Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    In the campaign, which is gameplay.

You can keep throwing around your "objectively better" (in your opinion) buzzwords, but the matter of the fact is that when the story moves forward on levels that surpass gameplay, it's not our characters being the center of attention... it's the lore characters.
    The campaign isn't gameplay, the campaign is the story arc of much of this expansion. That's why it, you know, revolves entirely around advancing the storyline.

As for Legion being praised as the best expansion since TBC or Wrath, that's just a pure falsehood. It was praised at its launch, but then so was WoD. At this point Legion is being dumpstered on for its complete lack of PVP balance, its focus on repetitive needlessly gated tasks aimed at singleplayer playstyle, its RNG-on-RNG-on-RNG loot system, and its focus on RNG legendaries that make or break class balance. It's hardly being held up anymore as a shining example of the game.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-06-29 at 11:39 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Why? Well... why the hell do I want to play a game where I'm busting my ass all day and fighting all these battles just to hear about how great aforementioned Prince High Jackass VII is? When you go to work, and absolutely crush projections for the week, do you want to end your day hearing your boss tell you how great your supervisor is, or do you want a pat on the back for a job well done?
    The difference is, I can interact with my place of employment in a meaningful way. Should I do well enough, I get promoted and can end up having an impact of the direction of the company. The PC can be promoted, but they can never have an impact on direction.

People wanted us to confront Sargeras, and now that we're on his doorstep people are complaining that we shouldn't be able to. It's impossible for Blizzard to please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I never claimed WoW was "dead" or "deserted." Again, congratulations taking down arguments that were never made. The polls you linked are laughable, and the fact that you think otherwise implies you're either refusing to admit you're wrong, or legitimately don't understand why they're bad, which is worse.
    You're not the only one in this thread, I hope you know.

Polls are polls, they ask people to vote for options based on a premise set by the ones forming the poll. I've seen multi-choice polls used by government organs on far more serious topics than what expansion people enjoyed the most for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    The fact that Blizz said during the last earnings call that LEgion was only slightly ahead of WOD during the same time frame, coupled with the fact that 7.2 and 7.2.5 have been a shit show, its not really out of the real of possibility to infer those numbers. Only blizzard knows but since they now changed the meteric to Time played instead of subs...they are able to hide the loss of players.
    It's an old game in a fading genre. Of course it is losing players. I think the player base has gotten to the point that a certain subset will just hate anything they do on general principle and blame the losses on whatever pet cause they despise this week, instead of that reality. Isn't Overwatch a bigger earner for Blizzard at this point anyway? Hearthstone and HotS are close too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering you have a history of attacking points that were never argued, and were quoting me directly with no discernible break, I'm going to have to not give you the benefit of the doubt.

Polls are polls, they ask people to vote for options based on a premise set by the ones forming the poll. I've seen multi-choice polls used by government organs on far more serious topics than what expansion people enjoyed the most for a game.
    Those polls also have proper sample sizes and other forms of control which we lack here. Removing those additional knobs and breakdowns, whilst still allowing multiple choice skews results.

Considering you have a history of attacking points that were never argued, and were quoting me directly with no discernible break, I'm going to have to not give you the benefit of the doubt.

Those polls also have proper sample sizes and other forms of control which we lack here. Removing those additional knobs and breakdowns, whilst still allowing multiple choice skews results.
    I linked you a poll with far more voters than anything you yourself linked.

I'd say that poll is a better one then, going by your requirements?

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to get back on topic:
    IMO it's easy enough to write an end to the Legion story that results in our characters laying down their rank and station, willingly relinquish their artifact weapon to a ranking member of their order, and walk away. As for the narrative behind that? Make it up however you want. My example would be that our character was forced to make a shitty decision for the greater good, and doesn't feel deserving of their renown any longer. Walks away. New adventure next expansion. Done.

So if you want a de-escalation of the story that our players are involved in, that's one of the cleanest ways to go.

10+ Year Old Account

Polls that can actually be trusted use things like random selection and proper sample size, which this forum does not have. This is a place only a complete fool would go to to get balanced feedback on pretty much any topic.

OT: The storyline has jumped the shark. We're in the decade of Spiderman clones phase at this point, which essentially means we're in garbage-tier writing caused by a lack of ideas and an over-use of powerful enemies.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

A history of attacking points never argued? Um, no.

If I "attack" a point, it's been made, if not by 1 person in particular then in the thread relating to the topic being discussed.

