Question Healers, what _OTHER_ healer would you take?

Healers, what _OTHER_ class healer would you take...

For a mythic plus low key? Why?

For a mythic plus high key (10+)? Why?

For a 2/3/9 raid setup? Why?

You can't pick your own class (or spec in the case of priests).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnhild View Post
    hpally for the dps they bring.

hpally for the spot healing and dps they bring

rsham - cooldowns & aoe healing
    hpally - tank healing & spot healing
    hpriest - aoe healing and overall throughput

I main a resto druid.

7+ Year Old Account
    I main a holy priest.

For a low level mythic+?

Resto druid for their affinity and go-go-go healing.

For a high end mythic+?

Holy paladin for solid spot healing and dps.

For a 2/3/9 raid setup?

Resto Shaman for cooldowns.
    Resto Druid for raid healing.
    Holy Pally for tank healing.

Low key - Hpally, really strong dps

High key - Resto druid, all around really really strong healer with a brez. Strongest m+ heals easy. With a shit ton of utility with it, (typhoon, ursols, stuns) great for some affixes.

Raid - Hpally for tank heals
    Rdruid for op CD and just strong as f heals
    Rsham for CDs, aoe heals and ability to cheese mechanics with SLT.

I main a holy priest But if I added in Hpriest somewhere, it would only be to low keys, because their aoe dps is actually pretty hidden op.

Deleted
    I'm not a main healer anymore but I have been from BC->MoP and I still off-heal in Legion, my picks:

- Low M+? Holy Paladin for the DPS.
    - High M+? Resto Druid, they are just so strong and versatile. Strong heals, easy to keep the group topped up and a lot of utility.
    - 2/3/9? Holy Priest, Holy Paladin, Resto Druid. Easily. These 3 complement each other perfectly, though if I can pick my own class I'd replace the Holy Priest with a Resto Shaman for GOAT healing comp.

I play Resto Shaman when I heal.

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnonymous View Post
    Holy paladin for solid spot healing and dps.
    A huge chunk of holy pallys dps, comes from using a healing CD as an offensive. Which you really can't do in high m+, and you can't burn all that mana on dps.

Pallys dps isn't really a factor when looking at high m+ keys.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    A huge chunk of holy pallys dps, comes from using a healing CD as an offensive. Which you really can't do in high m+, and you can't burn all that mana on dps.

Pallys dps isn't really a factor when looking at high m+ keys.
    I disagree. I think it depends on the affixes. For example, tyrannical plus quite a few bosses = not much to heal but so much to dps down. The healer dps can be really key to make that timer. Plus, mana isn't really a factor if you know when to drink. As a Holy Priest, I drop Enlightenment (mana regen talent), run double throughput trinkets, and take all of the highest mana sucking talents because I can just sit to drink anytime I need. Even getting only 20% mana between pulls is enough to keep going if you know what you're doing.

And of course, I'd probably switch the HPal out for a Resto Druid on certain affixes. But if I had to go in blind in higher keys, my biggest issue as a HPriest is the tank going from 100 to 0 in seconds flat, so I choose a HPal, who I'd say is the only other healer who is better at healing tanks than an HPriest since we're just sitting here as a Jack of all trades.

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnonymous View Post
    I disagree. I think it depends on the affixes. For example, tyrannical plus quite a few bosses = not much to heal but so much to dps down. The healer dps can be really key to make that timer. Plus, mana isn't really a factor if you know when to drink. As a Holy Priest, I drop Enlightenment (mana regen talent), run double throughput trinkets, and take all of the highest mana sucking talents because I can just sit to drink anytime I need. Even getting only 20% mana between pulls is enough to keep going if you know what you're doing.

And of course, I'd probably switch the HPal out for a Resto Druid on certain affixes. But if I had to go in blind in higher keys, my biggest issue as a HPriest is the tank going from 100 to 0 in seconds flat, so I choose a HPal, who I'd say is the only other healer who is better at healing tanks than an HPriest since we're just sitting here as a Jack of all trades.
    But what about the fact a hpally needs to use a healing cd to do a huge portion of that dps, not having that available for an oh shit is pretty crappy. Their utility is great, I think they're a very very close 2nd to resto druids. But if you go through a whole run without wiping, it's extremely rare that you wouldn't complete the key. Because it's not about the dmg, but how much time you lose wiping.

So the brez from rdruids, especially on tyrannical, is extremely valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    10/11 really can be done with any healer imo.. it's those tyrannical 12/13/14/15+ that really stand out. I only have a HPal perspective and I would say group comp/what week matters more than anything. For instance: we +2'd a Arcway 15 last week pretty darn easily.. this week the boss's arent too hard, but the adds are cancer. Example: did a kara upper 15.. boss's were fine, but the adds were hitting so hard, we hard to get the tank to kite the mobs.. just depends on overal group comp+what bad stuff happens that week.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...oore/Dacoolest

Why even take a healer? Whatever, it doesn't matter at all.

Hpally, very strong spot healing.

1. Hpally - tank healing, spot healing.
    2. Rshammy - AoE healing, cooldowns
    3. Frankly whatever left would work depending on encounter.
    3.1. Bursty fight, predictable damage patterns - disc priest - they do have super quick burst AoE after recent changes.
    3.2. A lot of sustained/ticking damage - Rdruid, you know why.
    3.3. "we couldn't be arsed to read mechanics" - holy priest / mw monk - as they seem to be jack of all trades kind of healers.

I heal with Rdruid mostly (we use Hpally, Rdruid, Disc combo), occasionally MW monk.
    Last edited by saradonin; 2017-06-30 at 10:16 AM.

Holy pala damage is overrated. It was very strong at the start of the xpac, but other healer classes damage got severly buffed by now.
    And especially for higher keys he cannot use holy shock as offensive ability, drastically reducing the dps.

Other than that, I agree that holy paladin and druid usually are a good pick, their strengths and weaknesses mostly depend on the affixes and if I could choose from equally geared healers from the tool I would pick one of those.
    But all healers are fine, I cannot think of a single spec I would refuse to take for m+. Even disc is in a very good spot now, although ironically disc lacks damage compared to the other healers.

Deleted

Low Key M+ .. doesn't really matter, most likely no healer at all if you have a DPS class that can offheal a bit.
    High Key M+ - HPally. Nice spot heals. Good DPS.
    For 2/3/9 raid - HPally, RShaman, HPriest. Good tank/spot heals, Good cooldowns and Good throughput raid healing.

I main RDruid