Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

At least 101 shot, 15 killed during violent Fourth of July weekend in Chicago

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/chicago-...end-shootings/

What is going on in this Democratic controlled city?

Why are is there so much gun violence?

Conservatives will point the finger at liberal crime and management policies. Liberals will point the finger at conservative gun and drug policies. Finger-pointing won't resolve deeply rooted systemic issues. Chicago's problems will continue.

Film at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Conservatives will point the finger at liberal crime and management policies. Liberals will point the finger at conservative gun and drug policies. Finger-pointing won't resolve deeply rooted systemic issues. Chicago's problems will continue.

Film at 11.
    That is a very cavalier attitude when over one hundred people are shot and 15 people are killed.

Chicago has the toughest gun laws in America I believe.

The environment that is being created by those in public service, who are predominately Democrats, need to be held accountable for this.

Film at 11.
    Chicago has conservative gun policies? Wow, learn something new every day. And it it really were the guns/drugs, why aren't all the places full of guns suffering similar statistics?
    Dude 1 uses racial slur towards white people. (no infraction)
    Dude 2 asks Dude 1 why he is so racist towards white people. (infraction)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatever View Post
    Chicago has conservative gun policies? Wow, learn something new every day. And it it really were the guns/drugs, why aren't all the places full of guns suffering similar statistics?
    Prepare to be flamed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/chicago-...end-shootings/

What is going on in this Democratic controlled city?

Why are is there so much gun violence?
    Man. Bait threads don't even try anymore.

OT: without knowing who was shot, or why they were shot, this thread isn't going to do anything but become (another)
    Circle-jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Man. Bait threads don't even try anymore.

OT: without knowing who was shot, or why they were shot, this thread isn't going to do anything but become (another)
    Circle-jerk.
    It makes a difference of who and why?

lol

Adorable.

Film at 11.
    Conservatives don't and haven't been in charge of Chicago for a while

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatever View Post
    I'm sure its not possible to easily bring guns into that city, city-based gun laws are useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Conservatives don't and haven't been in charge of Chicago for a while
    His point

-------

Your head

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wow..that is crazy.

Why are people like that when you celebrate your Independence day?

The second question would be: Why do we get a thread here immediately when a refugee steals an apple or a "terrorist" injures somebody, but this takes two days to make it to MMO C? I mean...over 100 pl shot and 15 dead....and I didn't even read about it in my country
    Can you provide any links when a thread is started over a refugee stealing an apple? All the ones I have seen concerning refugees are murder and rape.

Do you consider murder and rape done by a muslim refugee as equal to stealing an apple?

Almost like you need gun control or something.

Which is to say, none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is a very cavalier attitude when over one hundred people are shot and 15 people are killed.

The environment that is being created by those in public service, who are predominately Democrats, need to be held accountable for this.
    What environment is that?

I admit I will need to have US laws explained to me - so how are gun laws different from city to city? Like...do you have cities / states where gun laws are as restricted as..say in Germany and others where it is basically the wild west where everyone can open carry?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if you want to have this cleared up, then I shall reword: "The second question would be: Why do we get a thread here immediately when a refugee rapes somebody or a "terrorist" injures somebody, but this takes two days to make it to MMO C? I mean...over 100 pl shot and 15 dead....and I didn't even read about it in my country.

I do not think it needs a distinction of murder...and I would still love to hear why Americans kill each other with such viciousness on the day that...as I understand it....makes everyone proud to be American.
    Inner city gun violence committed by a certain element isn't exactly what people would call "Americans killing Americans".

Secondly, the posters of MMO-C aren't some hive-mind thread creators.

Thirdly, how can a thread be started on the 4th, when the occurrences were being committed on the fourth? Right now where I live it is 6am on July 6th. This article that I posted was created on July 5th.

Its neither the dems or the republicans fault.

Its the fault of a culture that encourages crime and idolizes guns. But its not something you can bring up without being labeled a racist.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2017-07-06 at 02:57 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Almost like you need gun control or something.

Which is to say, none.
    And yet plenty of other places have ridiculously high gun ownership rates and little to no murder.

Paging Ockham's Razor.
    Dude 1 uses racial slur towards white people. (no infraction)
    Dude 2 asks Dude 1 why he is so racist towards white people. (infraction)

Oh no, a city with a history of violence being violent? It's like when you give an abusive husband a restraining order, and they still come and kill the wife. You can't fix the pieces of shit, but you can stop future people from becoming pieces of shit (gun laws)
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Chicago dindu nuffin.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-07-06 at 05:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Its neither the dems or the republicans fault.

Its the fault of a culture that encourages crime and idolizes guns. But its not something you can bring up without being labeled a racist.
    Because you are willfully ignoring the centuries of exclusion and discrimination that has created this issue in the first place.

I admit I will need to have US laws explained to me - so how are gun laws different from city to city? Like...do you have cities / states where gun laws are as restricted as..say in Germany and others where it is basically the wild west where everyone can open carry?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if you want to have this cleared up, then I shall reword: "The second question would be: Why do we get a thread here immediately when a refugee rapes somebody or a "terrorist" injures somebody, but this takes two days to make it to MMO C? I mean...over 100 pl shot and 15 dead....and I didn't even read about it in my country.

I do not think it needs a distinction of murder...and I would still love to hear why Americans kill each other with such viciousness on the day that...as I understand it....makes everyone proud to be American.
    Cities have their own ordinances that are usually illegal but haven't been challenged

- - - Updated - - -

The way US law works is their is a statute from the federal government. Then there may be stricter laws from state or local governments. the law that provides the most coverage is normally what is held by the courts that oversee the enforcement of those laws (unless one violates the Federal law). Then you have about two years of appeals and depositions till you get to the supreme court (the top level) who may not even see the case and just kick it back down to the lower lvl applet courts.

This is a very very basic view of our legal system, but it at least gives you somewhat of an explanation how different cities and states can have different laws. This goes along with guns, booze, gambling, driving, ect. Example: one states drinking age might be 25 while the other is 21.