Deleted

'Lesser Soul Fragment' spell-id [WeakAuras]

Hi there, fellow champs!

Demon Hunters have a talent called 'Demonic Appetite', which gives 'Chaos Strike' a chance to spawn a 'Lesser Soul Fragment' next to you.
    This 'Lesser Soul Fragment' restores fury and hp.

Does anyone know what happens when a 'Lesser Soul Fragment' spawns? What kind of 'event' is it and and what is the spell-id I should use to create a WeakAura, showing me an icon when a 'Lesser Soul Fragment' spawns?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

I know that as Vengeance, you actually receive a buff that gains stacks 1 through 5 as more soul fragments are spawned, so it's easy to track. I don't believe Havoc adheres to this behavior... on top of that, I don't even know if the amount of potential fragments out at one time is capped. It's not on kills, so I kind of doubt it.

I don't know if it's something you'd be able to track with WeakAuras. I'd have to enable advanced combat logging and see if there is any entry when one is created; if there's a reference to Demonic Appetite being used as a spell or the soul fragment being created. As far as I know, the only time you'll receive an entry in the combat log is when the fragment is absorbed.

Edit: I may have been wrong, looks like this guy made some progress:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Soul-Tracking

I would try using his import code and go from there. From what I read, he actually got it working and just had trouble tracking the souls from KILLS, but the ones from Demonic Appetite were, apparently, showing up fine. If so, that should work perfectly for you! If you can't get it working let me know and I'll import it myself and fix it up.

Here is a direct link to his most recent Weakaura, where apparently it's working fine for Demonic Appetite, just not for Shattered Souls (the ones from killing blows):
    http://pastebin.com/1g6Hbtty
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-02-06 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Added link.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I know that as Vengeance, you actually receive a buff that gains stacks 1 through 5 as more soul fragments are spawned, so it's easy to track. I don't believe Havoc adheres to this behavior... on top of that, I don't even know if the amount of potential fragments out at one time is capped. It's not on kills, so I kind of doubt it.

I don't know if it's something you'd be able to track with WeakAuras. I'd have to enable advanced combat logging and see if there is any entry when one is created; if there's a reference to Demonic Appetite being used as a spell or the soul fragment being created. As far as I know, the only time you'll receive an entry in the combat log is when the fragment is absorbed.

Edit: I may have been wrong, looks like this guy made some progress:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Soul-Tracking

I would try using his import code and go from there. From what I read, he actually got it working and just had trouble tracking the souls from KILLS, but the ones from Demonic Appetite were, apparently, showing up fine. If so, that should work perfectly for you! If you can't get it working let me know and I'll import it myself and fix it up.

Here is a direct link to his most recent Weakaura, where apparently it's working fine for Demonic Appetite, just not for Shattered Souls (the ones from killing blows):
    http://pastebin.com/1g6Hbtty
    thank you so much man for the in-depth response. I tried his WA just now. It is working for when you consume a 'Lesser Soul Fragment' but it's not working for when you spawn one. That WA was created in Beta so the spell-id (of 'Lesser Soul Fragment'-spawned) must have changed. I tried ALL 'Consume Soul' spell-ids on wowhead but none is working for the event 'SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS'.

I also enabled advanced combat logging and checked for the event but it's not being recorded there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    thank you so much man for the in-depth response. I tried his WA just now. It is working for when you consume a 'Lesser Soul Fragment' but it's not working for when you spawn one. That WA was created in Beta so the spell-id (of 'Lesser Soul Fragment'-spawned) must have changed. I tried ALL 'Consume Soul' spell-ids on wowhead but none is working for the event 'SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS'.

I also enabled advanced combat logging and checked for the event but it's not being recorded there either.
    Link me the name/ID/whatever he is using for spell_cast_success. Make sure it's the one he intended for the appetite spawn, not an attempt to make shattered souls work. I'm on my laptop now so I can't import the weakaura, but if you link me that ID/whatever I might be able to help. It is entirely possible that you can no longer do this, but if you could in beta it's possible you can now aside from them specifically and intentionally preventing it. I'll see what I can whip up.

Deleted
    Link me the name/ID/whatever he is using for spell_cast_success. Make sure it's the one he intended for the appetite spawn, not an attempt to make shattered souls work. I'm on my laptop now so I can't import the weakaura, but if you link me that ID/whatever I might be able to help. It is entirely possible that you can no longer do this, but if you could in beta it's possible you can now aside from them specifically and intentionally preventing it. I'll see what I can whip up.
    Trigger 1 -> Custom -> Event -> Event(s): COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED

Code:
    function(self, event, ...)

local spellId, spellName = select(11, ...)
        local caster = select(3, ...)
        local message = select(1, ...)

if orb_count == nil then
            orb_count = 0
        end

if message == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" and caster == UnitGUID("player") then

if spellId == 204255 then
                orb_count = orb_count + 1

end

elseif message == "SPELL_HEAL" and caster == UnitGUID("player") then

if spellId == 203794 then
                orb_count = orb_count - 1

end

if spellId == 178963 then
                orb_count = orb_count - 1

end
        end
        return orb_count
    end
    // SPELL_HEAL if statement is for consume
    // SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS if statement is for spawn

Name Info:

Code:
    function()
        return orb_count
    end
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2017-02-06 at 09:55 PM.

