Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Got kicked from the guild as social

I had bad experiences playing as raider on guilds , the arrogant attidute of the officers enrage me (you know like altruis the sufferer) and i hate to have a schedule on a game like wow , since then i just join guilds for the chat and spam as social without participating in the activities of the guild , i like to be a lone wolf in wow and pug a lot and also lead my groups as i like , today i got kicked from the guild , the reason was , i didnt participate in the activities of the guild even though i did some mythic+ with them(very few though) , well i dont give a shit about the kick but my question is , are socials supposed to participate in the activities of the guild or get kicked? i was very active , i just didnt like do much stuff with them.
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2017-06-29 at 05:15 PM.

The guild can make up whatever rules they want.

Every guild is different. Some would like you to participate, some don't care one way or the other.

Deleted
    This really depends on the guild. In my guild socials are friends or family of raiders and aren't kicked unless offline for half a year. But then we don't invite random people as socials.

People give you a reason, and they have their own reason. It's impossible to tell if that's why you really got kicked even if that's what you were told. People lie all the time, maybe they just don't like you or you said something in chat that flustered some people and it was brought up to the attention of an officer or something and it was easy to just say you dont participate instead of saying they think you're a creep.

I've seen this happen, I've also seen much worse, nothing is impossible.

Also you sound like the kind of guy who should just have his own guild if you're a lone wolf, why even bother with the chat?

Deleted
    Let's face it, raiding guild only have social members for IRL friends or to fill up spots on heroics runs to get more loot for the raiding members.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I had bad experiences playing as raider on guilds , the arrogant attidute of the officers enrage me (you know like altruis the sufferer) and i hate to have a schedule on a game like wow , since then i just join guilds for the chat and spam as social without participating in the activities of the guild , i like to be a lone wolf in wow and pug a lot and also lead my groups as i like , today i got kicked from the guild , the reason was , i didnt participate in the activities of the guild even though i did some mythic+ with them(very few though) , well i dont give a shit about the kick but my question is , are socials supposed to participate in the activities of the guild or get kicked? i was very active , i just didnt like do much stuff with them.
    IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT

The problem are the guilds.

They're an old concept. They serve no purpose beyond forcing players to be social. That's bad game design. If I want to to be social, I create a facebook profile or become an instagram sensation(I'm very beautiful)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tizock View Post
    Let's face it, raiding guild only have social members for IRL friends or to fill up spots on heroics runs to get more loot for the raiding members.
    Your name is annoying, it sounds like mine. Name change right now to something more fitting

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT

The problem are the guilds.

They're an old concept. They serve no purpose beyond forcing players to be social. That's bad game design. If I want to to be social, I create a facebook profile or become an instagram sensation(I'm very beautiful)

- - - Updated - - -
    Or don't play a MULTIPLAYER GAME
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    They're an old concept. They serve no purpose beyond forcing players to be social. That's bad game design.
    What? I can understand if you are asking for content to be puggable more easily, but how can you go as far as calling guilds themselves a bad thing? Making friends, playing together for years, helping each other or even just logging on to have a chat with your guildmates is a great thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    the rank was called -social- for a reason

if you dont want to participate in the guild as you stated and the guild clearly noticed it theres really no reason to have you in
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Or don't play a MULTIPLAYER GAME
    It's not just a multiplayer game, don't be disingenuous... It's an MMORPG

And crying about it here helps you how?

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    What? I can understand if you are asking for content to be puggable more easily, but how can you go as far as calling guilds themselves a bad thing? Making friends, playing together for years, helping each other or even just logging on to have a chat with your guildmates is a great thing.
    Playing together for years? Making friends? Chat with your guildmates? What are you talking about? The only purpose of guilds was getting you epic gear.

Since everyone is running around with epic gear(which isn't epic anymore, feels like junk), there's no need for guilds anymore. Disband guilds, create a more reasonable world where design isn't shackled by archaic concepts like those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Sadly for you, guilds do not have to offer you reason for kicking you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing together for years? Making friends? Chat with your guildmates? What are you talking about? The only purpose of guilds was getting you epic gear.

Since everyone is running around with epic gear(which isn't epic anymore, feels like junk), there's no need for guilds anymore. Disband guilds, create a more reasonable world where design isn't shackled by archaic concepts like those.
    yeah ... no, guilds are more than just an epic gear factory to carry you thru content
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted

I feel bad for you, you've never had a good guild. Or ingame friends for that matter. I met my guildmates in TBC and we've been raiding together ever since. The voice chat on our raid nights feels like being in a pub and talking to my good old friends.

Unless you join a guild that only cares about having people there to chat, it's a basic expectation that you'll participate in the guild to some extent. You found out just how little you could do with this guild before they noticed, is all.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just a multiplayer game, don't be disingenuous... It's an MMORPG
    It's an MMORPG
    Mass Multiplayer

You have single player RPG and then you have multiplayer.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

I've never seen a guild that kicks socials for not participating. I have inactive alts in random guilds that have been in them for literally years without ever interacting with anyone from that guild. You just got (un)lucky.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it depends how the guild defines social. If you join any guilds in future and that rank is assigned to you, just ask what they might expect of you. Some of my characters in guilds are 'social', and all I usually do on those characters in non-raiding casual content and I have been in those guilds for quite a while.

A legit reason to kick a social would be if they've been offline for over a year.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?