Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    They removed GoSac and replaced it with GoSac, just like they removed e.g. Shadowburn and replaced it with Shadowburn. Blizzard tries to confuse the warlocks into thinking the abilities weren't lost by inserting some sh*tty new skills with identical names in their place. Some warlock players are actually buying it, unfortunately.
    You do know changing a spelll is not removing it right?
    back in the day Gosac gave us nothing but a buff based on the demon you sacced, now it gives you a dps buff.... Ok? how was that a "massive change"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    They removed GoSac and replaced it with GoSac, just like they removed e.g. Shadowburn and replaced it with Shadowburn. Blizzard tries to confuse the warlocks into thinking the abilities weren't lost by inserting some sh*tty new skills with identical names in their place. Some warlock players are actually buying it, unfortunately.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demonic_Sacrifice is the original talent. It hasn't really changed and isn't some bad new skill. But you seem to be buying the hate when there is no reason to. So kudos.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demonic_Sacrifice is the original talent. It hasn't really changed and isn't some bad new skill. But you seem to be buying the hate when there is no reason to. So kudos.
    Going from a flat damage increase to a trivial damage proc that is not effective in any real world situation is a massive change.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Going from a flat damage increase to a trivial damage proc that is not effective in any real world situation is a massive change.
    we also lose the HP gain we used to have aswell thanks to soulink

15+ Year Old Account
    It is still a % increase just a variable amount. That isn't a massive difference. The talent isn't perfect but it isn't that far off from the original and other incarnations. Though it is usually the weaker choice given the power of the other talents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    we also lose the HP gain we used to have aswell thanks to soulink
    That is really irrelevant because we have other methods of mitigation that we did not have at the time.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Fuck pets. Pets aren't what Warlock is about.
    That's right, we're about demons. Far more so than DoTs or Chaos Bolt.

It is still a % increase just a variable amount. That isn't a massive difference. The talent isn't perfect but it isn't that far off from the original and other incarnations. Though it is usually the weaker choice given the power of the other talents.
    Its a damage proc, not a flat damage increase, they're two completely different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    That's right, we're about demons. Far more so than DoTs or Chaos Bolt.
    One spec is, the other two notsomuch.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    BC and wrath they were one of the highest btw.
    Also hunter and warrior have tons. yes warlock have alot for their demons, but only 1 of them are useable per spec.
    Going inside of a faction city is something you can do solo though, the crafting mats cost some warlock up to 50K+
    no where did i say "blizzard has it out for us" i said, we have had the short end of the stick the most, or nearly the most, and this just adds to that
    do i need to mind Demo having had our most iconic ability 100% removed?

http://www.wowhead.com/hunter-glyph-items
    11 hunter. (However they can choose from hundreds of pets... so overall they have "the most" glyphs by being fair)
    9 warrior
    13 warlock (8 of them being demon changing glyphs... bare in mind you can only choose one of those each so change that down to about 4)

How do you know the "soulshard only showing for players" is inteded?
    Also paying tons of gold for a glyph, that literally does nothing without warning you, yeah it does matter.
    warlocks are not hurting for customize-on glyph's compared to other classes they have more then most.

One spec is, the other two notsomuch.
    All three use demons. There's no escaping it.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    play a mage
    And the award for a non sequitur goes to...

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a damage proc, not a flat damage increase, they're two completely different things.
    Right. I know that. You are however unaware of the ability for theory craft to figure out the percentage increase that proc will offer. If a proc can happen X amount of time for Y amount of damage you can factor out the % increase to dps that it will give. It also allows Blizzard to tweak a talent with out having to worry about every other ability in the game getting unbalanced from across the board % boosts.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...ea41d9ad1c89c5 shows that http://www.wowhead.com/spell=190894/...e-hidden-satyr is 1.9% of my dps. Even though the enchant is a proc it can be factored into % it adds. Instead of being fixed (some times it works out to a fixed amount) it is variable.

As for Warlocks not being about pets that is stupid. Demons are pets. Warlocks are a pet class and we could use with more pet development. It doesn't have to be the same as hunters but being locked to X pet in Y situation really limits the variety and utility at times. Look at how specs use Doomguard and essentially can't use any other demon. What if the DPS/utility wasn't tied to the model we use.

Our cool down could be opening a portal and having different demons pour through in a stampede like ability. Warlocks are a pet class and its time we get that side developed. I'd love to have enslave challenges or "contract" drops for unique demons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    warlocks are not hurting for customize-on glyph's compared to other classes they have more then most.
    Except they are, did you not just read what i said?
    yes they have 13
    but for example fel sucubus, shadow sucubus, and shivarrah all work on the succubus.... that is only 1 option on 3 glyphs. and we only use that pet for pvp.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Except they are, did you not just read what i said?
    yes they have 13
    but for example fel sucubus, shadow sucubus, and shivarrah all work on the succubus.... that is only 1 option on 3 glyphs. and we only use that pet for pvp.
    I read it and it proves that they have more then most as warriors have 9 which is less then 13 shamans have 8, dk's have 11 but if you want to not count glyphs that counter-dict each other then they have like 5, and rogues only have 4. most classes have less glyphs then warlocks this is not debatable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I read it and it proves that they have more then most as warriors have 9 which is less then 13 shamans have 8, dk's have 11 but if you want to not count glyphs that counter-dict each other then they have like 5, and rogues only have 4. most classes have less glyphs then warlocks this is not debatable.
    Ok, fine , that still does not excuse some of those glyphs making us do LESS DAMAGE and alos some of the glyphs NOT EVEN WORKING.
    also were not asking for a ton more glyphs, we are simply asking for something another class has.