Try it with spell ID 210788 in place of 204255.

Deleted
    Try it with spell ID 210788 in place of 204255.
    unfortunately still not working I don't know how we are supposed to find it I opened a ticked to ask a GM but they said they couldn't help either.

Deleted
    I opened a ticked to ask a GM but they said they couldn't help either.
    It's rather a development issue here. We spent a couple of hours trying to get the correct duration of a Norgannon charging. Due to a missing handler in the WoW-API, but receiving hidden buffs (in an unfiltered event), we were able to get something going, which, unfortunately, is just a hack. (For the serious guys here: The hidden buff gain is fired as an event, yet has no timestamp. At the very same time another event is fired, which has a timestamp but no ID (fun times). So we had to write a WA which is triggered by an event with no timestamp (there are many, e.g. a soul shard regen comes along the same), storing the servertime, wait for the other hidden event with an ID, and if those are fired within a certain time threshold, we can assume we are now standing still.) The silly part is, if you are knocked back and landing, just one of those events is fired. So the whole thing doesn't work for bosses with knockbacks.

We ended up writing an addon but even then we can only assume things as we have to anticipate a lot, based on how it *usually* is fired.

It's simple as that: The developers simply should add a buff or at least fire an event which can be tracked. That's pretty much the same issue you're having with Soul Fragments. You might be able to get it working for the most part, however you'll always end up with a mock that might break in certain situations.

Talking about hidden events, you might have success by adding filters to an event tracker and then see if anything is fired when you gain an orb. I am pretty sure it will be, however chances are high, that it's having no ID. If it has an ID, it's really simple to get a WA going, I guess.

Check for "event tracker" on curse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AFGM Eliath View Post
    Talking about hidden events, you might have success by adding filters to an event tracker and then see if anything is fired when you gain an orb. I am pretty sure it will be, however chances are high, that it's having no ID. If it has an ID, it's really simple to get a WA going, I guess.

Check for "event tracker" on curse.
    very nice input, thanks man! I got EventTracker and checked all events in the 2 second span where I press 'Chaos Strike' and a 'Lesser Soul Fragment' spawns.
    I tested all numbers I could find but to no avail.

there was only Chaos Strike, WOUND, and Spell Damage.

It's weird that this would work in beta and not on live. It doesn't seem like something they would intentionally block, it doesn't really go against any of their addon/macro philosophies. I guess it's possible they intentionally disabled this functionality but the fact that the spell IDs changed still means it's possible it's just the wrong ID.

If you look up the spell ID I told you to try on WoWhead, you can see the other variations. The first step would be to just try those. I know it's tied to a hidden server-side script but it's hard to imagine there's NOTHING firing off when an orb spawns.

Deleted
    It's weird that this would work in beta and not on live. It doesn't seem like something they would intentionally block, it doesn't really go against any of their addon/macro philosophies. I guess it's possible they intentionally disabled this functionality but the fact that the spell IDs changed still means it's possible it's just the wrong ID.

If you look up the spell ID I told you to try on WoWhead, you can see the other variations. The first step would be to just try those. I know it's tied to a hidden server-side script but it's hard to imagine there's NOTHING firing off when an orb spawns.
    please do try it with EventTracker. there is a possibility I missed it because when it goes this deep I lack knowledge.

please do try it with EventTracker. there is a possibility I missed it because when it goes this deep I lack knowledge.
    I have raid tonight, but if I have time beforehand I'll give it a look. If not, I'll check it out after raid or tomorrow morning if I'm too tired. I'll get back to you.

Deleted
    I have raid tonight, but if I have time beforehand I'll give it a look. If not, I'll check it out after raid or tomorrow morning if I'm too tired. I'll get back to you.
    greatly appreciate your help and insights on the matter!

Not the answer you are looking for but: I use the glyph that makes the fragments green in stead of purple, which gave me a much better visual cue one has spawned.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphodel View Post
    Not the answer you are looking for but: I use the glyph that makes the fragments green in stead of purple, which gave me a much better visual cue one has spawned.
    Green and the Blue (mana) versions are MUCH better than the base purple.

Deleted
    still open

Deleted
    if anyone has a solution to the problem please share

Bump for any info on this