Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    I don't think it's right for anyone to expect Alleria to join the Horde. But the biggest thing is that people don't think she'll forsake her people to join the current Alliance, swearing fealty to a 17-year old kid whose dad was the exiled boy king of a kingdom that was destroyed before the Alliance was formed and not rebuilt until long after she was beyond the Dark Portal. It's silly to think she'd join the Alliance in an active role that would hurt the blood elves or their interests, as long as she receives all the facts without any half-truths or outright lies from Vereesa and other blind Alliance-propaganda-spewing loyalists.
    Personally I assume she'll remain functionally neutral, as in being accessible to both Horde and Alliance players, for the duration of 7.3 content. This is all more about what might or might not happen in the future if she proves to be a factor in it whatsoever.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

She is pretty much gonna do a khadgar and be neutral its the only logical choice her and Turalylon is can make.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post
    She is pretty much gonna do a khadgar and be neutral its the only logical choice her and Turalylon is can make.
    Blizzard would be hitting the pipe a litte too hard if they honestly think Horde want to run around and follow Khadgar and CO. for another xpac.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Feel like after fighting Legion and being part of Army of Light, it would just be strange if they join either Horde/Alliance.
    They'll probably be the ones who try to end faction conflict altogether and point out how pointless it is after all we went through.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    Although fucking ridiculous that you made a thread and didn't even propose a real topic, I guess I'll contribute.

Any chance of Alleria becoming a Blood Elf leader if Lor'themar is busy/dies?
    They are the same High Elven people she stood with before, so wouldn't they still respect her?

Or is she absolutely Alliance for life?
    Why in the world would Alleria side with the Elves that joined Orcs/Trolls, whom she despises?

What about the Forsaken? The Lich Queen who raises humans and tests diseases on them?

Alleria would be appalled.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Why in the world would Alleria side with the Elves that joined Orcs/Trolls, whom she despises?

What about the Forsaken? The Lich Queen who raises humans and tests diseases on them?

You're right, she would still love humans after she learned one wiped out 90% of her race and later on humans again tried to execute their prince and the remainder of her people. People always seem to forget the second half of that argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You're right, she would still love humans after she learned one wiped out 90% of her race and later on humans again tried to execute their prince and the remainder of her people. People always seem to forget the second half of that argument.
    Seeing Alleria get whole download on exactly what went down during the Third War would be very interesting - sadly, I don't think we'll see just yet (if at all). I have no idea how she would react to Arthas butchering Anasterian and the majority of her people. Or how she would react to Kael'thas selling out to the Legion as a response. For some reason I'm imagining Vereesa and Sylvanas trying to walk it to her with contradictory and entirely partisan perspectives while she simply sits there, numb with ever-growing horror.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Blizzard would be hitting the pipe a litte too hard if they honestly think Horde want to run around and follow Khadgar and CO. for another xpac.
    Thing is the horde wont be but we players might its not like we havent done things that could get us court marshaled after all we couldve killed tyrande in Val and we we didnt.

Lmao, why in the world are you asking me all that first when I was asking the question to get an answer.

She's been fighting with Turalyon in the Army of Light, right? Was it exactly far fetched for me to expect she might have her head wrapped around what's good and bad in the universe? (at least by Blizzards standards these days. :P RIP Horde-being-villains. )
    I was asking, not forgetting lore. In fact, I don't know anything -about- Alleria besides she's a Windrunner and has been missing since WC2 with the other Sons of Lothar.

So was the smartass approach really necessary? Nope.

Why in the world would Alleria side with the Elves (the majority of her people) that were forced to join Orcs/an unrelated group of Trolls to the ones she despises,
    because the Alliance betrayed their prince and sentenced 15% (50% more than the entirety of all surviving high elves scattered across the entire world combined) of the surviving population to death, then betrayed them again in Burning Crusade by sending spies and deception and invading key points of their defenses in the Ghostlands while pretending to be interested in getting them back into the Alliance?

What about the Forsaken? The Lich Queen who raises enemy humans and tests diseases on enemies?

Alleria should be appalled. At Vereesa and the Alliance.
    Fixed that for you.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2017-07-07 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well, while I don't personally want the Nightborne to join the Horde in their entirety, I don't quite have the same emotions as you. I would prefer the Nightborne remain their own people (e.g. neutral and appearing periodically as questgiver NPC's or the like) or possibly as an alternative racial texture for both Night Elves and/or Blood Elves if such a feature is ever released.
    Well, I think the Horde had more of the elven focus that it needed already and there's definitely no need to add further fuel on the engine. They can be whatever they want and make all the cameo appereances they want as long they don't go as far as becoming an Horde race (or even an Alliance one for that matter, between Night, Blood and goddamn High Elves we have all the elves we need and more).

