Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Prophecy of Ahnket Expansion Free Forever!

If you missed the free giveaway of the latest Rift Expansion Prophecy of Ahket a few weekends ago, you might be interested to know that from today it's now totally free forever.

All you have to do is log on, that's it.

Oh boy. I can just see the comments now.

What about the people that paid full whack for that? This isn't going to go down well.

RIP Rift.

So it's free and not even a year old? Guess knocking it down to £15 didn't help or allowing it to be sold in game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RiainED View Post
    What about the people that paid full whack for that? This isn't going to go down well.

RIP Rift.
    Yeah reimbursing my friend with a few games on Steam for this. Not fair he had to pay £30 for a game I barely touched as well as one that has become free in 7 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Oh boy. I can just see the comments now.
    People who paid £30 odd are gonna be pissed since it took a price drop once to £15.49 and is now free within 7 months. Says a lot about their ability to sell it and tells me that moving back to B2P did not work. Although that's mostly due to quality and lack of content.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-29 at 02:06 PM.

RIP Rift.
    This wasn't first. They made a 1yr subscription deal for Storm Legion and halfway they made Rift F2P.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

This just speaks volumes for the current state of affairs. The "here have a free gift on us!!!" spin on the OP is brilliant as well. Like we're supposed to be grateful they are giving away an unfinished product. Oh boy, thanks Trion.

I really feel for the people that paid for this, I would not be happy. It wasn't cheap either.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    This wasn't first. They made a 1yr subscription deal for Storm Legion and halfway they made Rift F2P.
    Yep I remember. Just as stupid.

But as I said this tells me that a game going F2P in 7 months said they didn't sell many copies.

- - - Updated - - -

This just speaks volumes for the current state of affairs. The "here have a free gift on us!!!" spin on the OP is brilliant as well. Like we're supposed to be grateful they are giving away an unfinished product. Oh boy, thanks Trion.

I really feel for the people that paid for this, I would not be happy. It wasn't cheap either.
    £30-34.99 for it when it first came out. One or the other but yeah. I feel bad for people who paid full price just to be told so quickly that it's going F2P again.

10+ Year Old Account
    How poor must one be to cry about spending ~€40 seven months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    More to do with the amount of time it's taken between spending that and going F2P. But if you wanna make comments like that feel free to. Just shows you have nothing to bring to the table in terms of discussion.

7 months to go f2p? That tells me the game didn't sell well. Even with the other options they had with purchasing it ingame.

7 months certainly doesn't justify £30 especially when there has been barely any quality content within that 7 months that justifies the money.

But of course Trion can do no wrong can they? Because F2P after 7 months of switching to a B2P model and offering ingame alternatives to buying the expansion and even dropping it to £15.49 totally worked didn't it? Clearly not.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-29 at 02:58 PM.

Good ol' Slipmat, disregarding the bigger picture with a snarky comment and an eye roll emoji.

You're not as stupid as you make yourself look with your posts, you know as a consumer yourself, if this wasn't Rift (something you are obviously some how affiliated with) you would be pissed off if you spent £30 on something for it them to be free merely months later. The amount is completely irrelevant, it's still hard earned cash, all the same.

Keep it cute, I'm excited to see how you deflect the rest of the criticism.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2017-06-29 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    That the expansion would become f2p was pretty much inevitable and only a question of time. That it got to this stage so fast though is a bit of an interesting development. Especially considering they haven't even deliverd the content that they were asking you to pay for. To me that's sounds very dodgy and might even be a bit mroe sirous matter.

Worst part is now it gives them an "excuse" to monetize stupid stuff again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me just cry rivers about all those games i bought for full price and they're now F2P, i'd imagine it must be a tidy enough sum by now.

Or maybe i can throw a few hundred/thousand Euro at games not even released or close to getting released for years yet, that'll show them.

Let me just cry rivers about all those games i bought for full price and they're now F2P, i'd imagine it must be a tidy enough sum by now.
    Yeah a lot of games I played that did that changed their model in a year or 2. Not 7 months. See the major difference?

But again thanks for proving peoples points here.

Can't wait to see them get cash grabby with the game again because let's face it they lost their "excuse" to do so despite the fact they were selling bonus rolls.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-29 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like i said, how poor must you be to cry about a measly amount of money you spent seven months ago.

Please post productively and on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-06-29 at 04:06 PM.

Like i said, how poor must you be to cry about a measly amount of money you spent seven months ago.
    And like I said. You haven't provided any actual argument here. Just the "poor" comment which holds no weight at all.

And yeah I'd be pretty pissed if I paid full price for a game and in 7 months it went F2P after a heavy discount. 7 months is a pitiful amount of time. Considering the quality that was presented in Starfall as well. And the fact that launch content advertised only just made it's appearance in 4.1 and the 70 zone is still not out.

So I'll say it again. They didn't sell enough copies. They wouldn't have switched business models again if so. And I imagine they won't again since it's proven they actually have to try and make a game if they are going to charge for it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-29 at 03:51 PM.

Welp, guess when you don't deliver on your promises, especially the promise of a return of higher quality, folks won't buy your expansion and those that do won't stick around.

Man this is depressing to watch Rift continue to spiral downwards, I can hardly motivate myself to log in to even level up my mage : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, guess when you don't deliver on your promises, especially the promise of a return of higher quality, folks won't buy your expansion and those that do won't stick around.

Man this is depressing to watch Rift continue to spiral downwards, I can hardly motivate myself to log in to even level up my mage : /
    Logged in last week. Saw chat was barely active. Tried to queue for a dungeon on my Ranger and logged out after 30 mins in queue.

And I agree. Now they realised they actually have to design a quality game and polish it I doubt they will switch back to a model such as B2P.

I'm just wondering how much they will monetize the game now? I mean even with B2P they did some shady stuff. Paid bonus rolls says hello.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-29 at 04:12 PM.

To a poor person, $1 is not a lot of money. To a rich person, $1 is a lot of money. Rich people value each and every dollar. Only poor people say things like, "It's only a dollar." Rich people think about the spending of each and every dollar, they save every dollar they can and get every dollar they have working for them to make more money. That's how they got rich. So you really kinda have it backwards there buddy. If you don't care that they basically just stole $40 from you, then you have a poor persons mentality and do not value your money the same way a rich person does. Well, not you specifically because I am positive Trion gave you the game, and anything else in game you want, for free. So of course you wouldn't cry about it, you got it for free anyway. If I had paid for it though, that's money that I could have invested or put into a game that actually had content for me.

[SLIPMAT INTENSIFIES]

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-06-30 at 12:39 AM.