In the history of this site, you know which expansion is always, consistently near the top of any poll of the worst expansions ever? The current one. Hell, I've seen people waxing nostalgic about Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Polls that can actually be trusted use things like random selection and proper sample size, which this forum does not have. This is a place only a complete fool would go to to get balanced feedback on pretty much any topic.
    One of the polls I linked was not from these forums, and had a far bigger pool of voters than the polls from this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference is, I can interact with my place of employment in a meaningful way. Should I do well enough, I get promoted and can end up having an impact of the direction of the company. The PC can be promoted, but they can never have an impact on direction.
    And that's fair. But as I mentioned in the edit (which you probably haven't seen because of the pagesplit), games are an active narrative medium. If I want to hear about how great other characters are, I can watch a movie, read a book, or listen to an audiobook or audio drama. In a game, I do expect my character to attain recognition and accolades for the things my character accomplishes; even if the nature of the relationship between creator and consumer means I have no direct impact on the plot progression, the in-game plot certainly does take into account the player character's actions.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    In the history of this site, you know which expansion is always, consistently near the top of any poll of the worst expansions ever? The current one. Hell, I've seen people waxing nostalgic about Cata.
    I've seen people waxing nostalgic about WoD out here. People I remember clear as day being among the most feral critics of WoD when it was current.

That's why the poll I linked which showed Legion in a good light was refreshing when it came. But apparently it's "not legitimate" because multi-choice options and being so early in the expansion's life... So the other poll I linked was not from MMO-C, and had a bigger pool of voters.

Deleted
    Ah, this thread again. You can keep killing the bandits in Elwynn Forest if you don't want to feel special.

Final raid tier boss: a wolf that stole some chicken from a local farm

That's what you want, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Megalovania?

You're going to have a bad time
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by artline View Post
    Hi everyone!

Have you feel that WoW is receiving some of Diablo shit things?

Insane power escalation
    RNG drops of insane itens
    RNG damaging
    Killing gods, angels, devils or anyone that join the history we are not capable of killing.

I miss the old World of Warcraft they when you were having adventures in Boot Bay or even during the climbing of Northrend mountains! This was adventure! WoW was cool when you could connect and join a fantasy world with good feelings.

Nowdays we are only fighting gods, super gods, mega gods, alfa, omega, hitting millions, billions, trillions, wearing the most powerfull things of galaxy and beyond.

Who is driving the megalomaniac plan for World of Warcraft have to stop, next expansion what?
    Eacher player receive your own sentinax to attack other planets
    Now your weapon is a phone where you command your army
    Your new enemy is the world before the big bang, because gul dan had time traveled before the big bang to change the formula of water
    BRAND NEW! you can play wow using your Steering Wheel to pilot your sentinax!
    Bonus: Purchase in pre order and receive extra nitro and customized colors for your sentinax!

Wtf is happening, serious!

I remember when we had a bad evil tribe of trolls! Your enemy was the bad guy of school...
    please stop be megalomaniac, Warcraft was much more interesting than World of Insanity

IF someone enjoy the megalomaniac idea, please give your view, i want learn how to love it too.
    I see... go play hello kitty online. Might suit your needs.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I linked you a poll with far more voters than anything you yourself linked.

I'd say that poll is a better one then, going by your requirements?
    All polls linked have been off proper sample size, that's the point. We also lack metrics such as control groups (Casual, PvPer, Raider, etc.) Without such ways to breakdown and class data, multiple choice polls on a subject like this are going to be laughably bad.

The fact that you're struggling with such simple concepts suggests that you really don't know much about polling. I'm not even trying to be rude, but your posts seem to contain a lot of misconceptions and wrong ideas.

A history of attacking points never argued? Um, no.

If I "attack" a point, it's been made, if not by 1 person in particular then in the thread relating to the topic being discussed.
    Considering you were accusing me of saying that the story itself was "objectively" bad rather than a particular aspect of storytelling have an objectively bad impact on something else entirely... Well, yes, you've been attacking things that haven't been argued.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    And that's fair. But as I mentioned in the edit (which you probably haven't seen because of the pagesplit), games are an active narrative medium. If I want to hear about how great other characters are, I can watch a movie, read a book, or listen to an audiobook or audio drama. In a game, I do expect my character to attain recognition and accolades for the things my character accomplishes; even if the nature of the relationship between creator and consumer means I have no direct impact on the plot progression, the in-game plot certainly does take into account the player character's actions.
    Amen.

The books being written and such are still focused on lore characters, not player characters. I would've been pretty pissed if my Class Order Hall campaign would've ended with an NPC getting the title and the mount. I'm not pissed however by the overall story not pertaining to gameplay being focused on what happens to NPC's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Final raid tier boss: a wolf that stole some chicken from a local farm
    That's serious stuff, can't have a wolf running around killing your farm animals maybe even kill a child.