Can you recover items deleted or lost in time?

I know 100% (and more) I had collected the full lightforge set long before tmog was a thing. Today I got the full set but , no idea why, missing the feet.. I bought the replica from DM F but well, that is only a replica..

Can I ask a GM to recover me a item I might have lost 5 years ago? Did they keep the database entries from that period in their backups to recover from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    I know 100% (and more) I had collected the full lightforge set long before tmog was a thing. Today I got the full set but , no idea why, missing the feet.. I bought the replica from DM F but well, that is only a replica..

Can I ask a GM to recover me a item I might have lost 5 years ago? Did they keep the database entries from that period in their backups to recover from?
    Sadly, I have lost things too, to time. We cannot get help recovering things from that long ago. All we can do, it think of it, and don't do the mistakes again. Though, this time it can be recovered up to 1½ years (that is my personal record).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Beyond a narrow window of time, that outcome is unlikely to be in your favor. It's unlikely that they keep backups for five years. Even if they did, it's also unlikely that a game master would have access to said backups, depending on the company's internal policies.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone thats been playing for multiple years probably sold/disenchanted hundreds or thousands of items in the past that could have been added to the transmog interface. That includes many unobtainable items.

We aren't Velen's with knowing blizzard would add this in 2016 back in 2004 or even after Tmog became a thing, and even then bagspace would run out long before that :P

At least in your case there's still replica alternatives.

Blizz obviously is working on adding some stuff back again (timewalking kazzak/azuregos/green dragons was datamined, but not known when)

But still some dungeons were changed forever and loot lost as well like Zul'gurub etc (the remake has some but not all items)

Doesn't seem restoration goes back more then 3 months either.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-06 at 05:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure the time limitation on it, but there is an option in the game help menu to recover lost items. I have used it before. It has a long cooldown so you can't abuse it (I belive 30 days), but its worth checking just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't find it via Item Restoration then your chances are slim to none.

Wonder if a particularly happy GM would restore an item if you had a screenshot of it in your inventory from Vanilla? Has anyone ever gotten away with that?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