a reasonable person could believe that all steps were taken to protect their life. A reasonable person would not believe the same of a book.

Second, the arguable point here was your #2.... the person didn't die because of *her* actions, but in his own actions of initiating this stunt and then recruiting her as a secondary actor in the crime.
    A reasonable person doesn't shoot live rounds at a friendly with a bulletproof vest on just to "test the vests durability"....
    Last edited by Glnger; 2017-07-04 at 10:24 PM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    A reasonable person doesn't shoot live rounds at a friendly with a bulletproof vest on just to "test the vests durability"....
    The argument isn't that she was reasonable, they were both obviously stupid but somehow popular on youtube from what I'm getting. The charges are based on what a reasonable person would consider to happen. There have been plenty of entertainment shows around the world where people risk their lives, but they have tons of safety precautions to not just blindly kill the performer. Even in those shows, a reasonable person would consider that the performer is quite safe and it's to pump up the "wow" factor.

He had a book.

No matter what she should not be in charge of her kids, they deserve a chance to grow up with a decent IQ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    The bullet would have fully expanded. The entry wound would have been the size of a golf ball. Feel sorry for their landlords having to clean that mess up.
    Actually there r businesses that specialize in cleaning up crime scenes of brains blood n guts n stuff...

Imagine doing it for a living..