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Nightborne for Horde
    No and

High Elves for Alliance!
    Hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    So Alleria still hates the Horde for what they've done to her people during WII ?

Love it. I hope she will finally lead the High elves into the Alliance as some of them have already been datamined on Argus.
    Easy to hate something all your memories attached on it run back to Second War times. Vereesa mentioning Sylvanas' fate as Warchief does nothing to add any further context on that little bit of information. Like, you know, 90% of her remaining people being part of that Horde as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Hopefully she will end up horrible mutated so we can kill her. Culling elves one by one.
    If only.

She might have a disdain for Humans but she has a strong dislike of Orcs and Trolls, both key races of the Horde.
    And those Horde-aligned Trolls have been instrumental during patch 4.1 to fight off the Amani/Zandalari partnership and prevent Quel'Thalas to suffer rather severe repercussions from it.

Misplaced hatred out of ignorance is understandable but hating the Horde for having Trolls that effectively helped defending her homeland against the other Trolls she actually fought and threatened it while bearing possession of such knowledge would be outright asinine.

You're right, she would still love humans after she learned one wiped out 90% of her race
    Nonsense, Arthas is misguided person who was mind controlled 24/7 and wanted to do good all the time. Torturing Sylvanas was an act of justice, he knew what she would have become and wanted to save the world from being devoured by salt.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-07-08 at 01:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    And those Horde-aligned Trolls have been instrumental during patch 4.1 to fight off the Amani/Zandalari partnership and prevent Quel'Thalas to suffer rather severe repercussions from it.

Misplaced hatred out of ignorance is understandable but hating the Horde for having Trolls that effectively helped defending her homeland against the other Trolls she actually fought and threatened it while bearing possession of such knowledge would be outright asinine.
    Something I doubt she knows anything about - and even if she did, she might not care overly. Given her existing biases she would no doubt view the Darkspear's actions in Zul'Aman as entirely self-serving (which, to a point, they kind of were though not in the manner she would be thinking of). I think Alleria would be inclined to view the Horde in the worst possible light by default, though probably not entirely incapable of seeing that perspective; especially in light of her own experiences and tapping into an source of power looked on with suspicion by her immediate peers.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this is ultimately pointless. Sylvanas will be as emotional as a banshee can be after first seeing her, then when Alleria starts pointing fingers to the other Horde races, Sylvanas will say this;

This storypoint is how she'll gain more favour amongs the other leaders, at some (not so fast) point, Alleria will learn of the orcs and trolls of the new Horde and change her view.

I'm more curious to know what she'll say when you know, she sees that her sister is A GHOST POSSESING HER CORPSE.

Or more likely one of em will end up getting the short stick, It's Blizzard we're talking about.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2017-07-08 at 02:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Something I doubt she knows anything about - and even if she did, she might not care overly. Given her existing biases she would no doubt view the Darkspear's actions in Zul'Aman as entirely self-serving (which, to a point, they kind of were though not in the manner she would be thinking of).
    Well, even if that was the case (and it would be only if someone would see Vol'jin's mission to maintain the Horde intact and "healthy" as a self-serving pursuit, which isn't technically incorrect but sort of a stretch nonetheless) any critique on that matter would be quite rich if coming from Alleria, given how her Alliance allegiance has been all but self-serving in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, even if that was the case (and it would be only if someone would see Vol'jin's mission to maintain the Horde intact and "healthy" as a self-serving pursuit, which isn't technically incorrect but sort of a stretch nonetheless) any critique on that matter would be quite rich if coming from Alleria, given how her Alliance allegiance has been all but self-serving in the first place.
    Well, I would never say she was incapable of rank hypocrisy - that's kind of a Windrunner specialty would seem, from her to Vereesa to Sylvanas all the way down to the late, great Zendarin. Hell, one might go as far to say hypocrisy is a bit of an Elven tradition if they were so inclined.

10+ Year Old Account

Lor'themar Theron and the citizens of Silvermoon finally getting new guard models? Hit me up please.
    For the Horde!

Well, I would never say she was incapable of rank hypocrisy - that's kind of a Windrunner specialty would seem, from her to Vereesa to Sylvanas all the way down to the late, great Zendarin. Hell, one might go as far to say hypocrisy is a bit of an Elven tradition if they were so inclined.
    Most characters tend to be hypocrites in one way or another, the windrunners are just very obvious just as racism is spread far and wide in Azeroth. It is likely, Alleria will never really trust the horde in general , Orcs and Trolls in particular and will most likely never fully understand why her people have chosen to side with them.

