Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tired of Negative News

So here is an uplifting and positive article/ video about a community helping each other.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/06/...g-to-work.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dicedspam View Post
    So here is an uplifting and positive article/ video about a community helping each other.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/06/...g-to-work.html
    Cool. How about fixing the economy so people don't have to work slave labor wages that keeps them in eternal poverty needing the charity of strangers? Or creating a working public transportation system that reduces the insane reliance of cars in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Cool. How about fixing the economy so people don't have to work slave labor wages that keeps them in eternal poverty needing the charity of strangers? Or creating a working public transportation system that reduces the insane reliance of cars in the US?
    Slaves did not get paid. Stop using the world slave so frivolously, its absolutely offensive to the horrors endured by people in the past and even today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Slaves did not get paid. Stop using the world slave so frivolously, its absolutely offensive to the horrors endured by people in the past and even today.
    Chattel slaves did not get paid.

There's more than one form of slavery.

Tell me more oh wise one. Sing me the song of your people!

Or you know instead of saving for a car he could just have bought a bicyle instead of using a car for a 5km commute.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Chattel slaves did not get paid.

There's more than one form of slavery.
    Yeah there are other types of slavery but Chattel slavery is the main one and is certainly the main one that most people think about when they think about the word slavery. I'm certainly not talking about sex trafficking and forced marriages.

but is it me or does this story sound very weird I think there is more to it.
    Last edited by Shinra1; 2017-06-29 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, Allybeba didnt make this one?

While I agree with the OP - it's sadly not going to go away while our country's dumbass-in-chief is the living personification of "Negative News".

How do you folks make it through life with such negativity? The sky is always falling!

- - - Updated - - -

And politics had zero bearing on my post. We should help each other and not rely on our shitty politicians.

Negative news sells!!
    Article from Psychology Today
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-love-bad-news

And another from Psychology Today on how it can effect your psychological health.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ffects-tv-news

Be careful out there everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Or you know instead of saving for a car he could just have bought a bicyle instead of using a car for a 5km commute.
    What if he can get a better job now that he has a car. Think before you respond.

What if he can get a better job now that he has a car. Think before you respond.
    What if he worked the 1.5h longer each day that he saved by going by bicycle instead of walking and could have earned the car by now? Think before you respond.

Slaves made a pretty good living by today's standards depending on what era and who owned them.

I would support a model of slavery resembling the Greece.

People who elect Trumps and read Fox News should have to endure all kinds of negative news.

And politics had zero bearing on my post. We should help each other and not rely on our shitty politicians.
    Politics? really?

Let me tell you what I said to my father back durring the primaries when he asked me about Dumbass Dump:

"I have no problem with Donald Trump running for president. Absolutley none. And why? Because history has shown us that hateful spiteful idiots like him get ousted by people who have common sense and inteligence. My problem isn't with Donald Trump - my problem is with the fucking idiots who are supporting him!"

You think We're talking about Politicians!? I'll ask you a question - who the fuk put those horrible negative-spreading politicans in there, and - more importantly - why did they!? The current white-house is a reflection of the Dumbass society we've raised - the very negative and absolutely hate-filled human scum that spread the very stuff you're trying to fight against placed that joke of government in there to make their dream paradise of making their hatred completely moral and validated come true. If we get Dumbass Dump out of there, do you think that will change? Or will the Negative people look for the next cockroach who will validate their own hate-filled views and souless selfishess and shove him into office? So much so that it's made even ME into a part-time Negative nancy who comes onto forums and vent as well! >_<

Sorry, this time I don't believe feel-good stories will help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    People who elect Trumps and read Fox News should have to endure all kinds of negative news.
    Endure? They're the living personification of negative news. They THRIVE on it! It is what they exist for as it allows them to say "Well, what makes be more superior than anybody else is because I'm not one of THEM!" It doesn't matter who "Them" is: Liberal, Black, Mexican, LGBT, Atheist, ect... they live to have their pathetic existence validated because they're failures in their own lives, and they can't take it. So, since they can't be good people and rise above it, they have to bring everybody else down to their level of human scum.

Endure? They're the living personification of negative news. They THRIVE on it! It is what they exist for as it allows them to say "Well, what makes be more superior than anybody else is because I'm not one of THEM!" It doesn't matter who "Them" is: Liberal, Black, Mexican, LGBT, Atheist, ect... they live to have their pathetic existence validated because they're failures in their own lives, and they can't take it. So, since they can't be good people and rise above it, they have to bring everybody else down to their level of human scum.
    That......that's exactly what the left is doing right now

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Slaves made a pretty good living by today's standards depending on what era and who owned them.

I would support a model of slavery resembling the Greece.
    I would not support any slavery. I grew up in a poor migrant worker family, traveling across the US , following the crop seasons in each state. Some would think that was a form of slavery, but we got paid. It was low pay and hard work. But the adults in the family chose to work like that. As soon as I turned 17, I joined the Army to get away from it. If I had been a slave to my family or anyone, I could not have made that choice.

Not disputing your claim some slaves had it better than others. That is true. But I will take freedom any day over any slavery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    But we actually do not. The news lately has been very positive and entertaining. This election has been the most entertaining and positive since Reagan was elected.

Destiny Streamers Raise $1,000,000 for GuardianCon

There has been some pretty monumental achievements when it comes to raising money for charity through the power of video gaming. Yesterday, we reported on GuardianCon, in which Destiny streamers took to Twitch to raise money for a worthy cause. Today, via Reddit, it has been confirmed that the streams has raised an absolutely incredible $1,000,000 for St.Jude Children’s Research hospital.

At the time of writing yesterday, players and contributors had raised a whopping $760,000 for the cause, which already smashed the previous year’s total of $564,000. We see many charitable occurrences on the Twitch platform, and this is one that is most certainly up there with the best of them.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Wait, Allybeba didnt make this one?
    You can tell because his signature sign off is missing.

Good evening everyone.