Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post

Now there are 3 option, Lakers, Houston and Sixers what do you guys think which team he most likely will be joining? i thought about the Sixers but after all that shit of the past few days i now believe Houston.
    Actually, with all the shit that has happened over the past few days I am leaning even more strongly toward the Sixers. LeBron wants to effectively be the GM of the team. What better way than getting yourself onto a team that 1. wants you to play for them, and 2. will likely be replacing their President of Basketball Operations in the near future.

The Sixers could easily just hire a guy with a relationship to LeBron and acquire LeBron. As long as LeBron gets his say on team assembly he will be satisfied.

Lakers to me are a non-option. Lonzo isn't good enough and won't be in the next few years. Unless LeBron just wants to play out the rest of his career with 2nd and 3rd round exits in LA, he won't go to a West team that will have to play through both GSW and Houston to make the Finals, unless that West team actually is Houston. I could see him taking a team to beat one of the two. I don't think even his body will hold up from needing to play 44-48 minutes a game at maximum output for 14 straight playoff games though.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2018-05-31 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Now there are 3 option, Lakers, Houston and Sixers what do you guys think which team he most likely will be joining? i thought about the Sixers but after all that shit of the past few days i now believe Houston.
    @Blueobelisk should do a spreadsheet for our Lebron choices

I've changed my mind a lot over the course of the season, but currently I think he ends up in Houston.

I've been thinking about it though, and the Sixers is actually not as bad a fit as I first thought. I always believed that Lebron and Simmons do much the same thing, they typically drive and then either finish or pass out if the defense collapses. But, what if Lebron is starting to feel his age and has seen the writing on the wall in these play offs that he can't keep playing like this? What if the constant drives to the basket are sapping him too much and mean that he has to constantly take plays off and be less active on defense?

It would then make a whole lot of sense to pair with a guy like Simmons, who can do the driving and dishing for him, not always, but often enough. He can then sit back a bit more and hit shots (he's a decent enough 3 point shooter, even if not elite). It would free him up to give a bit more effort on defense and not have to play 48 min of physical basketball where it's basically constantly his task to drive the lane into physical contact and get the play started.

I mean, I still think it's not the best place for Lebron, but at least I think there would be a workable situation if he wanted it. But again, my vote goes to the Rockets. Those guys are desperate and Lebron would instantly have a team ready to ball at the highest level. It's a perfect fit.

Lebron choices hmmm. Lol, let's see how this series turns out. I personally think Lebron sucks it up and stays in Cleveland. He has nothing to prove and no rings to chase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Lebron choices hmmm. Lol, let's see how this series turns out. I personally think Lebron sucks it up and stays in Cleveland. He has nothing to prove and no rings to chase.
    Certainly an option, but Lebron would have this same basic team then next year, unless the Cavs turn that no. 8 pick into something good that might help Lebron. If they pick a rookie, they'll likely have the same issues they have this year. If they trade it for veteran help, they end up with limited options in the future.

Not easy being Cleveland right now, despite their 4th consecutive Finals appearance.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at Cavs roster, they are SO screwed. They are set up for 2 more years of JR Smith, George Hill, Clarkson, Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love. All those guys are making between 12 and 25 million. That's the core Lebron and the Cavs would have to work with if Lebron signs another deal.

And none of those guys have great trade value, so you would likely have to give up worth to get rid of the contracts. You're certainly not getting younger quality players back.

Tough situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where do I place bets on Love getting re-injured in game 1 and sitting out at least 2 more games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Hoping for a Cavs championship, but realistically Warriors in 5. Fuck Golden State tho. I hope Draymond Green gets hit by a bus; what a cheap shot artist piece of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

In all of sports, no two teams have met in the Finals for 4 years in a row.

Added btw. Predictions are basically closed...

- - - Updated - - -

18 Finals predictions.
    4/18 chose CLE. (All of them CLE in 7.)

Everyone who picked GSW (14/18) didn't think it would go to 7.

- - - Updated - - -

They fucked asked these spoiled kid GSW Steph and Klay to speak about Lebron going to the Finals 8 times. Which retard came up with asking THEM that question? These niggas have been to the Finals 4 times themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright I'm sitting at desktop but I have glasses on so I'm actually paying attention to the game for the first time this entire NBA season.

- - - Updated - - -

Kevin Love is fucking Cavs over.

- - - Updated - - -

The refs aren't calling a lot of fouls.

- - - Updated - - -

JR Smith crippled Klay. But it looked like an accident...

10+ Year Old Account
    JR Smith crippled Klay. But it looked like an accident...
    Not watching game, but, something like that might swing things enough for the Cavs to have a chance in some games. Unfortunate that it happened, but it has been a theme this season and especially these playoffs.

"Left Lateral Leg Contusion". Klay will be back probably even in this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright Kevin Love isn't complete garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

CLE up 30-29 at end of first. But I honestly don't think they can keep this pace up: it's GSW who could be at 40 right now. CLE actually played decent defense.

Yeah Kevin Love can atleast grab bunch of rebounds... However he is still usually underwhelming in the finals.

Only 2 games I remember he did well was 2016 game 7 and a 27 pts finals game.

I don't want GSW to win, but they are kinda heavily favored, I still will pick Cavs in 7 tho... this years GSW is different.

The Cavs only up 6 while shooting 58%; that's pretty scary.

EDIT: Anyone else find Van Gundy to be really annoying?
    Last edited by sibut; 2018-06-01 at 02:07 AM.

Steph Curry hit a long 3 right before halftime. I can't believe it went in.

CLE GSW tied at 56 at half. GSW got really hot for a stretch...

Steph Curry hit a long 3 right before halftime. I can't believe it went in.
    Hope a Cav knocks that shiteating grin off his face after halftime. What a fuckin' putz.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see Bron take this soooo bad..

But if him getting swept will send him to Houston or LA, i'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    Hope a Cav knocks that shiteating grin off his face after halftime. What a fuckin' putz.
    You are wishing violent harm to an individual you have never met over a game. You are an awful person, my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jalen Rose is just the worse.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    Least they're tied by half so that's something but predicting warriors by 10+ when its all said and done

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    My god: James.
    Fixed the punctuation for you.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

GSW up 89-88 with 8:52 left in 4th.

Game is closer than I expected, but GSW could easily pull away with a few of their acrobatic shots and the audience backing them...

15+ Year Old Account
    GSW up 89-88 with 8:52 left in 4th.

Game is closer than I expected, but GSW could easily pull away with a few of their acrobatic shots and the audience backing them...
    I think traditionally the first game between these guys have been really close? But my memory on these things has been proven to be not great.