It's a pretty easy breakdown, all in all. She's a member of the "Sons of Lothar," all of whom are Alliance luminaries and heroes. She very close to Turalyon, who was previously a high-ranked commander of the Alliance forces during the Second War. She might have a disdain for Humans but she has a strong dislike of Orcs and Trolls, both key races of the Horde. And, tellingly, she reacts with horror to the notion that her sister now leads the Horde "after all they did to our people during the war" (in her own words). She considers the damage to the High Elves and Quel'thalas a product of the Horde and not just the Amani.
    So at best she's pro-Sons of Lothar. If that automatically means one is pro-Alliance, you should inform Khadgar of it, because it seems he lost that memo. And it took him merely a few years of hanging around Naaru to drop his faction allegiance. Meanwhile Alleria still clings to "hers", despite being Quel'thalas loyalist first and foremost, after a thousand years of handing with the Naaru (which dwarfs her time spent even in Sons of Lothar by few hundredfold). Because the hatred she had for Orcs magically reignited after she already dropped it, because she had many encounters with the Orcs on Argus or something.

Meanwhile in the real world, Alleria has ever been pro-Alliance in general in about the same capacity as Gruul. They teamed up with Alliance for their own reasons, to achieve their own goals. Damn, I never knew Gruul was such an amazing Alliance patriot. Someone should build him a statute at the gates of Stormwind, for he is the lost member of Sons of Lothar. The Horde should build one for their best bud Deathwing too. And if she considers the damage to be the product of the Horde, it only means the defense of her strong Alliance feelings is another retcon given how the Horde fucked off from Quel'thalas because they weren't getting anywhere.

Stormwind obviously considers her commitment quite deep - deep enough to erect a giant statue of her in the capitol city of the Alliance. Dropping her hatred of Horde is, to use your turn of phrase, a "Melas Chasma-deep" distance from openly embracing them as allies and letting bygones be bygones. She may no longer be driven by unreasoning hatred but, as I said above, that doesn't imply she's either forgiven or forgotten the events of the Second War. Elves have long memories to match their long lives.
    And Stormwind's fancies reflect on Alleria how? They weren't even particularly involved in the whole Sons of Lothar thing, having been almost decimated at the time and then busy with rebuilding their city. And again, Khadgar. He also has a statue there. Yet, he works with the Horde all the time, even against the orders of his queen. So Stormwind considering quite clearly matters squat.

And her current stance on the Horde is closer to her frenzied state than mere distancing herself from them, to the point she pulls out some immense devastation done by the Horde in her land that never happened. Distancing oneself from the Horde proper and distrusting them is Sylvanas' stance when she joined them. Alleria's reaction (including what wasn't there, which is her not inquiring about Sylvanas' fate further just because she leads the Horde) is her hate-boner regrowing for no reason other than shitty writing.

Seeing Alleria get whole download on exactly what went down during the Third War would be very interesting - sadly, I don't think we'll see just yet (if at all). I have no idea how she would react to Arthas butchering Anasterian and the majority of her people. Or how she would react to Kael'thas selling out to the Legion as a response. For some reason I'm imagining Vereesa and Sylvanas trying to walk it to her with contradictory and entirely partisan perspectives while she simply sits there, numb with ever-growing horror.
    And the reason we're not seeing it is because she randomly stopped asking questions because of Sylvanas leading the Horde. Because her deep Thalassian Alliance patriotism () made her so appalled that she instantly stopped caring about her people and her sibling (even though those were the exact reasons she raged against the Orcs in the first place and why she became an Alliance "patriot").

And what exactly would be partisan about Sylvanas' description of the Scourge invasion and the following events? Scourge invaded, Arthas decided to wipe out the Blood Elves because Sylvanas' persistence pissed him off, he raised her, she rebelled, she was forced to join the Horde despite her dislike of Orcs, because they were the only ones who accepted Forsaken reaching out, she then helped Blood Elves join the Horde, which they accepted because the Alliance was sabotaging their remaining defenses. Later on Alliance started a war. Those are all facts of the lore.

Meanwhile Vereesa decided to identify herself with the traitorous exiles that she wasn't a part of (since she was busy being coddled by Dalaran's magic while her people suffered withdrawal) over the majority of her race for no apparent reason and then started to hate the Blood Elves because of her cousin.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-07-08 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Alleria's information regarding the current situation of Quel'thalas also comes only from Vereesa, who is extremely biased. The question is how she will think of the Horde once she hears Sylvanas' version of the story. Whenever that might be.

Yeah, see, hating on an entire species because of one individual isn't nowhere near hating on an entire species for most of that species allying with orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    She's an undead testing deadly diseases on the living, mostly innocent humans she captured from Hillsbrad since Vanilla. Spin that whatever way you want, it doesn't get any less evil. When the Alliance destroyed Taurajo everyone was up in arms yet the Forsaken fanboys seem to forgive Sylvanas for targeting farmers.

They are twisting souls, that is evil and always will be.

" Isn't it obvious, Warchief? I server the Horde. "

Not even Garrosh believed that shite. Neither should you.