Right. I know that. You are however unaware of the ability for theory craft to figure out the percentage increase that proc will offer. If a proc can happen X amount of time for Y amount of damage you can factor out the % increase to dps that it will give. It also allows Blizzard to tweak a talent with out having to worry about every other ability in the game getting unbalanced from across the board % boosts.
    No I completely understood where you were trying to go with that, but trying to pretend they're the same thing is asinine. Unless the damage proc happens on every cast and does a percentage of the damage the main spell does then it has absolutely changed significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    All three use demons. There's no escaping it.
    I mean, there's literally a way to escape it right now for 2 of the specs and I predominately played a spec for the last 2 xpacs that had escaped it. Just an active choice blizzard is making right now. They could literally flip the opposite way from one patch to the next if they so felt like it as the tools are already there.

15+ Year Old Account
    No I completely understood where you were trying to go with that, but trying to pretend they're the same thing is asinine. Unless the damage proc happens on every cast and does a percentage of the damage the main spell does then it has absolutely changed significantly.
    An ability that increase your dps by a flat +10% and a proc that works out to increasing your dps by 10% is the same thing just different methods of getting the +10% dps. Despite saying you completely understand your post shows you don't. The ability doesn't have to proc on every cast and do a percentage of the damage the main spell does if the proc equals the average percentage that flat increase does.

Again if you completely understand you wouldn't show such ignorance of math and how it all works out. If the flat increase adds 15% dps and the proc adds 15% dps how are the a significant change? It is still a 15% dps increase. That is why the ability hasn't change much over all. It still is meant to be a percent increase to our dps. Instead of a small % applied to everything you have one ability that provides the % increase.

How it applies the increase has change. It is why I have said it is similar or not a drastic/significant change. The delivery has changed but it is still designed to provide a % increase.

I mean, there's literally a way to escape it right now for 2 of the specs and I predominately played a spec for the last 2 xpacs that had escaped it. Just an active choice blizzard is making right now. They could literally flip the opposite way from one patch to the next if they so felt like it as the tools are already there.
    Just because there is one talent to play with out a demon doesn't remove demon stuff from Affliction and Destruction. They are not heavily tied to the pet theme like Demonology but there are still very much Demon oriented. A lot destruction abilities involve the demon/fel theme
    Last edited by rhorle; 2017-08-29 at 12:01 AM.

An ability that increase your dps by a flat +10% and a proc that works out to increasing your dps by 10% is the same thing just different methods of getting the +10% dps. Despite saying you completely understand your post shows you don't.
    If I have a direct damage spell with a 20 second cooldown that amounts to X dps, that would be an extremely different thing than having a DoT with a 20 second duration / cooldown that also does x dps. They would result in the same dps, but would be dramatically different in what they could and couldn't do with mostly the dot being at a disadvantage.

How the damage is done is just as if not more important than how much. Its the reason why destro locks have seen so much play the last 3 xpacs despite consistently having worse sustained damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solexia View Post
    Twitter:

Pyromancer:
    Any Warlock spell animation updates in the works? You could do something incredible with Chaos Bolt. Please <3

WarcraftDevs
    Yep! We're working on updated Warlock effects as well, they just won't be ready for 7.3.
    I've ALWAYS hated chaos bolt... I hate that its a dragon... I hate the 2 little side balls... I hate that they fly together in tandem like fucking Blue Angels....

I sincerely hope that it is worth the wait. So far I dig all the other new animations so...

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    I've ALWAYS hated chaos bolt... I hate that its a dragon... I hate the 2 little side balls... I hate that they fly together in tandem like fucking Blue Angels....

I sincerely hope that it is worth the wait. So far I dig all the other new animations so...
    I wouldn't hold my breath on it not just being an upres'd dragon.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I have a direct damage spell with a 20 second cooldown that amounts to X dps, that would be an extremely different thing than having a DoT with a 20 second duration / cooldown that also does x dps. They would result in the same dps, but would be dramatically different and would have two completely different use cases.
    Only how it is presented to the player is different. The underlying effect on balance and dps is the same every 20 seconds X dps happens. Your example doesn't have completely different use cases because both are providing X dps over 20 seconds and both would be used. And again they are not dramatically different because every 20 seconds you were given X dps.

What would make it dramatically different is if the DoT provided Y resources each tick in addition to just dps. That would dramatically change the function and final result of each spell.

Its the reason why destro locks have seen so much play the last 3 xpacs despite consistently having worse sustained damage.
    Destruction has always had X dps as a dot and X dps as a cooldown spell. Your theory is proven false by your own argument. People are enjoying destruction Warlocks because of the way the mechanics all interact. But X dps from a dot versus a proc versus flat increase versus anything else is still the same X dps. So nothing has dramatically changed about the benefits of the talent/spell/ability/whatever.

The way you use it has changed but its effect on character power hasn't other then numbers for balance.