Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I haven't been on a summer break for centuries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You can make a thread asking if people are in highschool or not. Let's see who is right.
    Making thread about it would be pointless. That's the problem with poorly performed "analysis" of anything - it doesn't show any useful data. All you would get from such thread is some data from people that read the thread and are willing to respond. It may well be that that particular group belong to one age group while being representative of the majority. To get any useful data that can paint somewhat accurate picture you need big sample from random people from whole section, not just these that lurk in one particular forum. Point is if you don't have creditable data, which you don't, don't go talking about "majorities" because you're talking out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    52 here.
    And I can only laugh at the idea of taking any time off during the summer.

Hey!!! Me too ! - well, the 52 part!

Both son and daughter are home for the summer. SO and I are both self-employed now, so we're taking a couple of weeks in August to go camping with the kids and girlfriend/boyfriends (oh yeh - THAT sounds good ;P Only one of each, and unlike their parents, they're straight ;P )

Other than that - same old - just this summer is....messier...blew the filter up opening the pool so next week that'll be a nice job. Cracked 2 sections of the dock installing it - so there's ANOTHER job, and my roof needs replacing - desperately (26 years old, and it shows, unfortunately)

Going to be a busy summer (and the weather has been CRAP so far :/)

Deleted
    I ended my exam season 14 days ago. Started working 13 days ago. Will work until 3th of September and then its back to school on the 6th.

I try to get in some gym/beach/ nights with friends in the mix as i can.

Deleted
    I wish I could just chill. But I'm an adult :/

7+ Year Old Account
    internship.

working for the next 2 weeks at my uncles place.
    the first day today was insanely dirty and exhausting, he even wants me there at around 7:30am.

he spits on mercy im telling you.

after that, games and chill? i guess.
    might search for some summer job during august.

Formerly known as Arafal

Nothing, chilling at home with with my fan blowing air at me. I hate most summers cuz they're hot as fuck. Currently studying computer science in a polytechnic (institute of technology is what you call it in the US?) and I get 3 months of summer vacations every year and fuck me, I'm not spending a single of these days working. I'll be home, covering all my windows so the sun doesn't make my place a living hell.

So far summer's been good to me - the amount of days where the temperature was 30 degrees celsius and above can be illustrated using one of your hands. I pray to the weather gods that it stays this way for the vast majority of summer (average 20-23c where I live). I hate summer. I love autumn and winter.

I truly hate sitting in one place just using my fingers to click keys on my keyboard and sweating like in a sauna at the same time. It's just torture whenever the temp is at 28c and above.

Whenever I'm asked why I hate summer I like to answer with this - whenever you're cold in winter, you just add more clothes. Whenever you're hot in summer, there's only so many clothes you can take off before you're arrested.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2017-07-03 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Can't you get a window or portable AC in your flat?
    I don't think so. Even though the apartment is yours, the building isn't, I need permission to install that and even if they allowed it, it's expensive. I haven't seen any of those "look he's got AC" thingys outside people's windows or balconies. I'm using a big fan whenever things get ridiculously hot, but that only delays the inevitable. Sleeping during hot summers is a nightmare.

Deleted
    Same as during not summer breaks; NEET things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    What if I told you some first world countries give their citizens the right to a 3 week vacation during the summer.
    Shhh don't shatter his illusions of Canada vs. rest of the world.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky.

Play shitloads of video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Work.... Taking my holiday in September, gonna travel to Greece then.

playing wow obviously

Deleted
    When I was still in school I used to work every summer and save up money to start a business.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexise View Post
    Going on forced vacation to Rhodos. Nothing to do there. Binging Overlord and watching Sacriel and the MSTK3000 marathon on twitch on laptop. Posting on forums on my tablet.

Nothing to do back home. Quit wow acouple of weeks ago, too many shitt features this expansion. Waiting for sept 14th when divinity original sin 2 comes out.
    Only when you're working as an adult you realize that there's a lot to do on Mediterranean islands like Rhodos:
    - Relax in the sun, by the pool or in the sea. We have so few opportunities to completely forget about the daily rat race that simply doing nothing for 2 weeks feels like the biggest luxury in the world.
    - Go hiking. Rhodos has a wonderfully diverse topography. Visit the many vineyards and olive groves.
    - Eat and drink. Their cuisine is great. Sit on a terrace outside of a cafe and just talk the day away.
    - Educate yourself: visit their musea, the Acropolis of Lindos, the ancient cities of Kamiros and Ialyssos.
    - Rent a boat and get out there.

Man I could go to Rhodos right about now.

Go somewhere and have fun/hike with my gf.

Going to Iceland mid august to hike the laugavegurinn/fimmvörðuháls trail
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Jesus the people in this thread being "time off, what is that?"

Just what backwards countries do you live in. Get in contact with your Union man. Everyone in Denmark gets 3 weeks.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Festivals, only been one this year but it was worth it just to see ice cube. Other then that just relaxing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be on vacation volunteering on Circumpolar Ural ultramarathon
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.